LTC-B -> First Purchase?

What do want the pistol for? Don't think I saw that asked...

Target, home defense, plinking, etc.?

AFAIK, any pistol legal in MA with a 10 round mag you can get. Even if it can take a hi-cap (so long as you dont posess said hi-cap) you can own on a LTC-B.

But tell us what you want to do with it and we can be of better help...

BTW, no matter which Para you want, stay away!!! Spend a few more and find another brand...

I'd Check your facts, before you get someone in deep trouble.

Really? I was under the impression that the LTC-A (non hi cap) and LTC-B have the same Mag capacity restrictions i.e. 10 or less, the LTC-A Hi Cap you can have any (pre-ban) 11+ rounders (and of course carry it)...

Think of a Ruger MK III with a 10 round mag, Thought anyone with any LTC could buy one. It was carrying it that made the difference (not that I would carry a MKIII).

What is the Mag/Pistol restriction on the LTC-B?

Really? I was under the impression that the LTC-A (non hi cap) and LTC-B have the same Mag capacity restrictions i.e. 10 or less, the LTC-A Hi Cap you can have any (pre-ban) 11+ rounders (and of course carry it)...

Think of a Ruger MK III with a 10 round mag, Thought anyone with any LTC could buy one. It was carrying it that made the difference (not that I would carry a MKIII).

Remember Mass classifies high capacity as "readily capable of accepting" a feeding device of >10 rounds. If one is available, its high capacity. This is why mass compliant WASR-10's available for purchase by non high capacity license holders wont accept AK mags (without being converted)

all LTC-As are high cap. all LTC-B are non-high cap.

well yeah, but I was trying to show him there is no LTC-A non-high cap permit.
Well technically if you worked security you could OC with an LTC-B and a low-cap approved pistol. I don't think I've heard of that happening in recent years though. Most depts will skip LTC-B altogether because of the confusion with the law and just hand out a restricted LTC-A.

Back
Top Bottom