• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kids facing suspension in Tauton over Facebook photo

He's got good trigger control. But can't tell about her.

Oh, and this is a big load of Bravo Sierra.

not surprising some pansy got their panties in a wad over a photo that was taken at someones home......shaking my big old head at this one , just like all the other stories like pop tart guns and finger guns and "pew pew pew" noises

Do they (the school) need to quote an actual rule that has been broken, or can they just say 'because it's for the children' and do whatever the hell they want?

when i was in high school they tried to pull some similar bullshit with me over a personal webpage i ran.

i told them to take their complaint and fold it up until it's all corners and then to sit on it.

granted i never GAF about getting suspended. [laugh]

This should be no business of the school whatsoever. Unless the picture is inside the school or it was titled in a way that directly/explicitly threatened school property or school staff they should have told the whiny parents that its none of their business and they can't do anything about it.

Since when is it the school's job to police the home/outside lives of the students. Not just with respect to pictures, but anything they do outside of school. Is it the school's job to intervene if Jimmy punches Johnny in the face at the mall?

Makes me think of that whackadoo a few months back that said children didn't belong to their parents, but to the state and "community". This is the logical conclusion of statism. Involvement in every aspect of your life.

Honestly I am not sure why anyone would support the actions of this school. Set the gun issue aside, this is a CLEAR violation of their civil rights and a CLEAR over reach of a public school. Schools need to be roped in. The principle can do whatever they want based on their personal beliefs and that is just plain BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I am not sure why anyone would support the actions of this school. Set the gun issue aside, this is a CLEAR violation of their civil rights and a CLEAR over reach of a public school. Schools need to be roped in. The principle can do whatever they want based on their personal beliefs and that is just plain BS.

The progressive liberals in this country are too spineless to square off the issue with their fellow adults so they pick on the kids, shamelessly trying to manipulate and shape their minds using the public education system. They're cowards, every one of them, and we as a nation need to wake the hell up and stop paying our government to brainwash our kids.

This is the story, I posted it in General this morning also.. Something needs to be done to protect this kids rights, I hope their parents get them a Lawer.
I think that Bristol-Plymouth needs to rethink this suspension, they were at his house with his parents home and they are AIRSOFT guns, they are not real guns and the fact that they called the police and then spoke to them without their parents present is another issue, I would be so pissed, I would hire a lawyer to protect my kids rights !!!! Let's share this and get these kids back in school where they should be !!!

Tito VelezMekon Airsoft
ross Country states meet. We were asked, “why would you post something like that?” when we tried saying something, they told us to be quiet and they separated us. I was sent to a room and my bag was searched, along with my clothes and locker. The school called the police and they had a cop speak to us without reading our rights and without our parents permission. We had no say in what happened and we never got a chance to defend ourselves. We are both out of school now, in a school that only allows 4½ days absent. Which means if they don't expel us, we pay for overpriced saturday school and winter school. I understand it was wrong to take a picture with guns but come on. My dad took the photos, in my house. The guns were pointed at the floor, on safety, mock mags in, and our fingers weren't on the trigger. We had a responsible adult and he isnt againts airsoft. He knows gun safety and he keeps my guns, i dont have them unless im out at the fields. Well the dance was friday, and it went perfectly fine. No fights or anything. Today is monday, and now were both defenseless. The school took away whatever rights we had about speech. Our parents didnt have a say either. In 10 days we will have to have a conference with the school board, they will decide if we get suspended or not. I think its bullshit that we get suspended over a photo taken at my house because it was “threatening”. If my school wanted to suspend everyone who posted a “threatening” photo, then i couldnt have a photo with a car because cars kill people. honestly i think its unfair and its not right. My school could care less if you post a picture of you smoking or getting drunk. but you post a photo of a gun and everyone loses their mind. So right now im trying to get this story out to people to try to show that the school is wrong and that it wasnt a threat to anyone. The school is Bristol-Plymouth Voc/Tech in Taunton, MA. Please help me out guys., thanks.

