looking for feedback on two 9mm pistols

I am looking to refill the 9mm spot in my collecton with an inexspensive 9mm so visted a couple of my local gunstores the past week and there was a couple pistols that I was eyeballing and I am interested in some user feedback from people who either shot them or own them.

The first is the Ruger sr9 and the second is a ATI at92f beretta clone

I've shot the Ruger at Manchester. Felt pretty good, but the sights were a bit on the small side for me. My friend fired it and loved it. His grouping were really tight. He said he'd probably buy one when he needs a new handgun.

I own a 92fs and love the gun. Easy to shoot and clean.

Suggest you head up to Manchester to see if you can rent the SR9 and try it out. Don't think they have the ATI, but I could be wrong.

Happy shopping!

one of my friends has the sr9. I've shot it and hated it and thought why would someone ever buy such a POS?? Just didn't feel right to me. anyway just my opinion. I just picked up a Walther PPS 9mm, I LOVE it..

i found a few fn fnp-9 ranging from $399 with 2 mags decocker only to $429 with decocker and safety with 3 mags all three pistols are NIB at a local store . I am thinking a fn might be my new 9mm . I heard only good things about the fn pistols

In MA? The FN pistols look pretty nice. I wouldn't mind checking one out in person.

i found a few fn fnp-9 ranging from $399 with 2 mags decocker only to $429 with decocker and safety with 3 mags all three pistols are NIB at a local store . I am thinking a fn might be my new 9mm . I heard only good things about the fn pistols

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

What are you looking for in size overall? Full Size,Mid Sized or Compact?

I am looking for a full size just a range gun it wont be ccw and i am looking to stay around $400. I want an inexpesive accurate gun that i wont care to much if get banged up at the range from being rough handled by friends (such as my girl friend scrathing my new at time SA 1911 champion operator front strap by wearing a ring while shooting it) . And it seems like my friends love to shot my toys but dont like to throw in cash for ammo so i want a 9mm to keep the ammo cost down when they want to shoot with me, plus if im just out plinking being able to shoot cheepo wwb 9mm will save me time at the reloading bench reloading 45acp for my 1911's.

A genuine 92fs can sometimes be had for only a little over $400, used. Might want to keep looking around some. Always been interested in those FNs, but never tried one.

.... And it seems like my friends love to shot my toys but dont like to throw in cash for ammo so i want a 9mm to keep the ammo cost down when they want to shoot with me, plus if im just out plinking being able to shoot cheepo wwb 9mm will save me time at the reloading bench reloading 45acp for my 1911's.

you need new friends [grin]. Come to an NES shoot, people share their guns with you and like you to do the same.

Another vote for the 92FS. I have one and love it.
Something else to consider is that S&W is coming out with (already came out with?) a new line that falls between the Sigma and M&P series, called the SD series. Might be interesting to check out.

There is the good ole Ruger P series...like the P-89 they are cheap,built like a tank go bang every time.Also, if you share with your friends alot it's virtually impossible for them to break it.

A p-89 was the second handgun i ever bought they are tanks and it was a good pistol. I ended up selling it to my brother after i got sick of him begging for me for it

The Ruger P-89's are great and should leave you a little for ammo. Have put a few hundred through the SR-9 and it work good and felt confortable too. But there are a lot of choice in 9mm in the range. Personally I would look for the used FS stick with the Rugers or look at a Stoeger Couger all day for your price range. I personally always recomend the Glocks but they are a no no I guess in that state.

I have no experience with FN other that their .45 which was a good shooter.

92FS
Glock 17
M&P 9
Springfield XD 9

-all are accurate and tac drivers... [smile] but i'm biased because i own these products.

I am looking for a full size just a range gun it wont be ccw and i am looking to stay around $400. I want an inexpesive accurate gun that i wont care to much if get banged up at the range from being rough handled by friends (such as my girl friend scrathing my new at time SA 1911 champion operator front strap by wearing a ring while shooting it) . And it seems like my friends love to shot my toys but dont like to throw in cash for ammo so i want a 9mm to keep the ammo cost down when they want to shoot with me, plus if im just out plinking being able to shoot cheepo wwb 9mm will save me time at the reloading bench reloading 45acp for my 1911's.

Glock is always a good option.

Buying a used Glock should set you back around $400 in a free state, and for about $50 shipping you can send it into the factory in Georgia to inspect and upgrade as needed.

Matter of fact, the old 1st Gen G17 I bought is being replaced free of charge due to a brittle frame. So you don't have to worry too much about buying a lemon... they don't care if you're the first owner or the tenth.

Back
Top Bottom