Limit of Firearm ownership in MA

I have done a lot of research on this. I find no laws regarding how many long guns can be purchased and owned in MA.

I bought three rifles recently, and had no problems with the transfers, but was wondering if I should be concerned about how many rifles I now own.

I collect the old Military stuff, but recently bought two long range rifles, one for an investment.

I have quite a few rifles now, all properly housed in safes.
Anyway, ping me with any answers.

Thanks

Limtied only by what you can afford, having the proper license. and your ability to meet the safe storage law. You are limited to selling no more than 4 firearms, rifles or shotguns per calendar year.

Slight clarification

You are limited for four face to face sales per calendar year. You can sell as many as you want through an FFL.

The only other thing to watch out for is multiple purchases with the feds. Somebody else can chime in with the exact numbers but FFL's are required to tell the feds of multiple purchases within a certain time period.

The only other thing to watch out for is multiple purchases with the feds. Somebody else can chime in with the exact numbers but FFL's are required to tell the feds of multiple purchases within a certain time period.

I believe that only applies to purchases of more than one handgun within a 5-day period. I've purchased two handguns at the same time on a number of occasions and the dealers had mentioned the notification requirement, but nobody has ever checked up on it (to my knowledge, anyway).

Limit of Firearm ownership

Thanks to all who replied. So the FED issue is only with handguns. I have no handguns, only rifles.

Thanks again.

Laurence

A few years back, I bought 6 new S&W 22A for the club's training department and Carl mentioned the requirement to notify the BATF. Nothing ever came of it.

As for how much you can own...

I would think the storage law requirements would be the ultimate limiting factor, but then if you can afford to fill such a space, affording more space should not be an issue.

I have done a lot of research on this. I find no laws regarding how many long guns can be purchased and owned in MA.

I bought three rifles recently, and had no problems with the transfers, but was wondering if I should be concerned about how many rifles I now own.

I collect the old Military stuff, but recently bought two long range rifles, one for an investment.

I have quite a few rifles now, all properly housed in safes.
Anyway, ping me with any answers.

Thanks

There isn't really any limit.

However, If you buy a lot of handguns at once, especially
cheap ones, expect a visit from BATFE, or at least a phone call to
your dealer; buying more than 1 in a (10 day?) period from the same
FFL triggers an MHP form, which gets sent directly to the
ATF. They sometimes audit these forms to (try to) make sure
someone is not strawing a bunch of guns out to the black market.

That however, is a BATFE thing (federal) and not a state issue
at all... and regardless of the MHP form, buying multiple handguns
at once (for your own use, obviously) is not illegal.

-Mike

However, If you buy a lot of handguns at once, especially
cheap ones, expect a visit from BATFE, or at least a phone call to
your dealer; buying more than 1 in a (10 day?) period from the same
FFL triggers an MHP form, which gets sent directly to the
ATF. They sometimes audit these forms to (try to) make sure
someone is not strawing a bunch of guns out to the black market.

FYI, a copy of this form (Form 3310.4) also goes to your local Chief of Police.

FYI, a copy of this form (Form 3310.4) also goes to your local Chief of Police.

My Chief must love me... With the forms for moving, the multi gun purchases, the renewals of the C&R...

I'm suprised that I haven't gotten a knock on my door from Chief Gould saying, "How the hell are ya you dumb bastard! Quit filling up my mailbox with all these damn forms. And while I'm here....grab me a beer and show me all this damn stuff that's causing me a paperwork nightmare....you want to take me to the range?"

Thanks to all who replied. So the FED issue is only with handguns. I have no handguns, only rifles.

Thanks again.

Laurence

But the post's title is about "Firearm ownership". In MA, aren't firearms handguns only?

[thinking]

Back
Top Bottom