LikeLike · · Share

I hate change.org, but I signed it. Uh, why aren't the kids lawyering up? plenty of attorneys would take this on for cheap or pro bono, no?

Airsoft?

Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical School is a public high school. The guns are apparently Airsoft, read the text.

Meanwhile, in Nebraska...
Broken Bow said:
The Broken Bow School Board voted Monday night to allow seniors to pose with guns in their senior portraits.

After a student requested to take a senior picture with a gun last year and was denied, the school began looking into the option as Broken Bow is a rural town with a lot of hunting and gaming availability.

"We have the 1 Box Shooting Club, a great trap range and sporting clays range," said Ken Myers, the Broken Bow School Board President. "A lot of youth are interested in that so that brings up firearms, I guess, a little bit more to the forefront along with the hunting." Superintendent Sievering added, "We decided that we didn't want to have any offensive depictions of firearms but, as we talked about it and the board talked about it, we could tell that there was a sense that to allow a student to have a firearm, as long as it was done in a tasteful manner in terms of a hunting or sporting type picture that that might be okay."

Students may not be brandishing or pointing the gun at the camera in their picture or it will not be used.

I am in Taunton and I am a big advocate of vocational education so my children would probably have ended up in BP if they were in public school. This is disturbing to say the least.

It's not the police - they never batted an eyelash when my daughter (15) went in for her FID, acted like it was the normal and right think to do. They also don't care if you shoot on your own property as long as you are safe.

To be fair, the kids need some more education too. E.g. "I understand it was wrong to take a picture with guns..." Uhh no, it wasn't wrong at all. That's the wrong mentality to have but sadly that's exactly what progressives have been trying to achieve.

In my (IANAL) opinion, the school has just violated the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments of these kids.

Any lawyers wanna go in halvsies and sue the ()^* out of the school and the administrators?

Bullshit the parents need to get a lawyer and for that lawyer to serve the school system with notice that they are going to sue the school administrators individually for violation of the children's civil rights.

OMG, my blood is boiling. And to add to that, the "taking picture with guns are wrong". Where the **** is this brainwash coming from? Dad should lawyer up now.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you do or say on Facebook, will absolutely F you going forward... FB is the new electronic version of DNA for conviction.

F Facebook, period.

My step daughter goes to school with them. I think the problem wasn't just a photo. The "tweet" they put out said something like "heading to home coming" . Of course the moon bats are gonna panic. My 15 year old step daughter got the tweet and said "this wont fly".

OMG, my blood is boiling. And to add to that, the "taking picture with guns are wrong". Where the **** is this brainwash coming from? Dad should lawyer up now.

Maybe the kid feels like a hostage and by him writing that taking pictures with guns are wrong, then the school may let him back it. He claims he could be facing expulsion so he could be getting nervous. Just a theory of mine.

My step daughter goes to school with them. I think the problem wasn't just a photo. The "tweet" they put out said something like "heading to home coming" . Of course the moon bats are gonna panic. My 15 year old step daughter got the tweet and said "this wont fly".

This, while not justifying the reaction, makes a lot more sense than the school just combing the facebook and suspending kids for holding guns/airsoft.

I mean... People can't be that unreasonable. *sticks fingers in ears, forgets SWAT was called for a man at home with a steak knife*

Yeah that is kind of a 180 situation from posting a picture on FB and posting a picture while mentioning a school event. That kind of does bring this from something that the school has no business in to something that is relevant to the school. At a minimum at tweet like that is in very poor taste and if it was my kid they would be in big trouble. If a kid has access to social media they have to learn how to be responsible and have a good idea what to expect as a reaction when posting something.

If I understand correctly Homecoming was Friday, correct?

Nothing happened (involving airsoft guns) at homecoming, correct?

Still a violation of the kids rights.

Link, screenshot, or username?

If that's what's going on here, it's still pretty messed up.

Without reference to the school reaction - that was a TERRIBLE idea to post that photo with that caption. I mean, really, really, really stupid idea.

Back
Top Bottom