Kids facing suspension in Tauton over Facebook photo

Bullshit the parents need to get a lawyer and for that lawyer to serve the school system with notice that they are going to sue the school administrators individually for violation of the children's civil rights.

Got that damn right!!!! Searched there school bag...separated them to speak to them separately...what the **** is that all about....school committee principle and Superintendent should be beaten with a stick like a piñata.

Without reference to the school reaction - that was a TERRIBLE idea to post that photo with that caption. I mean, really, really, really stupid idea.

Right, the minute a kid references it school event it moves things from not the school's business to square in the schools business. Not saying the school's reaction is the appropriate level but it is 100% the kid who caused this whole issue due to a poorly thought out tweet. If I was the parent I would fight tooth and nail to get my kid back in school but they would be on a long vacation from any social media.

Remember: since Phoebe Prince, the legislature REQUIRES schools to police the online world and take action if they perceive bullying. The school cannot decide not to do so. This is zero-tolerance idiocy, but it's more the law's fault than the school's.

As always, write your state rep...[rolleyes]

Without reference to the school reaction - that was a TERRIBLE idea to post that photo with that caption. I mean, really, really, really stupid idea.

Stupid or not the reaction to it was un-called for...as is the punishment! Let mom and dad determine what the punishment is for there social media fopaux....again another right trampled...Freedom of press and freedom of speech...mom and dad may want to give them a lesson that every action has a reaction...

Last edited:
My step daughter goes to school with them. I think the problem wasn't just a photo. The "tweet" they put out said something like "heading to home coming" . Of course the moon bats are gonna panic. My 15 year old step daughter got the tweet and said "this wont fly".

Now that I see this, I understand how the school got involved, still does not excuse Bristol-Plymouth from not calling his parents before proceeding to call the police and search him and his belongings. If it had been my son, I would have been pissed that he posted something like that on a social media site but ONLY because I know that people are going to overreact, not because I think it's wrong.. people need to wake up and calm down...

This photo in and of itself is no different than the old time souvenirs photos sold at amusement parks and other places. I had my photo taken at canobie lake park with a tommy gun smoking a fake cigar on an 8th grade field trip.

Change.org has some good petitions on it's site, but for the most part they are peddling commie statist causes.

Stupid or not the reaction to it was un-called for...as is the punishment! Let mom and dad determine what the punishment is for there social media fopaux....again another right trampled...Freedom of press and freedom of speech...mom and dad may want to give them a lesson that every action has a reaction...

I do think, in the end, the reaction was way overdone, but reacting wasn't inappropriate. Couple days after another high school shooting by a kid that was by all accounts happy and popular, kid posts a photo on social media with [what appears to be] a firearm and a comment about being on the way to a school event.

Once it was cleared up, I don't see the need for the suspension and possible expulsion. There was no (as far as is reported) malice or intent to cause any reaction. A come to Jesus talk with the parents, school administration, and police on the other side of the desk would certainly be called for to impress the abject stupidity of what they had done on these students, but suspending them over a misunderstanding is a bit far.

Bullshit the parents need to get a lawyer and for that lawyer to serve the school system with notice that they are going to sue the school administrators individually for violation of the children's civil rights.

Yup, I generally don't agree with lawsuits but one is warranted in this case.

I do think, in the end, the reaction was way overdone, but reacting wasn't inappropriate. Couple days after another high school shooting by a kid that was by all accounts happy and popular, kid posts a photo on social media with [what appears to be] a firearm and a comment about being on the way to a school event.

Once it was cleared up, I don't see the need for the suspension and possible expulsion. There was no (as far as is reported) malice or intent to cause any reaction. A come to Jesus talk with the parents, school administration, and police on the other side of the desk would certainly be called for to impress the abject stupidity of what they had done on these students, but suspending them over a misunderstanding is a bit far.

So you as a parent would be ok with your child being placed in an office and being questioned by a school administrator with out you present? You don't think that was inappropriate behavior on the schools part...then calling police to again question them with out you present is not inappropriate?[hmmm]

Link, screenshot, or username?

If that's what's going on here, it's still pretty messed up.

here you go. Photo doesn't bother me in the least but to reference a school event with all these crazy liberals around is kinda dumb!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
c756bd610ccdf5bf176a71e875a23eef.jpg

Lol let's see how long till It gets deleted .

So you as a parent would be ok with your child being placed in an office and being questioned by a school administrator with out you present? You don't think that was inappropriate behavior on the schools part...then calling police to again question them with out you present is not inappropriate?[hmmm]

No. That's not what I said. Or at least what I meant. That's what I meant by the parents, administrators, AND police. Maybe I expressed myself poorly.

Edit: Let me try to explain myself better: I believe the school/LE should have reacted. The caption posted with the photo is pretty damned easy to take as bad shit coming down the rails. Once it was found to be a misunderstanding, disciplinary action was, in my opinion, not warranted - but some informal action to impress upon these two dumbs kids the stupidity of posting or tweeting or viraling or kicking or whatever the hell it is nowadays what they did would have been appropriate. Sit the dumbasses down in front of the principal with L/E and the parents on either side of the principal and have a come to Jesus session with them. Leave them with no misunderstanding that what they put on social media a few days after a high school shooting was the stupidest thing humans have done since Michael Jackson babysat children.

And then leave it at that.

Last edited:
As I said on FB, so the school is blaming it on other parents overreacting and FORCING them to suspend the kids.... so does this mean if parents are worried an illegal immigrant kill in the school system might have a disease they will suspend them too? What are the chances we get to see the records of WHO EXACTLY complained and FORCED this move?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom