live in NH FID card

In MA an LTC-B or A is required for possession of high capacity rifle magazines.

Additionally the magazines need to be pre-ban (i.e. manufactured prior to September 14th 1994). PMags are definitely not pre-ban.

Another problem is that at least under some legal interpretations, you can't even legally possess an AR-15 (or clone) in MA wtih an FID, you need an LTC A/B.

-Mike

As a non-resident, you can not get a MA FID card. The only thing you can get is a non-resident LTC, and they only issue non-resident LTC-A. But even with a non-resident LTC-A, you can not bring in post-ban large capacity magazines.

You can possess post-ban non-large capacity magazines (10 rounds or less, built after Sept 13, 1994) and pre-ban magazines (any capacity, built before Sept 14, 1994), but post-ban, large capacity magazines (more than 10 rounds, built after Sept. 13, 1994) are a felony.

Last edited:
thanks for the info my AR m4 has all 3 whar can i find 10 round mags
my 24" ss bul barel dos not
You can not bring any AR with a bayo lug, flash hider or collapsible stock in to MA unless it was built before the original Clinton Assault Weapon Ban. As for ten round mags, you can buy them online.

You can not bring any AR with a bayo lug, flash hider or collapsible stock in to MA unless it was built before the original Clinton Assault Weapon Ban. As for ten round mags, you can buy them online.

Good point. The AR itself must be either pre-ban or not having the evil features described above.

What about traveling to and from a match?
Are you asking about the requirement for an LTC or about pre-ban/post-ban?

You can't have post-ban guns in a pre-ban configuration, or post-ban large capacity magazines. That doesn't change if you are going to and from a match. There is no free pass on that.

Doesn't matter, it cannot enter the state. It's an Assualt Weapons BAN, not an Assault Weapons MAYBE ;-)

A follow up Q.

What if I am heading to Camp Perry with my RR A4 and get pulled over in MA on an unrelated stop?

(PS: MA sucks... I guess I can't compete in an EIC match at Redding)

A follow up Q.

What if I am heading to Camp Perry with my RR A4 and get pulled over in MA on an unrelated stop?

(PS: MA sucks... I guess I can't compete in an EIC match at Redding)

1) Don't get stopped [wink]. Drive carefully. Make sure your guns, ammunition, etc., are not visible in case you are stopped.

2) Make sure you are traveling in accordance with FOPA. The guns must be unloaded. The guns and ammunition must not be readily accessible to the driver -- either locked in the trunk or in a locked case. You must be able to legally possess the items at the start of your journey and at the end. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act

If you are traveling in accordance with FOPA, you should be able to win any prosecution in court, in the event it gets that far. But the best bet is just to drive carefully and not get stopped in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom