• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a good Motorcycle Mechanic (North Shore/Metro-west)

Looking for recommendations for a trustworthy, competent motorcycle mechanic in the North Reading/Burlington area. 87 Honda Shadow 750cc, ran rough last year after sitting the previous year. Looking for a safety inspection, tune up, and probably carb cleaning. Somewhat handy, but would like a trained eye to go over it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

the best non-ripoff I can recommend is Seacoast Cycle in Newburyport. I know, not your location specs. They do all the work you listed including the inspection. Or... have fun and tune the carbs yourself. Do it once and never pay someone to do it again. Plus I promise you'll always use fuel stabilizer and a fuel filter from this point on if you see the work involved in cleaning the carbs

Thanks, Ill check them out. I have family that way, and its a great excuse to cruise up Rt. 1! I got the bike last year, so the damage was done before I got my hands on it but good advice I'll be sure to do that from now on.

I use Bay4 motorsports in Tewksbury. I had him do the carbs on a Yamaha that was giving me trouble years ago and he treated me right , so I've given him my business since. Good luck, it's time to ride

Anderson Cycle in Framingham is really good.
Carlton has serviced my bikes when I was riding cross country for years.
He is a bit out of your region, but it may be worth the trip.

Anyone have any recommendations for the Worcester area? I don't have a lot of money to throw at it since this bike has only got to get me to this time next year. I only paid $1,500 for the bike, so throwing anything over $300 at it isn't worth it

Back
Top Bottom