Legal Seminar on Getting UNrestricted LTCs

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Atty. Jesse Cohen www.attorneycohen.com and I are collaborating to set up seminars to help people by providing information to attendees on the most effective way to apply for a Massachusetts License to Carry (new or renewal), legal issues surrounding the LTC, carrying, etc.

We are looking for your input on what topics Atty. Cohen should talk about.

This seminar will contain fresh content, where Atty. Cohen will share with the attendees his tactics in dealing with difficult licensing officers. Here are some topic ideas that we came up with to date. Please tell us what is important to YOU as the topics for discussion will be set based on your areas of interest.

- how to prepare your LTC application in ways that will maximize your chances of getting an unrestricted LTC,
- strategies that Atty. Cohen uses to get towns to change their restrictive policies,
- obtaining LTCs for clients who are rejected/restricted (when not due to legal impediments),
- Atty. Cohen’s strategies in winning the battles for his clients,
- < fill in your seminar ideas here and forward to me >

Atty. Cohen’s approach is different from the way NRA or GOAL approaches these problems. He has a unique approach that is very effective, and he is willing to share these strategies that produce positive results with the seminar attendees.

Please reply here with additional topics that would be of interest to you. Thanks from Jesse and myself!

Seminar

Some additional topics:

Summary of the situation in New England - which states are not a problem, which are discretionary, and what particular strategies should be applied when dealing with the discretionary states.

I would be curious to know if there are any patterns that Atty Cohen has observed such as:

* Do certain municipalities have town/city counsel or elected officials that may be pushing their Chief to be restrictive due to potential liability issues?

* Do the DA's issue guidance to PDs in their counties regarding issuance of LTCs?

Thanks. Looking forward to more info on the seminar.

Jesse, this is old info but when Harshbarger was Middlesex County DA he allegedly released a 9 page set of "guidelines" on issuance of LTCs to each PD in his jurisdiction. Allegedly this is when all sorts of strange restrictions started getting reported. Time-frame was early 1980s IIRC as I was working at BCPD part-time with someone who worked FT for Harshbarger.

I was never able to get my hands on those guidelines, but the stories about them were legion back then.

Back
Top Bottom