• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC needed to buy empty ammo cans???

That I can agree with, just DOB. Anything else, they can pound sand.

Ok I take it back. Previously I watched the cashier only enter my DOB, but just a few minutes ago I was at the register with some .22 and saw the cashier enter my LTC #. I told him to hold up and asked why he was doing so. He said usually the machine doesn't ask for anything but DOB, but it did today. I still bought the ammo but will be calling the store to speak with the manager and let him know I won't be buying anything else from his store. I know its not he nor manager's fault, it's corporate, but I'm not cool with this.

So YES, Dicks Sporting Goods is recording your LTC number, sometimes atleast.

I've given up in big box gun stores because of this kind of stupid behavior.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

This.

You should expect this sort of thing at Cabela's or Dick's or Bass or wherever. If you expect it going in, you'll save yourself the ulcer.

I can do one better. One time I bought a jar of cherries from the cocktail items section of the supermarket... I used a self checkout register and it flagged me for check ID... for a jar of cherries... [rofl]

Policies like this are typical of scatterbrained box stores with too many lawyers.

-Mike

Ask for a manager. I've done this, they fix it, and it pisses off other customers waiting in line. Do this enough and maybe they will correct it.

There's a good way to handle this and an ass way to handle it, if you're actually holding up the line you become "that guy". The guy making trouble. Nobody will care if you are right. Nobody will care if the staff just shot your dog in the parking lot or whatever your beef is, you just become that "problem" that's interrupting them from getting out of the store. The customers won't blame the store either, they will glare at and blame you instead, because "that guy" is everywhere. We've all seen him- he's the jerk that buys like 48 scratch tickets during a peak time at the convenience store and can't make up his mind, or the raging coupon skinflint douchebag that uses coupons in the 14 item or less lane and ****s up the coupons (like they're invalid for the shit hes buying because it doesn't apply to the size or whatever) or writes out a ****ing check for 20 bucks worth of groceries. (and they can't even bother to have the check filled out mostly when they come in the store) You can still use that problem as leverage without actually having to use it -by explaining that to the manager- offline. "Look, I decided to pull myself out of line to resolve this, but the next guy that comes in here and bitches about it- and make no mistake, there will be more- is not going to be this polite. He's going to go full apeshit retard over it, these people are already foaming at the mouth about having to show ID for various things... do you want to scare customers away? " etc. There's a lot of ways to resolve this without being "that guy". [laugh]

-Mike

For someone so inclined to try to put a stop to this nonsense, I suggest the following:

Call Cabela's at 978-212-6200 and ask for Marti Rudi, he's the Marketing Manager for that store. Explain the problem (politely) and ask him what he can do to resolve this matter.

Perhaps he can have them fix their computer system to merely comply with MGLs?

I met Marti and talked with him at the pre-grand-opening. I haven't bothered to stop there since then. I wasn't impressed enough with their prices to stop even the few times I've driven very close to the store.

Might be a moot point as Bass Pro bought Cabela's today for $5.5 Billion.

For someone so inclined to try to put a stop to this nonsense, I suggest the following:

Call Cabela's at 978-212-6200 and ask for Marti Rudi, he's the Marketing Manager for that store. Explain the problem (politely) and ask him what he can do to resolve this matter.

Perhaps he can have them fix their computer system to merely comply with MGLs?

I met Marti and talked with him at the pre-grand-opening. I haven't bothered to stop there since then. I wasn't impressed enough with their prices to stop even the few times I've driven very close to the store.

Back
Top Bottom