Looking for Base Plates for M&P 9 10 round mag for use with magwell

Amputee Marksman

NES Member
Looking for base plates for M&P 9 10 round magazines that can be used with a Magwell. Basically something that can be used with a Springer Precision or a Speed Shooter Specialties magwell.

I have a feeling I am wasting my time looking for the base plates for the crippled MA 10 round magazines but maybe not.

1776 gunsmithing ( used to be in Walpole) made some for me out of delrin several years ago. I have a thread somewhere here about them. They sold many of them to folks in Canada.

I think his name is Tim? from 1776 is now working at Gartman arms in Foxboro. When he first started there I approached him about making a run of those again, but I didn't follow up on it.

here are mine...

I think I started out with 8 of them. After 2-3 seasons of USPSA they started cracking at the edge where it slides on the mag tube. I would not hesitate to buy more if they were to become available.

eta: fount the old threads
https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/252810-Smith-amp-Wesson-M-amp-P-9mm-quot-Blue-Steel-quot-Edition-by-1776-Gunsmithing?highlight=m%26amp%3Bp+basepad

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/254519-Review-M-amp-P-magazine-extensions-by-1776-gunsmithing?highlight=m%26amp%3Bp+basepad

Last edited:
No idea of the IDPA/Production legality of this. Here's my M&P40 L10 setup: I took a 9mm 10rd base pad (they are longer than 40), hot glued the base of 40 10rd base pad, hacksawed and stippled. You can buy the 9mm 10rd basepads for $2 from Speed Shooter Specialties.

I tried to make some more of these, and we could not get the CNC program or materials to match our original samples from 1776. I didn't think there was much interest in this product, so I kind of dropped it last fall. We are pretty busy right now, but I will look back into making another run this summer if it is possible. Substantial parts manufacturing is a tall order for a small proto-type shop like ours, so we are kind of at the mercy of the local CNC shops. If anyone has ideas or interest feel free to send me a PM. I have already discussed this issue with u/SJan at length, and would welcome more feedback.

Scott Folk from Apex tricked out my M&P at the Indoor Nationals. The gun is so sweet. Due to the modifications I have to shoot in IDPA ESP now. Since i am in ESP I figured I might as well add a Magwell.

- - - Updated - - -

We all know what he solution is as I live less than 20 miles from the border. Just trying to keep it all legit.

M&P 9mm Extended Mag Base for 10rnd. Magazines

Came across these while looking for something else.
I wonder how long they have been available.

My end solution was to get some 17 rounds magazines and then reduce the capacity of them by using some MagBlocks. The MagBlocks installed in minutes and worked without any issues. I installed them, shot a few sessions with them to verify they functioned and then went back and used epoxy to glue them to the basepad locking plate making them a "permanent" modification. If I move a free state I can pull them out and replace the basepad locking plate, about $2.50, and have the original capacity back.

Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm Magblock (10 and 15 Round Limiters)

Back
Top Bottom