• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking down the barrel

We were vacationing in a cabin in W. MA and the son of the owner for a lark pointed the barrel of a 12 ga at me. I was about 13 yo at the time. I recall that he was told never to show his face in the neighboring city. He was known trouble. I don't recall much more about the incident.

The scarier incident was a young couple showing up at my first gun club. He was a restaurant owner who carried but had never shot the guns. I let him shoot as my guest and he had a jam (it was a small pocket semi-auto), so he turns to me . . . pointing the gun at me . . . asking for help. He was clueless and thus dangerous.

Not nearly as dangerous as preceding post

me, about 8-10 yrs old
went with dad & older brother to clean out my fathers brothers house, as he had recently passed
brother found pistol in top bureau drawer ( don’t think we were in house 5 min)
points at my head, point blank range, pulls trigger..........BOOM, gun goes off
starter pistol........I hadn’t a clue as to what happened

i wasn’t injured, that I remember, stinging, etc, but not hurt

what I do remember is my dad kicking my brothers ass
win for me, as my brother lived life as an Ahole, until his death 💀

You know how to get em, Bugs. :)

Worst I've experienced is my son sweeping me at teh range. He's VERY careful most times, but all kids can get excited and forget. Second time I came down HARD on him. Not "Dennis' dad" hard but hard. He doesn't handle that well. (He was 8 or 9 at the time) and had a hard time recovering. I felt awful for that. But he had to learn and going over hte rules and then a stern discussion after the first time didn't work, stronger measures were necessary.

He's not upset that I yell or come down on him. He feels like a failure. Damn, dude. You screwed up. This is part of the consequence. Apologize and move on. What's funny is other things that people say or do - roll off his back like they were invisible and silent. So strange.

This robbery happened to my grandfather, Louis Rudisch, in the 1930's , he had a precious metals jewelry casting business in lower Manhattan, it was
infamous because a policeman responding was murdered.

I was 18 years old, working as a desk clerk in a crappy hotel near Pimlico race track in Baltimore. Worked in factory Monday through Friday, worked at the hotel from 8AM until Midnight Saturday and Sunday. 72 hour weeks - I needed to earn money.

Lobby doors were locked, we had a bullet proof window to do transactions under. I made a stupid mistake, I let a woman into the lobby to buy cigarettes. If I were smarter, I would have taken her money and bought them for her. Young and dumb. She held the door, two guys came in screaming and waving guns.

I hit the floor and hoped they wouldn't shoot me. Lots of contradictory directives - "don't move"; "get up and open the register" - all screamed while they were pointing guns at me.

I was absolutely helpless.

They got the money, they left. I tripped the alarm and the cops showed up. Called the night manager who was shocked to find the cash I'd put in the drop - we emptied the drawer regularly just in case.

A week or two later a couple of agents from the FBI showed up at my house. Rang the doorbell, which was the first tip they were strangers - nobody rang doorbells in that neighborhood - and the dogs had already told me someone was there. I was back in my room getting high when the doorbell rang. Opened the door, stoned - and they showed me their badges and told me they were looking for me. I about had a heart attack or messed my pants or both.

Went through mug shots with them and identified the two men. Turned out they were seriously wanted. They'd been running the interstate, hopping off and robbing places. Had shot a couple of people.

It was a life changing experience. The worst part of it was the helplessness. Knowing I could die and that there wasn't anything I could do about it.

Yes!
I work in the jewelry business.
Perp came in and bought many things with cash, I left to get lunch and when I came back he was with the owner and I thought he was just getting more.
I went past him and into my shop in the back and he was suddenly there with the what I assume was a 44mag about a foot from my face.
at that point you do what you are told.
It sucked big time!!!!!
Are you telling me son that it ain't no fun staring straight down a 44

My cousin, brother and I were coming out of the north of Ireland after a day watching an open road car rally. So you can imagine my cousin had the car on only 3 wheel at all times....in other words we were hauling a$$. Keep in mind you can cross the border without even knowing and back in those days the roads were small and windy. We rounded a corner and blew by an RUC check point at 60mph or so. About 100 yards down the road was the British Army check point. My cousin did a two footed break stand and we came to a screeching halt. Within seconds we were sorounded by really mad people with all manner of guns and all pointed at us. One lad motioned for my cousin to lower the window by waving the barrel of his Bren Gun up and down! A few words were exchange and we found out the hard way that the IRA had blown up an RUC barracks earlier in the day and here we were....3 lads from south of the border heading south in a hurry. Many more heated words were exchange and some official lad appeared and read my cousin the riot act....told us to get the f$&k out of Ulster and don't come back! As we were driving away, wiping sweat and changing our underwear I then only noticed 3 more solders in the tree all cammoed out still trailing us as we drove off.

I had a few more run ins like that....but that one was the worst. I for one am glad the worst of the troubles in Norhern Ireland are behind us.

You know how to get em, Bugs. :)

Worst I've experienced is my son sweeping me at teh range. He's VERY careful most times, but all kids can get excited and forget. Second time I came down HARD on him. Not "Dennis' dad" hard but hard. He doesn't handle that well. (He was 8 or 9 at the time) and had a hard time recovering. I felt awful for that. But he had to learn and going over hte rules and then a stern discussion after the first time didn't work, stronger measures were necessary.

He's not upset that I yell or come down on him. He feels like a failure. Damn, dude. You screwed up. This is part of the consequence. Apologize and move on. What's funny is other things that people say or do - roll off his back like they were invisible and silent. So strange.
Took my friend and his 15 year old son to the range years ago. My buddies kid turned around with a loaded handgun to ask a question and pointed it right at me. It was a mistake. My buddy pushed the gun back downrange and told him to put it down. He then told him to sit in the truck and wait for us. We shot for an hour while he sat in the truck. My buddy said it was the only way he'd learn because we went over all the rules before we went hot. I felt bad for the kid but......my buddy says he never did it again after that.

Back
Top Bottom