• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looks like go time in CT They are going to come for this guys guns

I've thought about this very thing. Let's say something completely motivates you and you stand up with your gun to defend the constitution. If you're alone on this we will likely read about it in the paper and see posts on NES that read, "PSGWSP."

On the other hand, if you've been getting together with other members over beer in pubs or over dinner, and have a group plan and the group acts together, you'll be more like the colonial patriots.

Excellent points!

Go Time will never be acted upon. The cops could be dragging people from their homes and people would still be claiming they would "rise up" to stop it. It makes them feel good, but it's nonsense at the end of the day.

Maybe yes, maybe no... every society has their tipping point. From what I can see, we're fast approaching that point. Economic malaise for the middle and working class, political corruption, jack-booted thuggery, massive redistribution of wealth. When enough people have nothing left to lose, they will fight... that simple.

Like the colonial patriots, ey? Those men were braving the elements, hostile Indians, diseases, starvation, and rough physical labor. What we are facing are lines at dunkins, cold fries at McDonalds, and the choice between white or brown sugar in our lattes. The closest we come to hard labor is when we shovel 5 inches of snow off our porch.the colonial patriots were wolves. We are lapdogs, on a good day. All we do is bitch and moan, going tough on the internet, and collecting gear we never intent to use. We are pussies, so we shouldn't dare comparing us to the men who stood up to the mightiest army of their time.

Spot on. Most don't want to admit it.

Another Branch Davidian-esque showdown with child-murdering federal goons could happen tomorrow and everyone would still go to work.

Agree mav - I'm not going to 'civil disobedience' a law that's been on the books for 10 years or more - not much firm ground to stand on. However, lets say Linsky gets his wish - I proceed to Rileys and pick up a nice supply of PMAGs and parts to make my current 'legal' weapons - into standard weapons.

My feeling is that I will fight against the obvious absurdity, all this stuff passed 10 yrs ago, now you've not only changed it, you made me a criminal for following the law and doing nothing else.

I hope that made sense.

Agree mav - I'm not going to 'civil disobedience' a law that's been on the books for 10 years or more - not much firm ground to stand on. However, lets say Linsky gets his wish - I proceed to Rileys and pick up a nice supply of PMAGs and parts to make my current 'legal' weapons - into standard weapons.

My feeling is that I will fight against the obvious absurdity, all this stuff passed 10 yrs ago, now you've not only changed it, you made me a criminal for following the law and doing nothing else.

I hope that made sense.

If they do away with "pre-bans" why bother keeping the current set of preban mags? Just go out and buy some nice PMAGs.

Exactly what I am saying, pre-bans are what $30? now - I've lost track. I spent $20-$25 for mine, almost twice what a mag goes for and you still want to make me a criminal? A bulk buy of pmags and surefure 60's are in my future.

Go Time will never be acted upon. The cops could be dragging people from their homes and people would still be claiming they would "rise up" to stop it. It makes them feel good, but it's nonsense at the end of the day.

I can't agree. In a scenario like you're proposing, when normal, upstanding family and friends are "dragged from homes" and dumped in gulags and camps, that leaves pretty severe residual anger and rage behind in those remaining. I suspect that when folks are "dragged from homes", that will also generally lead to lost wages, great outrage, non-payment of taxes, work stoppages, supply interruptions...and the dusting off and oiling for our favorite cold blue steel items. Then ****ing watch out.

Last edited:
Maybe yes, maybe no... every society has their tipping point. From what I can see, we're fast approaching that point. Economic malaise for the middle and working class, political corruption, jack-booted thuggery, massive redistribution of wealth. When enough people have nothing left to lose, they will fight... that simple.

The apathy the plagues this country of ours is what will be its downfall. Anyone see what's going on in the Ukraine? People are throwing some hard-core no-sh*t riots over whether or not to join the EU; pretty small potatoes to riot over.

We here in the US have had "god-given" rights stripped away and we do nothing. Most people don't even seem to care. The best we can muster up is a few hundred people with signs standing in front of government buildings for a few hours. The Ukranians have a 24/7 presence at their gov't buildings/ Watch the "Vice" documentary about it. Makes me wonder what the Ukrainian people have that the Americans don't.

"Makes me wonder what the Ukrainian people have that the Americans don't."

Nothing left to lose...

I was leaning towards something intangible. They have some inherent characteristic that drives them to stand up and protest that today's American Society doesn't possess. Joining the EU isn't exactly a basic human rights issue. My right to life and my right to defend my life, on the other hand, is a slightly more pressing issue. Again, the government wants to take away the basic human right to life and the best we can do is a few guys with signs. When are we going to start "occupying" if you will, our public buildings and public areas?

They most likely have lived a tougher life in general. Americans have become too spoiled and soft.

I was leaning towards something intangible. They have some inherent characteristic that drives them to stand up and protest that today's American Society doesn't possess. Joining the EU isn't exactly a basic human rights issue. My right to life and my right to defend my life, on the other hand, is a slightly more pressing issue. Again, the government wants to take away the basic human right to life and the best we can do is a few guys with signs. When are we going to start "occupying" if you will, our public buildings and public areas?

Back
Top Bottom