Legal to buy a new barrel for my G29?

I am guessing you are doing some kind of security or police work right? Otherwise why the hell can't you carry 10mm?

lol, and I love the homer avatar. yes I work armed security and aparently there are insurance issues with 10mm rounds haha. that and speer themselves don't make a 10mm gold dot round, companies like DT and GA do but I don't think that'll fly. I'm gonna talk to him about it cuz my site supervisor said that even having a .40 barrel might not work. oh well if not I'll be in the market for a cheap used 9mm, I'm thinking G17 but I might want to shoot lead out of it.

lol, and I love the homer avatar. yes I work armed security and aparently there are insurance issues with 10mm rounds haha. that and speer themselves don't make a 10mm gold dot round, companies like DT and GA do but I don't think that'll fly. I'm gonna talk to him about it cuz my site supervisor said that even having a .40 barrel might not work. oh well if not I'll be in the market for a cheap used 9mm, I'm thinking G17 but I might want to shoot lead out of it.

In 10mm you can use Winchester Silvertip 175 gr... bout the best
"commercial" loading out there by a major manfuacturer. Hornady
also makes a few TAP JHP loads in 10mm, but don't know how well
they work.

If they'll only let you carry .40 S+W probably should pick up a G23/G22
or something that makes a little more sense than the G29.
I'm sure the conversion barrels work fine but I wouldn't trust my life
to one.

-Mike

Last edited:
this is true, but if it came down to trusting my life I'd carry the compact 10mm over a fullsize .40SW anyday. that and I can have G20 mags as backups.

this is true, but if it came down to trusting my life I'd carry the compact 10mm over a fullsize .40SW anyday. that and I can have G20 mags as backups.

I'm not questioning the reliability of the G29; I owned one and it
was a fine handgun. I only sold it because it beat the snot out of
my hand. [laugh] I just don't think using a conversion barrel
in a lifesaving device is a smart idea. Those things are fine for
farting around on the range but I just don't trust them in a device
intended to be used in a lifesaving application.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom