LCR 9mm review

To those that carry revolvers ... how do you conceal a moonclip or speed loader?

Sounds like a bigger pain than a mag.

Recently I have been thinking of switching to a pocket revolver.

No need for those pesky moonies/strips here as we believe that most modern revolvers provide about twice the amount of ammo any civilian will ever need in a self defense situation .

It was pretty snappy, sold mine after a month. Trigger wasn't bad and it's a fine belly gun, but it's not much fun to shoot a lot.

Carrying one of those 'built like a tank/weighs almost as much as a tank' sp (super porky) 101's got real old real fast-could not get rid of our .357 and 9mm fast enough-bloated cast handguns for cc make no sense to us at all of course Boris the blade does have a point:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX0MB7pJtKs

Last edited:
No need for those pesky moonies/strips here as we believe that most modern revolvers provide about twice the amount of ammo any civilian will ever need in a self defense situation .
Have you seen those videos of cops putting 7-10 rounds into some drug addict and the person is still running at them?

The wife has the LCR in .38 gathering dust . Total POS that has a harsh snappy recoil. The wife enjoys the LCR's replacement which is the Sig 238 in .380 much easier for her to manage therefore enjoy.

I have an LCR9 and although I have my issues with it, there's no denying how easily this thing disappears in your pocket. That's the only reason why I keep it, because shooting it is like dynamite in your hands!

you could not be more wrong- sworn law enforcement officers are required to protect the civilian population both when on and off duty and are held to a much higher standard than the general (or civilian) population.
Wrong. Cops are under absolutely no obligation to protect anyone. There are multiple SCOTUS decisions that say this.

Wrong. Cops are under absolutely no obligation to protect anyone. There are multiple SCOTUS decisions that say this.

Being able to distinguish between tort and criminal actions/law is central to understanding the moral and legal obligation police officers willingly and enthusiastically assume when -sworn- into office. I completed academy training here in MA in '75 (?) and vividly remember the rather lengthy amount of time spent on the concept of 'discretion'; when it can be properly exercised and perhaps more importantly when discretion does not exist. The message that we were never really off duty was clear and as I recall we were required to be armed at all times when not working .

I have an LCR9 and although I have my issues with it, there's no denying how easily this thing disappears in your pocket. That's the only reason why I keep it, because shooting it is like dynamite in your hands!
How's it compare in size, weight, and shooting to the 642/638 etc.?
Thanks.

OK, math problem:

Scenario: You, walking in the woods. 4 coyotes begin attacking you. You take shots and miss all 4 with your 5 shot revolver. That leaves you 1 shot with 4 coyotes. Start picking up rocks?

Being able to distinguish between tort and criminal actions/law is central to understanding the moral and legal obligation police officers willingly and enthusiastically assume when -sworn- into office. I completed academy training here in MA in '75 (?) and vividly remember the rather lengthy amount of time spent on the concept of 'discretion'; when it can be properly exercised and perhaps more importantly when discretion does not exist. The message that we were never really off duty was clear and as I recall we were required to be armed at all times when not working .

I appreciate your training that you went through and the service that you provided to your community.

Since then things have changed. The courts have stated on numerous occasions that an officer is not required to risk his/her life for another.
Not to say that many do; but many will not.

An alarming number of politicians have turned their back on police and have defunded many departments.

The state of Massachusetts passed laws recently disbanding auxiliary police and severely restricting the sheriff's departments, DOC & college/university police authority.

Just about every police department within the commonwealth is severly short handed; requiring forced overtime.

Departments that unto have wait lists years" long; can't even get enough applicants.

I am glad I am retiring soon. Law Enforcement in this state is turning into a real mess.

OK, math problem:

Scenario: You, walking in the woods. 4 coyotes begin attacking you. You take shots and miss all 4 with your 5 shot revolver. That leaves you 1 shot with 4 coyotes. Start picking up rocks?

If you cannot hit one with four shots you're not going to get all four with 10 or 15 shots. If they did not run off after the first shot I would be surprised.

45 years ago? . . . .

If you cannot hit one with four shots you're not going to get all four with 10 or 15 shots. If they did not run off after the first shot I would be surprised.
4 fast moving dogs from different directions, 4 shots, 4 misses, 1 miss each. 🤷‍♂️ ?

OK, math problem:

1) Start going to the range more?
2) Stop making up fantastical scenarios to scare yourself from walking in the woods?
3) hire a dog walker

coyotes can smell vegetarians and have been taught by mother coyote that we don't taste good at all so they really don't bother us

4 fast moving dogs from different directions, 4 shots, 4 misses, 1 miss each. 🤷‍♂️ ?
This scenario is almost certainly NEVER ever going to happen. Got take a walk. Bring your dog. Bring your revolver. Chances are very very very slim that you ever even get sight of one coyote while out for your Sunday walk and if you do, its headed in the opposite direction.

coyotes can smell vegetarians and have been taught by mother coyote that we don't taste good at all so they really don't bother us
I believe it! I have customers who come to my counter, and you can just tell that they are vegetarians by the smell. One of the PETA bragging points is that vegetarians have more sex. Well, OK, but who wants to hold their breath that long? [smile]

Now back to our original post...

OK, math problem:

Carry three guns.

The training of civilians in the self defense use of firearms has been all wrong and as such it should be no surprise that the selection of handguns by civilians similarly is flawed however I support the 'right' of anyone to be incorrectly trained and armed.

The training of civilians in the self defense use of firearms has been all wrong and as such it should be no surprise that the selection of handguns by civilians similarly is flawed however I support the 'right' of anyone to be incorrectly trained and armed.
395711d3eb6e60039576b05fc250fc75.gif

Back
Top Bottom