• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Knoxx gen 3 stock?

So I'm thinking about getting this stock for my 870. There is not a lot of info out there on this particular stock. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with it. it's a good price compared to some of the other stocks. I can get it for under a hundred bucks. I know there were a lot of complaints about the gen 1. I heard the gen 2 was much better but there were some issues about breaking at times. But I haven't heard nothing on this gen3 no real good reviews.

most likely sent from my bathroom

I looked at these stocks when I was modifying my 870. If I remember correctly, and it may vary between the generations, but I think a lot of people complain about getting their cheek pinched or "slapped" pretty good when it compresses to absorb recoil. I remember reading about one or two breaking but that was out of a whole lot of reviews that I read so I believe that was the exception and not the rule. I think it was only the gen 1 and gen 2 at that time though so maybe they've worked a lot of their issues out. Ultimately I went with a speed feed solid stock with a pistol grip but the Knoxx stocks have always interested me.

I have a knoxx stock on an 870 and never had a problem. I don't shoot it much but have at least 400 rounds through it of target, buckshot and slugs. I don't know what generation it is but its at least 4 yrs old.

I have one on my 870, which is mainly used as a toy. It works, and it will slap your cheek if you don't know how to get proper cheek weld. I'd honestly give heavy consideration to a side-folding adjustable stock/pistol grip. I like the transportability advantage.

Mike

I have this one on mine. Several hundred shells through it, including some 3in slugs, since I put the stock on. No problems at all. Nice and solid. No sense of it being flimsy at all. Almost no movement in the adjustable stock (side to side rattle). Probably about 1/3 of the movement you would see in the average AR15 adjustable stock. The grip and tube are one piece. It is very solid. After I put it on I smacked it around a bit. Threw it at the ground a few times and butt-struck a tree several times. Nothing loosened up at all. So if you ever have the need to do a TV style butt strike to someone's face the only ting you'll break is their nose. [laugh]

Oh BTW, this should go without saying but... If you decide to test one that way do it unloaded. The free floating firing pin will set off a shell if it hits the ground the right way. The only thing holding the pin back is a light spring. There is nothing mechanically stopping the pin from moving forward without a trigger pull other than the spring. The safety just stops the hammer from being released. If you have a shell in the chamber, w/ the safety on, and drop the gun on it's muzzle it will go off. Ask me how I know...

http://www.blackhawk.com/Products/L...un/Knoxx-SpecOps-Stock-NRS-Shotgun-Stock.aspx

I've tried a Knoxx or two. Hoped to turn my 12ga into a .22. Never found appreciable reduction in recoil to bother. I pulled it off and sold it both times. (Full stock and folding, IIRC)

I think if you were using 3" full-load shells it might help. For what I use, it's pretty much not necessary. I'd focus on a decent buttpad and a standard shotgun stock. But that's just me. I'm thinking it won't do $150 worth of improvement.

I put a Knoxx Recoil Reducing Stock on my Rem 870 Police Magnum probably 4-5 years ago and have had no complaints/problems with it. Living with a torn rotator cuff, it makes shooting this shotgun quite tolerable and that was my objective.

You can ask Juergen about it, as he and his friends shot a lot of rounds thru that shotgun at last year's Pumpkin Shoot. I didn't hear any complaints from them about it. In all cases it was 00 Buck or Slugs that we were running thru that gun, so not exactly light loads.

Back
Top Bottom