• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking to try country pond gc in newton

MSant

NES Member
I have been living in Salem for almost a year and would like to try out Country Pond and maybe get a sponsor. Anybody willing to take me in? I would be more than willing to share my toys and gift some ammo your way.
I want to do so before the year ends. Hopefully before next public shoot

Last edited:
I have been living in Salem for almost a year and would like to try out Country Pond and maybe get a sponsor. Anybody willing to take me in? I would be more than willing to share my toys and gift some ammo your way.
I want to do so before the year ends. Hopefully before next public shoot
Country Pond is in Newton. Plaistow Fish & Game Club is in Plaistow.

I'm not a member there, but have been participating in the bowling pin shoots, steel plate matches, and 3-Gun events there for a few years, which are all open to the public.

They have a great club with a really good group of members that are very welcoming. If you don't get a hit here, go to one of their public events (there are many and are frequent) and introduce yourself. I'm sure that someone will guide you through the process.

The only reason I am not a member is because I live in Andover and Andover Sportsman's Club is closer. But I really enjoy participating int the events at CPRG.

Good luck.

Country Pond has five events in December that are open to the public (it's a slow month because of Christmas) and ten in January, which is about average for most months. The best way to find a sponsor is to attend some of these, show that you can be safe and responsible around guns, and make some new friends, all while having a good time.

Details here.

Country Pond has five events in December that are open to the public (it's a slow month because of Christmas) and ten in January, which is about average for most months. The best way to find a sponsor is to attend some of these, show that you can be safe and responsible around guns, and make some new friends, all while having a good time.

Details here.

what he said!!! Best club i have ever been a part of. All great people. Public events are all safe and "judgement free zones" As long as you are a safe handler of fire arms. Just show up to a few events and someone will assist you.

My brother is a member, and whenever I can get up that way I'll join him for a plate shoot.
Always felt right at home and welcomed by the other members, a nice active club.
(I like it better than my own club, but too far away!)

Back
Top Bottom