• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a good auto painter

I understand but as it sits its probably worth $15,000. A restored two wheel drive Blazer is worth $50-70,000. I am a member of the 1947 to present Chevy truck forum and many people have bought $50,000 Blazers that appeared mint only to find hidden rust and end up going through the same thing I am experiencing. NOS parts would be not only impossible to find they would be more than this whole repair using reproduction parts would be. I have actually been in discussion with Jay from this forum and thread. He is doing a 4 X 4 Blazer using these same bedsides and floor parts. There are not many other options out there? Kindig can make his own parts but I don't have $250,000?

As far as under water It is what it is. How many times has someone spent $100,000 building and restoring a classic muscle car only to sell it for half the investment. I am 58 and disabled trying my best to take care of my 91 year old dad with Alzheimer's and really have no joy in my life. And of course before I order a single part I am either going to have Jay look at it and work something out or have the fabricator in Walpole that is doing the suspension and engine work his opinion. He does this kind of work also and has used these same reproduction parts with success? Many of these parts are GM authorized restoration parts.

I understand many of you probably think I should sell, take a loss and find a better one to start with. I have been looking for a couple of years. There was one on Smokey mountain traders that started at $100,000 and eventually sold for $75,000. I almost bought that one and found a few issues that made me walk. I have owned 2 previous first generation Blazer 4 X 4. They only made 3300 2 wheel drive Blazers in 1972 so they are rare and finding one in better shape with factory AC is next to impossible. A month or two ago southern motors had a beautiful one for $50,000 and it sold in 1 day?

I am sick to my stomach and appreciate trying to save me from myself. I am single with no kids. I don't drink, gamble, or do drugs. Car shows and cruising with an open air vehicle is my last enjoyable thing I have (I have even sold most of my firearms as it hurts my shoulders to shoot).

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I am going to try to get all the glued on carpet out over the next week (I need help as I am physically unable) to see how bad it really is. In the least in needs rockers, doors, and the bottom of one of the quarters. I will then see what Jay and or my fabricator suggests?

I'll give you another call tomorrow. I was in the shop all day but got distracted and never got a chance to call.

Back
Top Bottom