• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Judge spares heroin dealer from jail

The terms of his probation should be to be forced to live(reside) next door to the judge.

Apparently the judge thinks he is only guilty of practicing pharmacy without a license

He'd probably enjoy living next to the judge, he lives in a very nice neighborhood in Marblehead.

What’s the outrage about? Non violent drug crime. Accepted a plea. Legal permanent resident. I’m not seeing the problem.

You will when some addict is shoving a knife in your ribs or a gun in your face to get the money for his next fix.
I've watched people I knew do the death spiral on that shit and believe me it gets to the point where they will kill you to get what they need make the pain stop.
It's not pot and it's not booze.
And this "Well just legalize it" stuff is pure horse shit.
Ok now you can walk into CVS and buy it off the shelf. Where's the money coming from? Oh ya, they rob and steal for it still because your too f*cked up to hold a job so it's back to square one.
People who sell that shit should be burned alive.

And this "Well just legalize it" stuff is pure horse shit.
Ok now you can walk into CVS and buy it off the shelf. Where's the money coming from? Oh ya, they rob and steal for it still because your too f*cked up to hold a job so it's back to square one.

So you are saying they’ll do the same thing whether or not drugs are legal? How exactly is that a strong argument for keeping drugs illegal?

So you are saying they’ll do the same thing whether or not drugs are legal? How exactly is that a strong argument for keeping drugs illegal?

Kicks the shit out of "There will be less crime if they made it legal" argument though doesn't it ?
Most likely more in fact.
Then I guess the next liberal argument would be that the taxpayers should be providing it for free to them as a solution.

If I can go to my local drug store show an I D and buy heroin not get jambed up, you think it won’t increase use. Let me sell you a bridge I own. Haaaa.

Go back and looked what happened when you could buy it like that. You talk like it wasn't already like that in the past. YOU COULD buy it at a drug store off the shelf.

The problem with people like you is you live in a fantasy world where govt has always had your freedom. Illegal drugs is a relatively new thing in US history.

Not true, the side effects are bad. Drunks don’t steal, murder or mug to get their next drink.

Alcohol, Drugs and Crime

"Because alcohol use is legal and pervasive, it plays a particularly strong role in the relationship to crime and other social problems. Alcohol is a factor in 40% of all violent crimes today, and according to the Department of Justice, 37% of almost 2 million convicted offenders currently in jail, report that they were drinking at the time of their arrest."

The evidence shows us what you wrote is a lie. Many drugs were used lessbefore it was illegal.
Portugal legalized all drugs in 2003. Drug use dropped.

Prohibition of alcohol via 18A led to the birth of organized crime. This led to the formation of the FBI and even larger govt. Problems that we still deal with to this day, a century later.

In sure it did drop over a few years .
Now let's see the stats for OD's immediately following it.
Pretty much everyone I knew who did heroin with very few exceptions is now dead.

That's like declaring year round open season on deer with no limits and then in five years saying it was a success because hardly any deer are being shot.
No kidding, that's because there aren't any left.

Dead people statisticly use less drugs , generally accepted truth.

In sure it did drop over a few years .
Now let's see the stats for OD's immediately following it.
Pretty much everyone I knew who did heroin with very few exceptions is now dead.

That's like declaring year round open season on deer with no limits and then in five years saying it was a success because hardly any deer are being shot.
No kidding, that's because there aren't any left.

Dead people statisticly use less drugs , generally accepted truth.

Your notion it dropped because most of the drug users are dead is simply false.

If it was true, considering your position was that drugs need to be illegal because drug users cause crime, then you should be supporting the legalization of it.

But it’s not and your positions are wildly inconsistent, contradictory, and simply factually inaccurate.

Your notion it dropped because most of the drug users are dead is simply false.

If it was true, considering your position was that drugs need to be illegal because drug users cause crime, then you should be supporting the legalization of it.

But it’s not and your positions are wildly inconsistent, contradictory, and simply factually inaccurate.

Do tell about how many of the heroin users that don't get and except help and treatment you know of that made it to retirement age. [rolleyes]
It's not if , it's when you OD.
Of the last two I personally knew who did it , one was found dead in a car and the other his parents found in his room already starting to stiffen up.
Not one thing I have said is inconsistent , No matter who's selling it , you still have to pay for it.
Since most addicts aren't employable , it's rob and steal .
And yup I still think that if you get caught dealing that shit you need to die by fire.

Not one thing I have said is inconsistent.

You said if drugs were legal it would increase drug use. When presented with evidence to the contrary you claimed it was because most drug users immediately died. You claim drugs are different than alcohol because alcohol doesn’t cause people to commit crimes like drugs do. That was also shown to be wrong. None of your reasons why drugs should be illegal have shown to be true.

No matter who's selling it , you still have to pay for it.

So you prefer it to be sold by drug cartels who actually are extremely violent instead of eliminating the black market created by drugs being illegal, rather than in a legal and regulated market? So you support violence?

But you are right, legal or illegal, people are still buying.

Another awful reason for supporting drugs being illegal.

Since most addicts aren't employable , it's rob and steal .

They’d be more employable if drugs weren’t criminalized and drug abuse was treated medically instead of making them criminals.

So another reason to legalize drugs.

And yup I still think that if you get caught dealing that shit you need to die by fire.

Well that explains things. You are a supporter of violence. No wonder you like the drug war.

You said if drugs were legal it would increase drug use. When presented with evidence to the contrary you claimed it was because most drug users immediately died. You claim drugs are different than alcohol because alcohol doesn’t cause people to commit crimes like drugs do. That was also shown to be wrong. None of your reasons why drugs should be illegal have shown to be true.

