Linsky's Amendment is back in play - Call your rep NOW!

Called Senator Ross's office. The assistant sounded tired but friendly, she said that she had received a number of calls about stripping the "Linsky Language" out of the Budget Bill. She said that she would make sure my message got to the Senator.
I am not going to bother call my Rep Denise Garlick, she is a total anti...

Called Senator Ross's office. The assistant sounded tired but friendly, she said that she had received a number of calls about stripping the "Linsky Language" out of the Budget Bill. She said that she would make sure my message got to the Senator.
I am not going to bother call my Rep Denise Garlick, she is a total anti...

That's why you should call her. Use language that make her feel like she's being lazy and stupid (but let her come to that conclusion, don't actually say it out loud)

Maybe, just maybe, if enough people make her feel lazy and stupid about stuff like this she'll investigate whey she thinks such stupid and lazy stuff.

Got through to 3 of the 6 folks and all knew why I was calling. Hopefully that means they've received a lot of calls. It also sounds like the Senate is firm on their wording.

Last edited:
My latest email screed, sent to the six chairs and co-chairs of the committees, my rep and senator, and the senate president and speaker of the house:
I'm not inciting debate, here, with the "no moar compromise!" crowd so please withhold comment on my last paragraph below. This is a BOHICA situation, at least Senator Tarr wants to buy us a drink first.

[FONT=&amp]Bill H.3979 and the apparent conflict between the House and the Senate
[/FONT]

I'm writing in support of the SENATE version of the budget bill currently making its way back and forth between the two branches.

Representative Linskeys' "bump stock" language is overly broad (especially with regard to the creation, from whole cloth, of an entirely new regulatory domain for the Secretary of the EOPS) and is ripe for Constitutional challenge.
Ignoring well-established precepts of 'grandfathering' opens this amendment to Constitutional challenge (4th Amendment and the "takings clause") and the new powers of the EOPS Secretary would create the need of an "approved parts roster" and an "approved maintenance procedures roster."

Please, let this shuttlecock of a bill land with the Senate and put this all behind us. As Legislators and Representatives, you are guardians of the Public Safety and the Public Treasury: Senator Tarrs language will address the former while limiting (or eliminating) expensive challenges in court.

When I called Rep. Sanchez's office, she didn't even let me finish, she knew already that I was calling to oppose the Linsky language, and she's putting my name and town in the spreadsheet in the "against Linsky" column.

It took a total of two minutes. Call!

Representative Jeffrey Sánchez, [email protected] Chair House Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 243 – phone: 617-722-2990

When I called Rep. Sanchez's office, she didn't even let me finish, she knew already that I was calling to oppose the Linsky language, and she's putting my name and town in the spreadsheet in the "against Linsky" column.

Representative Jeffrey Sánchez, [email protected] Chair House Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 243 – phone: 617-722-2990

Ditto!

Tritto. Live call answer, "I know exactly why you are calling... Everyone is calling against the Linskey Language."
"Please add my voice to the choir. <first and last name and city>"
Took all of 15 seconds.

Tritto. Live call answer, "I know exactly why you are calling... Everyone is calling against the Linskey Language."
"Please add my voice to the choir. <first and last name and city>"
Took all of 15 seconds.

I said I'd prefer we not have a ban on bump stock-like devices at all given the already strict licensing in MA but that Tarr's version was still better than Linsky's. She said I understand, "I'll let him know."

A quick search shows that All above are listed as A+, except for Spilka who is F, and Sal, who is not rated....
By my tally it's likely 3-3, but it could easily go 5-1 (or even 6-0) for the Linsky crap. Spilka is rated F (although she and Sanchez aren't seeing eye-to-eye on the budgeting process).

This page at GOAL says Sanchez is not rated, and he's written glowingly of the Linsky language in "his budget". I would consider him an "F".

DiDomenico is not rated either, but he's trumpeted his vote for the Senate language with no apparent reservations regarding the Linsky language. He's at best an unknown, and I think he might go along with the Linsky language 'cuz gunz.

Kullik and Smola are both GOAL rated +A, but your guess is as good as mine regarding their support given that they both voted for the Linsky-amended budget the 1st time around, and did not object the 2nd time.

deMacedo is also +A rated, but I could not find any report of him specifically speaking against the Linsky language. He may be against it, or not, I just couldn't find anything.

We shall see what we see.

Last edited:
By my tally it's likely 3-3, but it could easily go 5-1 (or even 6-0) for the Linsky crap. Spilka is rated F (although she and Sanchez aren't seeing eye-to-eye on the budgeting process).

This page at GOAL says Sanchez is not rated, and he's written glowingly of the Linsky language in "his budget". I would consider him an "F".

DiDomenico is not rated either, but he's trumpeted his vote for the Senate language with no apparent reservations regarding the Linsky language. He's at best an unknown, and I think he might go along with the Linsky language 'cuz gunz.

Kullik and Smola are both GOAL rated +A, but your guess is as good as mine regarding their support given that they both voted for the Linsky-amended budget the 1st time around, and did not object the 2nd time.

deMacedo is also +A rated, but I could not find any report of him specifically speaking against the Linsky language. He may be against it, or not, I just couldn't find anything.

We shall see what we see.
Don't believe the rating Kate Campanale is A and she voted for Linsky's language

When I called her office and said thanks for supporting Linsky's Gun band. I was told that she always believed that gun do not belong on our streets

Called, we'll see.
I'm glad that Charlie has said he'll sign any anti 2A bill that makes it to his desk.
When do we start the fundraisers for his re-election ?

That's very optimistic and down right shocking for mAssachusetts, baker already said he will sign anything that resembles a ban.
I can see the senate version having some pride of work behind it by having clear and concise language, (for the most part). I cannot figure out why the house is pushing so hard for the the vague and possibly outright wrong wording. They just buthurt senate didn't just go with it?

Someone has a vested interest in that vague language and it was most certainly written that way on purpose.

My money is on ms. AG....she wants the power to be able to "interpret" it as she sees fit. [puke]

Called Pacheco's office - they were obviously getting a lot of calls so they shepherded me off the phone real quick
Left a message on O'Connell's phone saying I was very unhappy about her voting for the ban - she called me back very quickly and we spoke for a while
She stated that we should contact the committee members - I let her know that I would but expected her to also speak to them directly which would be much more effective
She also gave the line that one would need "intent" in order to be convicted - I replied that in Mass intent would be implied and that adding a target trigger would be seen as intent so how does that work for her daughters that are on the rifle team (they would have target triggers...)

I don't think she is really interested in pushing for or against this given the political climate but I would hope she would at least advocate for the Senate version

Always VM message when I call. I sent emails also but I have never had a emailed returned from my reps. Only get auto emails from them during election time.

I'm sure my rep. Calter (kingston) will vote for anything the dems want.

Not sure how DeMacedo will go.

Last edited:
Truer words have never been printed.
af1dd40a7203046a171dd52bf5ae7219.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Made all the calls, took all of 15 minutes. Got 3 humans who knew exactly why I was calling, and 3 voicemails. Make the call, they have to listen...

Back
Top Bottom