• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Leominster Kook stabs flight attendant in the neck

How about the dipsh*t in the bruins fleece next to the person filming? An airplane is not the place to put on your headphones and try to tune out the lunatic threatening to kill everyone. Jesus, at least take your air pods out, put away your laptop, and get your seat tray back up. This guy could just walk by and jab a pen in his neck and he trapped himself in his seat.

Meh hes just hoping the "disturbance" goes away because 80% of these probably result in the braying retard guy not getting past the "talk' part.

I only witnessed one of these before, I was on a southwest flight where thankfully the plane didnt take off, and some older guy started talking ragtime (it sounded like he was just afraid od flying) he wouldn't buckle his seat belt. they taxied that shit right around and took him off the plane.

That will never happen. Too much liability.
Why more liability than a bar, concert venue or sporting event? I understand how there would be additional liability and the cost of that would be passed on to the consumer.

It just seems ironic that there is such a high level of security before you get on the plane. But once you are on the plane there is no security what so ever, except if you are the lucky one in one hundred flights to have an air marshal on board.

Remind me to put some zip ties in my carry on bag.

Improvised weapons will get used when others are unavailable.

I can't tell you the number of times I have had license plates in my carry on, as recently as a month ago when I flew up to NH to register the Vette, or even better motorcycle plates that could easily have a sharp edge put on one or more edges and the dopes at TSA never would have known. I have never been stopped for license plates, although a couple of bananas got TSA's panties in a bunch at RSW, and some tools ( I had to go check them, too heavy could have been used as weapons according to TSA at Boston, they were dicks that day) and the last flight north (to get the aforementioned license plates) I went thru the full monty pat down because the metal in my arm and leg set the alarms off.... and when they did the explosive residue test let's just say they got the shock of their life... they were not expecting 75% deflection on their meter.... I know why it got set off, and I told them in one word, and they were dumbfounded what to do next... so they looked at my carry on again, questioning why I had so little in it... a phone, wallet, car charger, title for the car, keys for the NH house, and 2 mylar bags to keep the dogs frozen duck feet treats I was picking up in Manchester while I was there back to FL still frozen. I told them I was on a return flight later in the day and even showed them my return ticket.

Security Theater... I tested hot for explosives and they let me on the effn plane.

The two air marshals that I've known are 1) a local special forces vet and USPSA master and 2) Mike Seeklander, former marine, long time instructor at FLETC, USPSA Grand Master.
I shot that pistol qual course a few years ago, it was harder than I thought it would be. Harder than the other agency quals if I remember correctly.

then it is a wonder he did not actually opened a door there and killed the whole flight.
aggressive psychos can be very strong and difficult to subdue, if it was just passengers trying to deal with him. what a mess...
It is impossible to open a cabin door inflight. Just like you can’t open a car door traveling down the road at 65.

then it is a wonder he did not actually opened a door there and killed the whole flight.
aggressive psychos can be very strong and difficult to subdue, if it was just passengers trying to deal with him. what a mess...
Physics prevents the door from opening on a pressurized airplane.

The doors are locked from the cockpit. But even if they weren’t locked, you aren’t going to open them mid flight. The aircraft cabin is pressurized to a significantly higher pressure than outside air at altitude — otherwise passengers and crew would all pass out from lack of oxygen. Because of that pressure differential, the door is pushed by air pressure hard against the doorframe.

Cabin doors are not locked from the cockpit.

That was different. 1) the rear stairs on 727 (which is no longer in service) and 2) he had the pilot descend to below 10,000 feet. At that point, the cabin could be depressurized without people losing consciousness.

Airliners typically cruise above 30,000'. You are not going to open the door at 30,000'.
I saw a B727 fly into PSM just the other day.

It has gotten to the point that airlines need to have security on every flight, it wouldn't add that much to the cost of a ticket.

Like bar bouncers, big guys with good hands on skills to take down idiots like this in a hurry.

It shouldn't be up to the passengers to deal with this crap on their own.
Except this sort of thing happens just slightly more than zero times.

D B Cooper is on line 3...................
That was different. 1) the rear stairs on 727 (which is no longer in service) and 2) he had the pilot descend to below 10,000 feet. At that point, the cabin could be depressurized without people losing consciousness.

Airliners typically cruise above 30,000'. You are not going to open the door at 30,000'.
And after ole DB, they not only "fixed" the feature which allowed the rear stairs to be lowered in flight, they named the fix after him!

1678237979413.png

I just googled it and it they (google) states that between 1% and 5% (I found 2 stats) of all flights have air marshalls now as it is not cost prohibited as it costs roughly $3,300 per flight for an air marshall.

Let's assume 2 flights per day for each AM. 5 days a week. That's 520 flights a year. $1.7M per year. I'm thinking hte guy probably makes $150-200K. The other 1.5M??? Your tax dollars at work. [rofl]

Easy - security isn't for security, it's for theater.

And that’s why people hate security so much..
It’s just a job you do that no one likes

But when I do it it’s real… or At least really annoying.. I hold the record for making people take their shoes off ..

For f*** sake the company will buy you composite shoes.

Also it’s not that hard to cheat a metal detector

Last edited:
Never did.
Not true. I work with a fellow whose son is an air marshal. He would tell me how the marshalls would deal with their handguns when they flew on international flights (they were not allowed to leave the airport with their handguns). After two years of flying daily, he changed jobs and now works strictly in NYC for the marshals.

Back
Top Bottom