Leads on Russian SKS ?

I'm looking for a Russian SKS. Referbs are fine. Have you come across any in your gun shop travels. PM me if you wish. Thanks

I was in Collectors (Stoneham) and Four Seasons (Woburn) this week and pretty sure that I saw one. I think it was at Collectors but not 100% positive. A call there would probably answer the question. Collectors is open today and tomorrow. Four Seasons will be a zoo and I doubt you'd get any info by phone today.

You can check both websites as they have inventory listed that is fairly up to date.

Good luck.

I was looking too and got a lot of offers on here. I'm buying one tomorrow from a very nice NES member! Yugo M59/66 pictures coming soon.[smile]

- - - Updated - - -

North Shore Firearms has one on their site and I saw it last week when I bought my Mosin. Here is the exact listing from them:

[FONT=times new roman,times]Yugo M59/66 SKS: 7.63x39, still packed in cosmoline, like new cond...$449.95[/FONT]

I was looking too and got a lot of offers on here. I'm buying one tomorrow from a very nice NES member! Yugo M59/66 pictures coming soon.[smile]

- - - Updated - - -

North Shore Firearms has one on their site and I saw it last week when I bought my Mosin. Here is the exact listing from them:

er...umm he said russian...

Whoops, I read the post too quick. i've been jumpy on SKS threads [hmmm], sorry Bmass. I haven't seen any Russian SKS', did you check the classifieds?

I have one. In a non matching stock but its a Russian stock. It had the trigger worked on by the well known SKS trigger guru and it did make a difference. It has a peep rear sight I installed but I have the original which is easy to re install. One pin and its installed.

I do have it for sale on a auction site now and it wont end until the end of Aug. It has a "buy now" price so it could go at anytime.
I cant post how much I want since this is not the classified section of NES but I will say its over $300.

If interested PM me.

Rifle sold, winning bid, well lets say it was WAY more than I would have paid

Last edited:
Rifle sold, winning bid, well lets say it was WAY more than I would have paid

Interesting, if you don't mind, PM what it sold for. My Russian SKS hasn't left the safe in over 2 years. I debated selling it a while back but couldn't do it, I have never sold a gun, I just buy them.

Interesting, if you don't mind, PM what it sold for. My Russian SKS hasn't left the safe in over 2 years. I debated selling it a while back but couldn't do it, I have never sold a gun, I just buy them.
Its good your in a posistikn to never need to sell a gun. I unloaded my small collection to help with down payment on my house. I have had to sell to acquire. Deal with the wife is I need to generate other income to feed my hobby. So far been pretty good at it.

Parts rifle most likely, but I have bought rifles like my SVT for FAR less than the going price. Right place, right time.

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

yes, right place right time,,,,,,,,now that you mention it, I did land this Izzy with Tula stock for $300. Thanks again for the bayo BTW

Its good your in a posistikn to never need to sell a gun. I unloaded my small collection to help with down payment on my house. I have had to sell to acquire. Deal with the wife is I need to generate other income to feed my hobby. So far been pretty good at it.

Let me also say, that I haven't bought a gun in about 2 years as well. lol
Just haven't gone shooting in a while. Well, the past few weeks I have tried my hand at trap shooting. Looks a lot easier than it is.[rofl]

don't do it man, just search for the thread of regrets (something like, had to sell now would buy at any price)

I'm on to a few leads...thanks for the responses guys. Man did the price on the Russian SKS's (or all the countries and makes) go through the roof while I wasn't watching! In Hickok45 video he states he bought one 10-12 yrs ago for $89. ouch...that hurts.

I'm on to a few leads...thanks for the responses guys. Man did the price on the Russian SKS's (or all the countries and makes) go through the roof while I wasn't watching! In Hickok45 video he states he bought one 10-12 yrs ago for $89. ouch...that hurts.

Well, if it makes you feel better . . . I paid a little under $250 OOD at FS back ~11 years ago for my Russian SKS.

don't do it man, just search for the thread of regrets (something like, had to sell now would buy at any price)

Oh I hear ya. But neither the Yugo, Chinese or Russian have made it out in some time.
I don't need the cash right now, it would help, but I don't need it yet. That is why I am on the fence, plus, the price of them seems to keep going up. Think I paid $350 for the Russian one when I got it.. Bet there is a wayyy back thread here when I got it, lol.

Looks like a lot of people are asking top dollar on Gunbroker for them. But you will also notice 0 bids.
Curious what a realistic price would be.

There is a guy on another board that keeps track of russian GB sales monthly . they are averaging about $450 on a regular basis. some are higher some are lower based on collectability (year, make) and condition of course.

I saw a pristine all original just sell for $1100 with a buy it now. it happens.

A good price for a non refurb 51 - 54 Tula is around $450 these days but expect to see them for a few $ more. Refurb rifles will get between $325 - $425.

Other rifles such as Izhevsk manufacture and odd dates like Tula 1949 and 1955/56 rifles will get more because of rarity.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

There was one in the classifieds. I keep seeing it bumped regularly. Been debating buying it for some time.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

There was one in the classifieds. I keep seeing it bumped regularly. Been debating buying it for some time.

for a mis-matched refurb SKS he's asking about $175-150 too much.

If that thing sells for what he's asking, I have a closet full of AKs that I'll be selling for $1,000 each in the NES classifieds.

I am eying one now but I am sure it will go over $600 and since I have just spent a TON of cash on other toys.

Back
Top Bottom