• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Joining Purgatory Falls Fish & Game Club

So my Dad and I are going to join the Purgatory Falls Fish & Game Club in Mt Vernon NH We don't have a gun yet but we both have bows and hopefully we will get a gun soon. Is anyone here a member there and what events would any of you recommend?

Been there once a few years back to buy a rifle from a member. Nice little club. But I'm not a member.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was a member until I lost my job. Nice, quiet club with a membership cap. Silhouette practice every Wednesday night and a match on the second Sunday. They shoot trap every Saturday.

Been up there a few times, its a very nice club. Every time I went it was very quiet. My girlfriends grand father is a life time member and has always spoken highly of the place and the organization.

A little tip to help you fit in though, its Mont Vernon, not Mt. or Mount Vernon, thats where George Washington lives. You'll probably catch some shit at the club for saying the U that isn't in Mont[wink]

Been up there a few times, its a very nice club. Every time I went it was very quiet. My girlfriends grand father is a life time member and has always spoken highly of the place and the organization.

A little tip to help you fit in though, its Mont Vernon, not Mt. or Mount Vernon, thats where George Washington lives. You'll probably catch some shit at the club for saying the U that isn't in Mont[wink]
Thanks lol

Is anybody here a member at Purgatory Falls? It's 10 minutes from my house and I've tried to reach out about joining to their general inbox with no response (probably just not monitored very often). If you could PM me a contact I'd appreciate it very much. thanks.

I am also a member. Meetings are third Thursday of every month at the MV fire station. December is a potluck, so I don't know that there is a regular meeting.

In order to join, you have to go to a meeting to pick up an application, attend a safety briefing at the range, get sponsored by a current member (>1 year), have your application read at a club meeting, and then get voted in at the next meeting. If you do not know a current member to sponsor you, going to Saturday morning trap shooting is a good way to meet someone. Most guys just want to see that you can handle a gun safely before vouching for a total stranger. The range chairman who does the safety briefing is a very nice guy, and will introduce you around if you are looking for a sponsor.

It's a nice little club. I have yet to go to the range when it is crowded. I usually have the place to myself.

What time are the meetings at on Thursdays? I live just through the woods from here but never remember to look into the membership. Every time I drive to Peterborough to hit the range I kick myself for not applying here.

Per the newsletter: Monthly PFF&GC meeting is held in the Mont Vernon Fire Station "meeting room" every third Thursday of the month, starting at 7:30 PM. Public Welcome!

There should be plenty of slots for new members this coming February, your best chance to get in under the cap is to attend in January as a guest.

I am also a member. Meetings are third Thursday of every month at the MV fire station. December is a potluck, so I don't know that there is a regular meeting.
It's been traditional to hold the December meeting at the potluck party, I believe that is the plan this year. My work schedule has precluded my attendance for the past several years.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll be there for December's meeting.
There should be plenty of slots for new members this coming February, your best chance to get in under the cap is to attend in January as a guest.

It's been traditional to hold the December meeting at the potluck party, I believe that is the plan this year. My work schedule has precluded my attendance for the past several years.
Right. Anyone showing up at the regular location will be lonely, I expect. December's "meeting" is a party for the club members.

True, but I spoke to the Range Officer, and prospective members can start the process to be ready for when we have openings. We typically open up about 25-30 slots each year on Feb 1.

Back
Top Bottom