So you prefer it to be sold by drug cartels who actually are extremely violent instead of eliminating the black market created by drugs being illegal, rather than in a legal and regulated market? So you support violence?

But you are right, legal or illegal, people are still buying.

Another awful reason for supporting drugs being illegal.

They’d be more employable if drugs weren’t criminalized and drug abuse was treated medically instead of making them criminals.

So another reason to legalize drugs.

Well that explains things. You are a supporter of violence. No wonder you like the drug war.

Your arguing with so many people your confusing who said what.
The booze thing wasn't me.

Heroin addicts would be more employable if it was legal ? GTFO
Tells me you have never met one in your life or your just pull stuff out of your butt.
I watched a guy I went to school with go from a 210 pound high school football player to a 100 pound mumbling , shuffling zombie shortly before he died of an overdose.
I'm sure he was top of the hiring list at lots of places.
He did have 20 B&E's on his record at that point so I guess he had that going for him.

But you are right about supporting violence though.
I would have happily shot the guy selling him that shit right in the face.

It must be nice to live in a sheltered world were all this stuff is an hypothetical .
The real world is far more gruesome.

Your arguing with so many people your confusing who said what.
The booze thing wasn't me.

You are correct. My mistake.

]
Heroin addicts would be more employable if it was legal ? GTFO
Tells me you have never met one in your life or your just pull stuff out of your butt.

You didn’t read the article I posted, did you? There’d be less addicts.

I watched a guy I went to school with go from a 210 pound high school football player to a 100 pound mumbling , shuffling zombie shortly before he died of an overdose.
I'm sure he was top of the hiring list at lots of places.

Heroin certainly does terrible things. Now this guy you went to school with, he turned into this druggy criminal addict even though drugs were illegal, right?

But you are right about supporting violence though.
I would have happily shot the guy selling him that shit right in the face.

Thank you for the confirmation.

It must be nice to live in a sheltered world were all this stuff is an hypothetical .
The real world is far more gruesome.

I literally posted a lengthy article about a place in which drugs were decriminalized. It wasn’t hypothetical.

You are correct. My mistake.

You didn’t read the article I posted, did you? There’d be less addicts.

Heroin certainly does terrible things. Now this guy you went to school with, he turned into this druggy criminal addict even though drugs were illegal, right?

Thank you for the confirmation.

I literally posted a lengthy article about a place in which drugs were decriminalized. It wasn’t hypothetical.

You did.
According to the official government stats in England it's been the land of unicorn farts and fairy wings since they disarmed the population.
You buying it?

We’re talking about drugs not guns. They’re not correlated.

If they were, making guns illegal would be like making drugs illegal, so the UK being a shithole would support my position not yours.

We’re talking about drugs not guns. They’re not correlated.

If they were, making guns illegal would be like making drugs illegal, so the UK being a shithole would support my position not yours.

You've danced your way out of every solid question.
Do you believe official government stats when it comes to backing their policies or not ?
"We f*cked up " admits no government ever.
And do you have the OD stats for Portugal for the first two years of that policy ?
I'm betting it's astronomical.

Sorry you don’t like that I was answering your questions and refuting your claims.

Do you believe official government stats when it comes to backing their policies or not ?

Feel free to look at any number of sources. Unless you know so magic way of tracking things without stats...which based on your own unsubstantiated claims seems unlikely. Like the one below.

And do you have the OD stats for Portugal for the first two years of that policy ?

Do you have any evidence to support your claim? The stats show a downward trend, not up. Having the opinion drugs should remain illegal based on the notion things might have gotten temporarily worse is absurd even if true.

"Let people carry guns? Blood in the streets! The homicide rates would skyrocket!"

Sorry you don’t like that I was answering your questions and refuting your claims.

Feel free to look at any number of sources. Unless you know so magic way of tracking things without stats...which based on your own unsubstantiated claims seems unlikely. Like the one below.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim? The stats show a downward trend, not up. Having the opinion drugs should remain illegal based on the notion things might have gotten temporarily worse is absurd even if true.

Actually you haven't answered any of them , just changed it to something else.

I gave you an example of government tossing out fake states to back up their policies and both England and Australia have been caught red handed fudging crime stats to back their disarmament policies.
The point is relevant.
You will pretend you didn't see that either.

There is nothing unsubstantiated about heroin being a dead end drug.
Most everyone that uses it long enough ends up dead.

What part of the logic that if a substantial portion of the population who shoot heroin dies then the usage numbers go down escapes you?
Someone might consider that a success I guess.

Actually you haven't answered any of them , just changed it to something else.

I gave you an example of government tossing out fake states to back up their policies and both England and Australia have been caught red handed fudging crime stats to back their disarmament policies.

What’s that have to do with anything even remotely related to drugs being legal or not?

Oh, it doesn’t.

Also a good thing the sources about Portugal’s drug decriminalizarion are many. The fact they don’t support your position is your problem and it’s up to you to show the stats are bunk. You haven’t tried, because you probably can’t.

The point is relevant.
You will pretend you didn't see that either.

Oops, wrong again. There’s a pattern developing.

There is nothing unsubstantiated about heroin being a dead end drug.

Correct. I didn’t say there was. You’ve several times suggested that OD’d must have increased when Portugal’s decriminalized drugs. That is in fact unsubstantiated. And you know it.

Most everyone that uses it long enough ends up dead.

Yep, but maybe if people who used it were treated medically instead of revolving in and out of prisons that would change? Oh, that’s what Portugal has been doing successfully? Weird.

What part of the logic that if a substantial portion of the population who shoot heroin dies then the usage numbers go down escapes you?
Someone might consider that a success I guess.

Yep, I now know for sure that you didn’t read the article.

Back
Top Bottom