LC9s slide difficult for her to rack...Better option for wife?

I am ashamed of NES.
No one has suggested a stronger/younger/prettier/bigger/smaller wife as an option. Nor has anyone suggested divorce, nor taking her gun away. No one asked if she is guilty. No one suggested a derringer, nor a shotgun/AR/pepper spray.

My disappointment is overwhelming. I am going to my safe place now and put some grip tape on something.

Just to clarify, I meant the LCR9 revolver.

1.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdP4Vy9OTcQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuE6ajPRkDI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIsy9gg1S58

Look up a company called arachnagrip.
I think talon grip bought them out recently.

I added that one little grip tape piece to my mom's shield that she couldn't rack.

And with it, she can with ease now

Light slides mean stronger springs. It's really just that. Long slides or heavy slides (usually go together) mean it's easier to rack (chambered in the same round). Longer slides also mean a better grip for racking. Also need to teach the push/pull rack technique.

The PK380 is a terrible gun, especially for an inexperience shooter, if you ask me.
I was at the range last week and there was a middle age woman shooting a PK380 in the stall next to me. She was having jams, failures to extract and light primer strikes in every single magazine.
She asked me to look at the weapon. I thought she might be limp wristing but I had the same problems.
That was the first time I had ever handled one and it felt nice in the hand and the slide was REALLY easy to rack.
However the rest of the gun is crap and controls are dumb:
-a trigger guard mag release
-a slide safety that is not a decocker and that you have to pull the trigger to decock.
-no slide stop, which is not great for clearing malfunctions.

A carry gun for a less experience shooter should be idiot proof and logically designed. This gun is not.

I owned one and it was total junk. The aforementioned features were awful (mag release, safety, no external slide stop) and it was the most unreliable gun I have ever had. I'm not sure it made it though a single mag without a malfunction. Sent it to walther to fix it...it was worse! I finally took the extractor out and filed it down a bit and got it working well enough to sell it to someone.

I am ashamed of NES.
No one has suggested a stronger/younger/prettier/bigger/smaller wife as an option. Nor has anyone suggested divorce, nor taking her gun away. No one asked if she is guilty. No one suggested a derringer, nor a shotgun/AR/pepper spray.

My disappointment is overwhelming. I am going to my safe place now and put some grip tape on something.
Lost opportunity to use this:
my_disappointment_is_immeasurable.gif

a number of years ago I separated both my shoulders and I was having a VERY hard time racking any slide. (FYI, in case some of you don't know, I am a woman and 5'3") I had some advice about doing my job at the time from the doc who recommended PT as a first go. I used that advice and translated it to the gun range. I would hold the gun in front of my chest and with my dominant hand I could "push" on the handgrip while using my other hand to push the rack the opposite way. The gun was pointed to my left as I am right handed. So the gun was basically "flat" against my chest, muzzle pointed to the left. It took much less strength and made range time more enjoyable even though the recoil at the time was killing my shoulders. This may help people who have any type of strength issues, arthritis, etc.

Do we have a person in mind who actually needs advice on this subject now? I'm assuming @GlockJock and his wife have already sorted something out like 5 years ago when he asked the question. It's kind of depressing that somebody can just sign up, necropost to a 5 year-old thread, have that pointed out immediately, and the thread just pick up as if the question had been asked yesterday.

Do we have a person in mind who actually needs advice on this subject now? I'm assuming @GlockJock and his wife have already sorted something out like 5 years ago when he asked the question. It's kind of depressing that somebody can just sign up, necropost to a 5 year-old thread, have that pointed out immediately, and the thread just pick up as if the question had been asked yesterday.
True, but we may now have new shooters who are interested in this, along with newer technology/firearms that fit the bill! :)

True, but we may now have new shooters who are interested in this, along with newer technology/firearms that fit the bill! :)
Do we have a person in mind who actually needs advice on this subject now? I'm assuming @GlockJock and his wife have already sorted something out like 5 years ago when he asked the question. It's kind of depressing that somebody can just sign up, necropost to a 5 year-old thread, have that pointed out immediately, and the thread just pick up as if the question had been asked yesterday
I dont get the message board police…. How about this. If a subject doesn’t interest you or is too old for your liking, don‘t click on it. Just move on. If it interests someone else or pertains to a subject they are researching, what’s wrong with re-visiting …

I dont get the message board police…. How about this. If a subject doesn’t interest you or is too old for your liking, don‘t click on it. Just move on. If it interests someone else or pertains to a subject they are researching, what’s wrong with re-visiting …
Police? It's easy to get drawn into a necro thread. If you know it's a necro thread and want to proceed, don't let me stop you (as if I could). Maybe if you didn't know, you might appreciate somebody pointing it out.

The Ruger LCP II Lite Rack 22LR is, as the name implies, is very easy to rack and is a sweet shooting reliable pistol. 11 rounds of 22 LR and an easy to rack pistol may work for her.

So she can't rack a slide, but we want her to manage a tiny gun with a double action trigger?
Are you implying the trigger is too stiff to pull? Can't say I've heard this one, even on the S&W's, which I heard are not as smooth as the LCR.

Are you implying the trigger is too stiff to pull? Can't say I've heard this one, even on the S&W's, which I heard are not as smooth as the LCR.
I'm not saying it's a certainty, but I'd not be surprised if someone who lack the strength to manage a slide can't manage a 10+ pound double action trigger, nor can they manage the recoil on a tiny, lightweight revolver. My understanding of the "use a revolver" recommendation was always that they can cock the hammer and run it in single action. Especially when we start taking about arthritis, I would never give them a DA pocket revolver.

Back
Top Bottom