Lunenburg, MA - April 7th

Flyer states 60 tables. $4 admission

Held at Lunenburg Sportsman's Club. 9am-4pm.

I've heard it is an ok show, but have not made it. Maybe this year?

Matt

It's small, but it's worth going to. I'll definitely be there, if for no other reason than it's a 10 minute drive from my hose and I'm a member there. If anyone wants to shoot afterwards, we can hit the rifle and/or pistol ranges.

Repost from the October 2006 thread:

Picture a small clubhouse (say, 40 ft wide x 80 ft long) crammed full of tables of gun stuff. Two aisles, basically in a circular pattern around the room, with gun folks elbow-to-elbow. Outside is a dirt parking lot with every inch taken up by parked cars/pickups - all free, of course.

Tons of parts and pieces, some old ammo dug out of the closet, paper targets, dummy rounds, books, holsters, pistols, rifles, shotguns, reloading supplies..... you name it. Much of it isn't worth much - just some fellow looking to clear out the extra's. The guys behind the tables are more likely to be good 'ole boys than commercial vendors.

Up front is the kitchen and a few small tables where people are eating a delicious, just-cooked breakfast, and the aroma is wafting over the entire room.

Here and there are little crowds of gun people huddle around some interesting bit of history, and marveling at how few are left.

It's certainly not Springfield.... it's just an old-fashioned gun show like grandpa used to go to.

YOU'VE GOT TO GO - AT LEAST ONCE - BEFORE THEY ALL DISAPPEAR.

My 2 cents...

Is Lunenburg This Weekend?

I was just wondering, can anyone confirm that the Lunenburg gun show is this weekend, Sat April 7th, 2007 at 9AM? I couldn't find a website for the club or any other confirmation online..

That is correct. Info was on a flyer at recent gun shows, and also a card sent to my house. Fun little show to attend, especially with no parking fee and a cost of $3.00 with the flyer...

AHHH! I forgot it was today! I guess I'll miss it yet again... unless I get down late in the day...

Did anyone go? How was it? Should I bother to drive the 45minutes?

I was there when it opened - same show. If you liked it last year, you'll like it this year.

Gun Show Admission: $3.00

Hungry Man Breakfast at the club: $5.00

A morning with my son at a good ole-fashioned bit of Americana: Priceless!

How'd you get a dollar off, Ken? They charged me $4...

Picked up some .22 Minimag to feed Crak's 10-22 at the Appleseed shoot in a couple of weeks - your rifle has expensive tastes, Chris. MY 10-22 will feed Federal and Remington bulk pack - also picked up a surplus (I think) machete to keep the weeds in the side yard under control. (American Bamboo, the yard guys called it... I call it a weed).

Nice show - one of the dealers there had a Detonics .45 for 699 and a Star Firestar .45 for $399. I was very tempted by the Firestar - but I'm holding out for my M1 Carbine.

Ross - you gotta start picking up the flyers at the other shows, get a subscription to Shotgun News, and filling out the "door prize" slips. I don't know I've been to a show in the past few years where I didn't have a flyer good for a dollar off...

I must be on the sooper sekrit "do not send this guy any flyers" list. I've NEVER gotten a postcard from the guys who do the Marlboro show, even though I fill out the little card and drop it in the box every time I attend. Don't remember if I picked up a Lunenberg flyer at the Marlboro show or not, either.

Oh, well.

Got a couple of nice toys anyway.

I had a good time there today. Bought two guns, a S&W 34-1 "Pinto" for $400, and a 6" blue S&W mod 19 for $240.

There were a lot of nice guns. Saw a Aussie Victory Model 38-200 for $350. Some real nice Colt 1911's, lots of good quality Smith revolvers. Some good ammo prices. The food was good and it was a beautiful day to drive 18 exits up 495

Hey guys, is this a Saturday only show? I looked in the show listings earlier this week and didn't see any mention of this. Darn, I need some 8mm...

-= chuck

Chuck, don't know where you are, but Greg Cauldwell at The Powder Keg had 8mm. Saw a lot of it yesterday while shop hopping. He's in Mansfield and works the gun shows. Check for a thread in the Gun Dealers section. Here's what I remember off the top of my head:

882 (IIRC) East St., Mansfield

Since this is PT for Greg, he's only there sometime after 4PM during the week. I'm planning on being there Monday late afternoon to pick up some toys. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom