• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking down the barrel

Long time ago, I worked in a business and found myself unexpectedly facing a sweaty long hair dude , and he said sit down here, I will blow your f inngg head off!!! . I noticed the large caliber of the barrel first and silently did what he asked ( I was unarmed).
my first thought was “ I hate this job “.
He said he was going to blow my brains out.
I stayed silent.
A firefight started with my employer.
I was dumbfounded when no one was hit!!
I will always do my best to make sure I put “ that “ guy down first.
It has affected my life. As I am sure many of you know.
That is why it is so important that we educate the unaffected!

Nothing to do at that point.
I found myself calm and.... nothing I could do.
Calm and focused. I'm not sure if I could ever do it again but I talked the guy down after what seemed like forever. Use what you have in the situation. That's all I had

I think what most people fail to train on, and in no way am I implying either of you failed in doing, is situational awareness. There are so many situations where if a victim was just halfway paying attention, they would've seen it coming.

Look around and you see so many people with their heads down, looking at their phones etc. I've seen people walk right into poles 🤣 They just scream "F@ck me up!"

Of course there are situations where shit just goes bad too, and there's little you can do to avoid it.

That happened to me when I worked at a gas station at 16 years old. Pumped the gas and had a gun in my face when I went to the window to collect the money. Gave him everything that was in my pocket and he drove away. He was caught robbing another station a couple days later.

Ok... it was some time ago.
I am lucky.
I have been familiar with firearms since around age 8.
bolt 22, then, well things that are not discussed.

I think what most people fail to train on, and in no way am I implying either of you failed in doing, is situational awareness. There are so many situations where if a victim was just halfway paying attention, they would've seen it coming.

Look around and you see so many people with their heads down, looking at their phones etc. I've seen people walk right into poles 🤣 They just scream "F@ck me up!"

Of course there are situations where shit just goes bad too, and there's little you can do to avoid it.
Yes!
I work in the jewelry business.
Perp came in and bought many things with cash, I left to get lunch and when I came back he was with the owner and I thought he was just getting more.
I went past him and into my shop in the back and he was suddenly there with the what I assume was a 44mag about a foot from my face.
at that point you do what you are told.
It sucked big time!!!!!

Care to share a story?
Not much to it. "Connected" (inbred) people in the middle of nowhere Pa, no cell service, 45 min state police response time, gunmen on passenger and driver side, shitbox camaro on my side, truck in front and behind. Camaro had an ak. A formal request to not interfere with their (former) girlfriends. Sorry, I'm not much for story telling

Not much to it. "Connected" (inbred) people in the middle of nowhere Pa, no cell service, 45 min state police response time, gunmen on passenger and driver side, shitbox camaro on my side, truck in front and behind. Camaro had an ak. A formal request to not interfere with their (former) girlfriends. Sorry, I'm not much for story telling
You know

Good enough. Thanks

You are correct

Yes!
I work in the jewelry business.
Perp came in and bought many things with cash, I left to get lunch and when I came back he was with the owner and I thought he was just getting more.
I went past him and into my shop in the back and he was suddenly there with the what I assume was a 44mag about a foot from my face.
at that point you do what you are told.
It sucked big time!!!!!
The winner is the one that comes out alive. You did great

Never seen the end of a barrel, but I was jumped in the safety of my dorm room by two guys, I could have easily been killed.

Only street justice prevailed by a sheer bit of luck. I feel ya OP, that event changed part of me, and while I was always a bit of a gun guy, I'd be a straight up fudd if it weren't for this incident.

That happened to me when I worked at a gas station at 16 years old. Pumped the gas and had a gun in my face when I went to the window to collect the money. Gave him everything that was in my pocket and he drove away. He was caught robbing another station a couple days later.
You survived. And complied. No need to be a hero in a situation you can make go away. Good job

A friend and I were staring at at least a dozen once. They all beat feet when we weren't the ones they thought we were.
Man I have stories lol!!!
I once was flown off island from St Croix cuz I had to provide expert witness on the xxxxx.

It's strange how memories come back to you.
As I'm sitting here 37 years later, it was 1984. I can describe the car, the guy, what he was wearing, exactly what he said to me and some of the numbers on the license plate. And what I later learned was a Smith and Wesson .357 revolver.
About 3 hours after it happened I was called to the police station to identify a guy they picked up fitting the description. I can remember he looked very similar and was wearing the same color jacket. The cops thought I was just too nervous to identify him when I said it wasn't the guy. They kept assuring me and my dad that it had to be him. Anyway, they let him go because I wouldn't say it was him. After they caught the real guy, the detective told me he couldn't believe the first guy wasn't the one they were looking for.

My father was a victim of facing down the barrel when he owned his jewelry business. My heart ached for him when I had to hear what happened, but I’m glad he made it out alive. As a son, you never want to hear about how the person who you’ve always admired and looked up to has had their dignity violated by some lowly scumbag.

I was furious after that. I wanted to quit my job and work with him so that it would never happen again. I’m so glad he decided to close and retire with this scamdemic.

I can’t imagine his feelings that he might still have from any sort of post traumatic stress. But I know he’ll never tell me.

glad for anyone who’s been able to live after having to experience that.

Back
Top Bottom