M1 Garand Megathread

Another comment for the premature clip ejection-

Especially if a new stock, check the cut-out in the stock where the clip latch should clear. If it interferes with the clip latch you will need to clean up the cut-out. Usually not a problem with old stocks but something else to check.

PyUX7aZ.jpg
CQFi6ii.jpg

Another comment for the premature clip ejection-

Especially if a new stock, check the cut-out in the stock where the clip latch should clear. If it interferes with the clip latch you will need to clean up the cut-out. Usually not a problem with old stocks but something else to check.

PyUX7aZ.jpg
CQFi6ii.jpg
I got all phancy with mine and dug it out with my pocket knife

Just got a call from the CMP. Problem with credit card (got hacked last week and had to cancel),..but rifle is going to shipping this week.
ordered 3/29, received 4/1.
odd thing is she said they just got some rifles in, that’s why my order was lagging.

Last edited:
Just got a call from the CMP. Problem with credit card (got hacked last week and had to cancel),..but rifle is going to shipping this week.
ordered 3/29, received 4/1.
odd thing is she said they just got some rifles in, that’s why my order was lagging.

I'm happy to hear that they got some rifles in, as I was starting to get worried. I sent my stuff to 'Bama in early April, and I just got an email on July 20th that my order was received April 7th. Hmmm. And I also have to update my CC.

They have a huge stack of orders for the 5th of April. I had to call yesterday to give a new CC because my card was compromised yesterday. My first worry was CMP….

4-5 is the day they received my order and the lady, when searching for my order to update, said they had a big pile for that day. She said it would be another week or so but I think she says that all day.

Lots of C.C.s getting compromised these days. Mine got frauded twice in 5 months. The bad Guys are busy...

And now, back to the thread...

Now the next worry is ammo. Nobody seems to have .30-06 at any price, especially the lower pressure, non-Korean stuff.
You really have to look and grab it, $1 a round is the current price if you want to shoot. OR jump into reloading.

a friend received his first M1 and his first center fire rifle to boot a few weeks ago.
Nice late 40s SA SG new wood.
After the a week of frustration looking for ammo he bought a single stage press , dies and rounded up some components all in about 10 days.
His dad used to reload so they loaded up 50 rounds and off they went.
Then his dad says, I might have some bullets kicking around. Few days later my friend calls and says. My dad found 1000 bullets and 300 rounds of LC ammo from the 60s.

CMP Paperwork.

It's been years since I bought anything from CMP and it looks like I have to send them all new paperwork. I've got the Forms 1A and 2A and copies of my Driver's License and Mass LTC.

Can't quite figure our from the CMP website if I can email all this or is I have to mail it. Does anyone know. And I guess that I get a CMP Customer ID from all this. Oh, also trying to find a Notary who won't freak that I am buying guns.

Anything else I should know?

CMP Paperwork.

It's been years since I bought anything from CMP and it looks like I have to send them all new paperwork. I've got the Forms 1A and 2A and copies of my Driver's License and Mass LTC.

Can't quite figure our from the CMP website if I can email all this or is I have to mail it. Does anyone know. And I guess that I get a CMP Customer ID from all this. Oh, also trying to find a Notary who won't freak that I am buying guns.

Don't assume they don't have your records, I did and in 2019 when I bought from them they pulled up my record from the late 80s which was back when they used paper records. They had computerised and still had mine on file.

CMP Paperwork.

Local bank or UPS store , they just get it done as fast as they can. Only thing they ask is for ID

they need the INK copy of your Notary so just mail it all in
If you plan on a rifle order send it all in together.

now if your ordered before you can fax/email all your other info and mail in the Notary and note it for customer service account info.
My Notary lapsed this time around and just mailed it in 3 days layer I got email with a GTG

CMP Paperwork.

Thanks to Covid there are now several approved online Notary services. Just Google “online notary”.

Don't assume they don't have your records, I did and in 2019 when I bought from them they pulled up my record from the late 80s which was back when they used paper records. They had computerised and still had mine on file.
You have to have current CMP affiliated club info and a current notorized affidavit. Good for 2 years.

You have to have current CMP affiliated club info and a current notorized affidavit. Good for 2 years.
It’s good for 3 years:

CMP revised the purchase forms and streamlined procedures for repeat customers. If you complete a new Universal Purchaser Certification and Agreement to buy a rifle from the CMP, signed before a Notary Public, you may for a period of three (3) years thereafter submit an application to purchase additional rifles, parts or ammunition without having the Purchaser Certification and Agreement notarized – provided that the “SHIP TO” address on the order form remains exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom