Lon Horiuchi and HSPrecision.

One of the arfcommers says he called HS and was told Lon is a friend of the owner's.

And WTF is an NRA emblem doing on that page?

Everybody on it, along with Remington and Savage (who have deals with HS to make stocks for their rifles) are getting an angry letter from me right now.

Last edited:
One of the arfcommers says he called HS and was told Lon is a friend of the owner's.

And WTF is an NRA emblem doing on that page?

Everybody on it, along with Remington and Savage (who have deals with HS to make stocks for their rifles) are getting an angry letter from me right now.

He has the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, The Professional Shooting Sports Foundation,
Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, SCI, Hunt Fair Chase, and the NRA logos on the page
as well. I wonder if they even know who this scumbag is, or if they even care? Most of
the logos are for the hunting fraternity and most of them don't give a crap about anything
other than their hunting rifles.

eh, someone want to explain what the deal with this is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

Read it and prepare to vomit.

It's basically one of the biggest LE f**kups in US History, and Horiuchi played a key role in it. He took a blind shot through a door and killed Weaver's wife, who was just holding a baby, among other things.

Using a testimonial from Horiuchi to sell rifle stocks would be like using Osama Bin Laden to pen a testimonial for the performance of semtex explosives. It's disgusting.

-Mike

Horiuchi, the sniper, was indicted for manslaughter in 1997 by the Boundary County, Idaho prosecutor just prior to the statute of limitations for the crime of manslaughter, but the trial was removed to federal court and was quickly dismissed.

No big surprise. [rolleyes]

Who wants to start a pool for how long this "endorsement" lasts? I've read about 4 blogs today calling for boycotts, nasty letters, phone calls etc.

Talk about Felony Stupid.....

David Codrea at War on Guns actually called H-S Precision, and they confirmed that this is legit.

I posted contact information in this post on my blog in case anyone wants to write a letter or send a fax...

How completely distasteful.

H-S does more business with the gov.org than civvies, I don't think that this will hurt them too much. Lotsof gun owners think the Weavers (and Davidians) got what they deserved.

"Neighbors trying to evade $200 tax stamp, and acting anti-social? Refusing to show up in court on bogus charges amounting to entrapment? Needing to be shown who's boss? Need to make an example of them? Well, here at HS Precision, we build high end "wimmen and kids" rifles, perfect for putting these scofflaws in their place, from a safe distance of course. At this time we are not building weapons suitable for close quarters engagement with adolescent children or family pets, but watch for exciting new products. Helping to preserve law and order, we're H-S Precision --- FBI approved!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

Using a testimonial from Horiuchi to sell rifle stocks would be like using Osama Bin Laden to pen a testimonial for the performance of semtex explosives. It's disgusting.

Actually, you have it wrong. Unless in your mind the FBI is a terrorist organization, which makes you... well... you get it.

Not sure how that makes sense, since this guy was a legally employed FBI agent who was doing their job against suspected anti-gov and terrorist individuals. Now, if you guys feel that you are on the side of the Ruby Ridge, Waco, and Timothy McVeigh people, then yeah, be upset. I on the other hand am a law abiding citizen, and so I have nothing against this guy or HS precision for that fact. I like our government agencies who are out to destroy terrorist groups. Didn't realize that to you, FBI was Osama. That seems very un-american to me.

I'll continue to keep buying their product, because seemingly they arm our law enforcement. The law enforcement that fights terrorism.

Mistakes were made, surely, and it is a very sad thing. Very. But you have to look at the overall goal in mind. I'm not going to stop supporting the FBI, this country, or an American manufacturer because of a terrible mistake. These things happen whenever conflicts arise. There are always casualties in any fight, which is extremely unfortunate. But do we just give up after that, throw in towel. Arrest our soldiers/police, let the other side win? That sounds like liberal talk to me. No, you suck it up, learn from mistakes, and try to do better next time. We don't hang our people out to dry. This guy was doing his job, the one he was trained to do, and a tragedy occurred. But you weren't there, you have no idea of the situation, the stress, or other factors involved. I'm sure he didn't want that outcome either, and he has to live with it. But he was found not guilty, and I believe in the US system, and I support that ruling.

