• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just My 2 Cents About Ads

I’ve listed stuff here for what I thought was dirt cheap and a very buyer friendly deal. And those ads have sat forever and eventually sold elsewhere.

I’ve listed stuff for what I thought was high but those have sold within minutes.

I do always try to list locations and pertinent sale details. I don’t always post a picture of it’s a stock commodity gun.

As for flakes. Far fewer flakes here than CL

And my rules are:
A solid I’ll take it gets it. Anything less than the buyer saying that or them saying “Sold” and the ad stays up.

I’ve listed stuff here for what I thought was dirt cheap and a very buyer friendly deal. And those ads have sat forever and eventually sold elsewhere.

I’ve listed stuff for what I thought was high but those have sold within minutes.

I do always try to list locations and pertinent sale details. I don’t always post a picture of it’s a stock commodity gun.

As for flakes. Far fewer flakes here than CL

And my rules are:
A solid I’ll take it gets it. Anything less than the buyer saying that or them saying “Sold” and the ad stays up.

I've never bought or sold anything on these boards, but is it really common to take down or suspend an ad before a gun sells on here? My experience with things like craigslist has always been to leave an ad up until money changes hands. No promises, no holding an item. First one with money that shows up gets it. Is this not common here?

My approach would be to schedule a time to meet, but be clear that I'm not reserving the gun for them and if it sells before then, I'll update them. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Is this not a good attitude to have with classifieds on this board?

I've never bought or sold anything on these boards, but is it really common to take down or suspend an ad before a gun sells on here? My experience with things like craigslist has always been to leave an ad up until money changes hands. No promises, no holding an item. First one with money that shows up gets it. Is this not common here?

My approach would be to schedule a time to meet, but be clear that I'm not reserving the gun for them and if it sells before then, I'll update them. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Is this not a good attitude to have with classifieds on this board?

If someone has committed to buying it but we can’t meet for a few days or even a week then I won’t sell it to someone else even if that other buyer is more convenient for meeting/location or if they offer more than asking price.

If someone has committed then I’ll sometimes mark my post as Spoken For (SPF) just to calm down any other PMs. But I’ll take “next in line” people of the deal falls through.

I always thought that was Sold Pending Funds.

I’ve seen it for both.

I learned it as "spoken for" elsewhere but definitely learned that NES reads it as "sold pending funds". It was a thread I was naively trying to help on and was quickly told where to put my help. [laugh]

Some of these ads crack me up. Just saw one that in all caps that said "RARE OPPORTUNITY". It turned out to be a Ruger, .22 auto hand gun. Now that right there is rare.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom