Judge spares heroin dealer from jail

I believe marijuana use in MA will increase now that it’s legalized. I can’t prove this (yet) but I expect it will.

Harder drugs I am not so sure. I expect most folks know better and those who don’t probably find them whether legal or illegal.

Completely insane from Salem News

SALEM — A Peabody man found with more than half an ounce of heroin hidden in a secret compartment of his Volvo three years ago won't have to serve time in prison after pleading guilty to charges of drug possession with intent to distribute.

That's because, a Salem Superior Court judge reasoned on Tuesday, Manuel Soto-Vittini was just trying to support his family, and was not an addict himself.

"This was basically a money crime," Judge Timothy Feeley concluded, rejecting a prosecutor's request for one to three years in state prison.

Seems like that makes it worse.

"Let people carry guns? Blood in the streets! The homicide rates would skyrocket!"
What’s that have to do with anything even remotely related to drugs being legal or not?

Oh, it doesn’t.

Also a good thing the sources about Portugal’s drug decriminalizarion are many. The fact they don’t support your position is your problem and it’s up to you to show the stats are bunk. You haven’t tried, because you probably can’t.

Oops, wrong again. There’s a pattern developing.

Correct. I didn’t say there was. You’ve several times suggested that OD’d must have increased when Portugal’s decriminalized drugs. That is in fact unsubstantiated. And you know it.

Yep, but maybe if people who used it were treated medically instead of revolving in and out of prisons that would change? Oh, that’s what Portugal has been doing successfully? Weird.

Yep, I now know for sure that you didn’t read the article.

Once again you show your M.O. of pretending you don't get the point .
Governments lie to bolster their policies.
So unless you've suddenly become a government fan boy your being obtuse .

Medical treatment for addicts isn't already available here ?
News to me.

That and the conversation is about dealers, not users .
I did read the article .
I give it about as much credence as the ones I read about Obamacare being a raging success.

Back
Top Bottom