laws in other states

E

emil02

I was thinking about taking a trip to myrtle beach this year and i was wondering if my MASS class A would cover me driving through all the states going down there whether it be concealed or locked in my trunk.

No. Massachusetts does not have reciprocity with any other state. If you lock it in the trunk you will be fine. Forget about getting non res permits for every state, it is expensive and you won't get them from several states including NY/NJ/MD at the very least. Lock it in the trunk and leave it there until you hit your destination in Florida, and apply for a non-res there.

You do not need to physically be in Florida to apply for your NR CCW permit.

Call the Florida Dept of Licensing or visit their website and have the paperwork mailed to you. Fill it out, send it in with the $, and receive your permit back in the mail.

Who moved Myrtle Beach to FL when I wasn't looking?? [rolleyes] [laugh2]

FL takes 90-120 days for an initial issue CCW, so keep that in mind if anyone goes that route. You also need a sign-off for a NRA course to get the CCW.

He could only bring the guns to SC legally under FOPA, IF he'd be legal in SC to possess them. You need to look up the laws there to see if you'd be legal or get a SC CCW to make it legal if needed.

About all that Packing.org is good for these days is an easy way to the URLs for most state's CCW laws and issuing authorities. I suggest using it.

True, but some states grant reciprocity to MA even though MA does not return the favor. The east coast states do not tend to be among those that do though.

Actually, they recognize MA licenses. Nobody can grant reciprocity unilaterally, since it has to be, well, reciprocal.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom