Kid's ears and mag loaders

Chris

NES Member
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
1) Kids Ears

My son has become fond of riding in daddy's lap while we mow the lawn. I've always worn hearing protection and glasses and I insist that my son do as well. We've found some nice glasses called Baby Banz which he seems OK wearing, but ear plugs seem to irritate him, and he actually got an ear infection which I would not be surprised to find was a result or contributed to by the plugs.

Anyone have a source for good over the ears hearing protection for young kids? Something to grow with him is a bonus, but not required.

2) Magazine Loaders

I don't know what it is with modern magazines, but new ones are damn hard to fully load. I have a nice little plastic thing that makes most of my single stack mags easy, but it doesn't fir on the double stack and some of the wider mags.

In any case, anyone have a preferred mag loading tool? My thumb will thank you for it.

1) Kids Ears

My son has become fond of riding in daddy's lap while we mow the lawn. I've always worn hearing protection and glasses and I insist that my son do as well. We've found some nice glasses called Baby Banz which he seems OK wearing, but ear plugs seem to irritate him, and he actually got an ear infection which I would not be surprised to find was a result or contributed to by the plugs.

Anyone have a source for good over the ears hearing protection for young kids? Something to grow with him is a bonus, but not required.

2) Magazine Loaders

I don't know what it is with modern magazines, but new ones are damn hard to fully load. I have a nice little plastic thing that makes most of my single stack mags easy, but it doesn't fir on the double stack and some of the wider mags.

In any case, anyone have a preferred mag loading tool? My thumb will thank you for it.

Chris, the UPLULA loader is the best I have used. It works on all pistol mags single stack and double stack Cost is about $30 shipped if you can find them. (They are the hot item this year) I have one in my M&P bag and one in my 226 bag and they really save the arthritis.

Best place I found to get them was from EGUNS.COM

Ask Chad about hearing protectors or call Peltor in Southbridge and ask them what they suggest.

If you call Chad, tell him I said Hi.

Gary

Ears: peltors are super comfy.

Mags: The only thing I've ever used is the piece that comes with the glocks that slips over the mag and acts like your thumb. *shrug* It works with just about any mag .38 or larger. Nothing to write home about though

1) Kids Ears

My vote is that you let him steer the mower and you just cup your hands over his ears [smile].

My vote is that you let him steer the mower and you just cup your hands over his ears [smile].

Would be nice except that he's only 20 months, and even daddy has trouble turning the wheel with just one hand at times (heavy tractor with little or no motion and manual gear steering makes for very hard turning.)

I picked up one this week online (uplula). It is AWESOME! PM me if you still need one, and I'll let you know where.

Jr

Back
Top Bottom