Actually, you have it wrong. Unless in your mind the FBI is a terrorist organization, which makes you... well... you get it.

Did I call them terrorists? No. Their actions on that day, especially at ruby ridge, were certainly equally despicable as a terrorist though, especially on the part of Horiuchi, as an individual.

I don't think anyone here would have said a word if it was anyone else from the FBI that wrote it. There are likely many who serve with honor and distinction- Horiuchi wasn't one of them.

Not sure how that makes sense, since this guy was a legally employed FBI agent who was doing their job against suspected anti-gov and terrorist individuals.

Yeah, because being employed by the (insert some fed alphabet agency here) allows you to abdicate all responsibility and shoot at people indiscriminately. [rolleyes]

Nice try, but Weaver was acquitted of all charges except for missing a court appearance. The government was wrong and this was proven in a court of law. How often does that happen? When it does, people should pay attention.

Further, is the crime he was accused of at the time- cutting a couple inches off a shotgun barrel, (Let's not forget, after being coerced by an ATF mole into doing so) does that warrant a violent response from authorities? Is it really worth killing people over a victimless crime? [thinking]

Now, if you guys feel that you are on the side of the Ruby Ridge, Waco, and Timothy McVeigh people, then yeah, be upset.

Yeah, because all those events are equivalent. [rolleyes] Thanks for the label. [thinking]

I on the other hand am a law abiding citizen, and so I have nothing against this guy or HS precision for that fact. I like our government agencies who are out to destroy terrorist groups. Didn't realize that to you, FBI was Osama. That seems very un-american to me.

Lon Horiuchi killed a guy's wife, that wasn't even armed, by taking a blind shot through a door. How clearer do we need to make that for you? Apparently not enough.

I appreciate the good things law enforcement does-thousands of men and women risk their lives to try to make society safer- but in the same token
I also think they need to be called out on the carpet when they seriously F**k things up, like what happened at Ruby Ridge. If you think that was a "counter terrorist" operation, then you have a really messed up worldview.

I'm done with this thread before I say something I'll regret.

-Mike

Mistakes were made, surely, and it is a very sad thing. Very. But you have to look at the overall goal in mind. I'm not going to stop supporting the FBI, this country, or an American manufacturer because of a terrible mistake. These things happen whenever conflicts arise. There are always casualties in any fight, which is extremely unfortunate. But do we just give up after that, throw in towel. Arrest our soldiers/police, let the other side win? That sounds like liberal talk to me. No, you suck it up, learn from mistakes, and try to do better next time. We don't hang our people out to dry. This guy was doing his job, the one he was trained to do, and a tragedy occurred. But you weren't there, you have no idea of the situation, the stress, or other factors involved. I'm sure he didn't want that outcome either, and he has to live with it. But he was found not guilty, and I believe in the US system, and I support that ruling.
If this is your point of view, I have nothing further to say to you. Ever.

I'm sure you will welcome your overlords with open arms.

You've got to be kidding here. The story is pretty much a mandated assassination attempt and the 'just following orders' line is just that crap, it doesnt hold up in any court of law.

I dont think that seeing an abuse of power and commenting on it, suddenly puts us all in the light of hardcore extremists. We are supposed to comment on acts like this by the government its why we are not sheep but men.

You are correct, I wasnt there, I didnt pull the trigger and I dont know the air temperature that day; but I do know as a shooter that taking a blind shot that results in the death of another means that I screwed up and am going to see some deserved jail time. Its homicide by other names.

Its not just sad to see you adopt the mindset of just being a good citizen keeping his head down and absolving wrongs done by your state or government, its shameful.

Here's my take:

olds_water-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom