Ltc pending status question

But the Chief doesn't care about this. If you win it cost the Chief nothing, it can even be said the Chief tried and he'll get credit for that. There is nothing you can win that will cost the chief anything, but plenty to lose if you piss him off. And so my question, which you didn't quote, is the goal to get the LTC as simply and quickly as possible, or is the goal to change the system even though it means no LTC for 5 maybe 10 years, and tens of thousands of dollars. And I wouldn't count on Comm2a too much, they are highly selective in the cases they take.

In order to imply a threat there has to be possible negative repercussions, there are no negative repercussions to the Chief.
Maybe Comm2a will help, maybe they won’t. It is worth contacting them. They have managed to convince a number of chiefs to change their mind in recent months.

If Comm2a won’t help, then a quick consult with Jason Guida. He would likely be willing to call or send a letter to the chief for short money. He has also convinced licensing officers to change their mind.

You are being too defeatist.

Jason WHO

The guy that sold most of us and ALL of "The Mill" FFL's out for a free quote in the Boston Glob.

Screw Him

@nstassel is who I would call, he has given me solid advice in the past

Was your check cashed yet? Have you had your fingerprints and mugshot taken?
If not, a phone call is in order AND an email which will leave a paper trail for you!

From 42!

"And so my question, which you didn't quote, is the goal to get the LTC as simply and quickly as possible, or is the goal to change the system even though it means no LTC for 5 maybe 10 years, and tens of thousands of dollars. "

The Chief has already cost the applicant 9 months without a firearm to protect himself just because he CAN or is just a lazy POS who doesn't care. He can't keep sitting on application once an "inquiry" has started on the reason for delay. Winthrop is not Boston population wise so no excuse IMHO. I'd call licensing Officer and ask for update and date when application will "reviewed" and forwarded to FRB. If he doesn't receive a positive answer inform Officer Certified Letter is inbound and consult lawyer.

You should call the Chief, and ask him what kind of shit does he think he is pulling, it doesn't take 9 months to issue an LTC.
Then tell him to get off his silly donut eating lazy ass, and issue you the LTC.
And that will go over like a fart in church. Always remember the "suitable" thingy. Jack.

Just checked, Winthrop population is 18,558 so no excuse. Do they expect applicant to believe they're overwhelmed with LTC applications?

You can also schedule a face to face meeting with the COP. Subject: Request update on LTC application.

He’ll probably apologize and get it moving.

If you are nice about it, you’ll both come out looking good.

From 42!

"And so my question, which you didn't quote, is the goal to get the LTC as simply and quickly as possible, or is the goal to change the system even though it means no LTC for 5 maybe 10 years, and tens of thousands of dollars. "

The Chief has already cost the applicant 9 months without a firearm to protect himself just because he CAN or is just a lazy POS who doesn't care. He can't keep sitting on application once an "inquiry" has started on the reason for delay. Winthrop is not Boston population wise so no excuse IMHO. I'd call licensing Officer and ask for update and date when application will "reviewed" and forwarded to FRB. If he doesn't receive a positive answer inform Officer Certified Letter is inbound and consult lawyer.
He CAN sit on it till a Judge orders him to take action, the question is WILL he.

Unless you're ready to go all the way, with lawyers, money, and time. You're best bet is to smile and play nice. I'm not endorsing either, I think the system sucks, but those are your choices, like it or not.

Personally I took option 3, I moved to a free state.

But the Chief doesn't care about this. If you win it cost the Chief nothing, it can even be said the Chief tried and he'll get credit for that. There is nothing you can win that will cost the chief anything, but plenty to lose if you piss him off.

I think you're reading too far into things. If a chief is threatened and "pissed off" by a piece of certified mail (which, that he's probably not even signing for, it will be some othe flack at his office) you're in for a ride anyways. [rofl]

ETA: also at this stage of the game (eg, the lazy PD not activating) the license is printed anyways, and the PD is just laze-turtling. If they wanted to really be malicious they would have done that up front. (especially the 2 shot interview instead of one trip, etc. ) The least-effort thing for them to do to make it go away is to activate the license and mail it to you or have you come pick it up.

Bottom line. Got renewed. No problem.. peace out

Protip: If its a resident renewal nothing matters including "how long they take" if you have a mircs receipt, you have a free bingo square as long as you have that piece of paper, unless they revoke you or something during the process. The grace period is indefinite on resident LTCs if a renewal is submitted before expiration and the receipt becomes proof of that. My dad was late-turtled over a year during covid BS on a renewal, (although most of it was his fault becuase he didnt check his email) but he had legal coverage the entire time.

Everything is ok. Have it in hand..be patient in mass

New licensees may need to be more persistent, douche towns often turtle and play games with new applicants. Renewals is a whole other ballgame, and a key question to ask in a douche town is "if you are getting a receipt when you leave after submitting a renewal. "

The implied threat is that you are creating a paper trail that can be admissible in future legal action if necessary. Sending it certified mail return receipt requested means that the police department can't claim in court that they never received your letter.
Just in case anyone skimmed over this little gem of a statist comment, between this, the vax pushing, and a huge helping of TDS this guy is living deep in Orwell’s 1984.

Back
Top Bottom