• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Las Vegas gunman stopped by armed employee (Friday 6/23)

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
I searched several different ways and did not find this story here.

Looks like the dude took a couple in the back while trying to escape with what seems like either a nonfunctioning rifle or one that he didn't know how to operate.

🐯

Shot in the back, leaving the building. Wonder how that would fly in MA...or NY...or NJ...or any one of another 20+ states? He was obviously a loose cannon (sorry for the pun) but even with the video, how would this go down in many left wing states (and even "moderate" states)?

Shot in the back, leaving the building. Wonder how that would fly in MA...or NY...or NJ...or any one of another 20+ states? He was obviously a loose cannon (sorry for the pun) but even with the video, how would this go down in many left wing states (and even "moderate" states)?
If the shooter were a police officer, this would almost certainly have been permissible under Tennesses v. Garner (corrected thanks to @WJ406

Last edited:
If the shooter were a police officer, this would almost certainly have been permissible under Terry v. Ohio.
Doesn’t apply here since the defender isn’t law enforcement, but the case you’re thinking of is Tennessee v. Garner.

Most states have a provision in their self defense law that allows deadly force to be used to protect a third party (not sure if anyone else was present in this situation).

Doesn’t apply here since the defender isn’t law enforcement, but the case you’re thinking of is Tennessee v. Garner.

Most states have a provision in their self defense law that allows deadly force to be used to protect a third party (not sure if anyone else was present in this situation).
You are absolutely correct. Thank you. I regret I have but one like to give your post.

The guy had already popped off a few before the defender opened up, its pretty easy to show he was a threat, even a retreating one. Maybe a different story if the guy dropped his gun and was running away.

One might say that he was an active threat exiting a building lobby out into a possibly even more target rich environment and had to be stopped.

hLbI3yU.png

🐯

Hopefully at some point in the future John from Active Self Protection can interview the defender. Seeing the video is one thing, but it’s always great to hear from the person first hand explain the situation and the thoughts running through their head.

I also wonder if this business has a no carry policy for their employees. This is just another example proving that you are responsible for your own safety.

As long as he's holding the gun he's a threat.

Cam & Co mentioned that yesterday, noting no major news outlet has picked up the story. I found only local news outlets mentioning it today. No surprise…

Cam & Co mentioned that yesterday, noting no major news outlet has picked up the story. I found only local news outlets mentioning it today. No surprise…

Armed Las Vegas worker stopped likely mass shooter in his tracks but received little attention: expert​

A suspect in Las Vegas was seen in an apartment complex wearing a helmet and carrying an 'AR-15 style rifle'​

Back
Top Bottom