• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone is willing to sponsor me for the Nashua Fish and Game range?

They are just down the street from me. I was under the impression that they only shoot pistol and shotgun.
No nfga has a 600 yard range...hundred yard range... action pistol ten yard pistol...trap and archery

They have a great range

I was a memeber there when i lived in nashua

Sorry op i didnt need to get sponsored when i was there...they had an open enrollment

Honestly just shoot them an email and see when the next event is they might just say its cool.

Also the action pistol is open to the public so you'll meet guys that way too

Just watch out, IIRC that was one of those clubs that turned into a drama fest. There was an IDPA group or something that dumped them because of fuddism, not sure if that situation has evolved or not.

Just watch out, IIRC that was one of those clubs that turned into a drama fest. There was an IDPA group or something that dumped them because of fuddism, not sure if that situation has evolved or not.
Huh that's weird the guy running it was cool as hell when i was there a few years back

I think that was a long time ago. There was also some weirdness going on with the leadership of the IDPA group, so I'm not sure just where the blame lay.

Huh that's weird the guy running it was cool as hell when i was there a few years back
Maybe they've resolved that issue or got rid of "the problem", usually with most fudd deals its one or two people that ruin things. I just know Nashua used to attract lots of "MA loop club style" complaints around here.

Maybe they've resolved that issue or got rid of "the problem", usually with most fudd deals its one or two people that ruin things. I just know Nashua used to attract lots of "MA loop club style" complaints around here.
Honestly it was my first club other than the place that shall not be named in worcester

But the only thing that was a little annoying was the various quals...down south they're like heres a 1200 yd range do your best to keep it on the land

Up there it was like qual at 1...then 2/3 then 6. And it was like every other month

But the folks were nice enough

I didnt shoot trap tho... thats where you usually see the fudders

Honestly it was my first club other than the place that shall not be named in worcester

But the only thing that was a little annoying was the various quals...down south they're like heres a 1200 yd range do your best to keep it on the land

Up there it was like qual at 1...then 2/3 then 6. And it was like every other month

But the folks were nice enough

I didnt shoot trap tho... thats where you usually see the fudders
You had to qualify again every other month or they held qualification every other month?

I am not against clubs qualifying people. But sometimes it is needed...

Example, I was at a 300 yard qualification a few weeks ago. They asked everyone to bring rifles sighted at 100 yards.

First part of the qualification was shooting at a 12" plate at 100 yards. At least 2 people couldn't hit it.

The club was nice, got them on target then took them to the 300 yards. Imagine that dude showing up to a 600 or 1200 yard range with homes near by.

At Granby one day. Some kids show up with a very nice Tikka in 6.5cm. They wanted to shoot at the plates going out to 600 from the lower range. There was a range Nazi around that yelled at them and told them they could only shoot out to 300. They put a big paper target at 300, their groups were around 8" (for the good ones, most were 10"). Their rifle wasn't sighted in and they wanted to go straight to 600.

I am all for letting people do whatever they want, and if a range is in the middle of nowhere, f*ck it, who cares of rounds hit rocks or go high. But most rifle ranges in New England are close to homes, and most gun owners are horrible shots.

The worst part is not that they s*ck at shooting (we all s*cked at one point), is that they can't be bothered to do any reading or understand shooting basics.

You had to qualify again every other month or they held qualification every other month?

I am not against clubs qualifying people. But sometimes it is needed...

Example, I was at a 300 yard qualification a few weeks ago. They asked everyone to bring rifles sighted at 100 yards.

First part of the qualification was shooting at a 12" plate at 100 yards. At least 2 people couldn't hit it.

The club was nice, got them on target then took them to the 300 yards. Imagine that dude showing up to a 600 or 1200 yard range with homes near by.

At Granby one day. Some kids show up with a very nice Tikka in 6.5cm. They wanted to shoot at the plates going out to 600 from the lower range. There was a range Nazi around that yelled at them and told them they could only shoot out to 300. They put a big paper target at 300, their groups were around 8" (for the good ones, most were 10"). Their rifle wasn't sighted in and they wanted to go straight to 600.

I am all for letting people do whatever they want, and if a range is in the middle of nowhere, f*ck it, who cares of rounds hit rocks or go high. But most rifle ranges in New England are close to homes, and most gun owners are horrible shots.
They held the quals like every other month once you were in you were in

I think maybe the long range was a little less often. I remember it being annoying when i missed it because i had to wait for the next one

I understand the need as well a little better up north

Wasn't a huge deal was just inconvient

Other than that though nothing but good things to say about it

I just joined there recently as an alternative to my primary club and to get access to a longer range. I'm still a provisional or probationary member so I don't think I can sponsor anybody yet. It's a decent club with some nice ranges and amenities. The rules are a bit much and the lack of any steel targets on the rifle ranges sucks but there aren't many 600 yard ranges around. The location near a thickly settled area is the reason for most of the rules and safe measures.

I qualified on the 100y range and still have to go back and qualify at 600. The catch-22 is how does one get any practice at that kind of distance without access to a range that far out? I've never shot out that far so when I go to qualify it'll be a first.

The 100 yard range has to be the most idiot proof range I've ever seen. There are designated spots to shoot to 25, 50, 75 and 100 yards to avoid crossfire which is fine, but they take it a step further and have specific positions for benched, off hand and prone shooting. If you want to shoot from a bench and then stand up and shoot off hand, you have to move over to another spot. The pergolas above the 100 yard range that block out all "blue sky" from the firing line are an abomination. It's way too restrictive for my liking but I'm a bit of a "mag dump AKs into pumpkins and clay pigeons in the woods" kind of guy.

I qualified on the 100y range and still have to go back and qualify at 600. The catch-22 is how does one get any practice at that kind of distance without access to a range that far out? I've never shot out that far so when I go to qualify it'll be a first

I am not a rifle guy but I thought there were targets that you could purchase that you put at 100yds and it would simulate what the target would look like at 500yds or something like that.

As usual bunch of BS but no strait answer. Can anyone answer my question please? Merry Christmas!
I just looked at their website, it seems you can join without needing a sponsor, if you go for an in person interview. I'll probably do that, as It's pretty close to me, and I'm not in any other club right now. I saw the $150 initiation fee, but not the annual dues. Do you know what that is? Nevermind, found it ($150 also).

I just looked at their website, it seems you can join without needing a sponsor, if you go for an in person interview. I'll probably do that, as It's pretty close to me, and I'm not in any other club right now. I saw the $150 initiation fee, but not the annual dues. Do you know what that is? Nevermind, found it ($150 also).
No no... much easier to bitch even though the second post said reach out because i didn't need a sponsor...

Edit 3rd post

No no... much easier to bitch even though the second post said reach out because i didn't need a sponsor...

Edit 3rd post
The question was not how to get in. The question was about a sponsor. With sponsor you have much more chance because all ranged are overloaded.

@PatMcD you ARE right....... they call it a sniper range.... pathetic......
11.19 Prohibited Activities:.........11.19.4 Use of a firearm chambered in the .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge or the .50 BMG cartridge.

Delete. Never mind

@PatMcD you ARE right....... they call it a sniper range.... pathetic......
11.19 Prohibited Activities:.........11.19.4 Use of a firearm chambered in the .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge or the .50 BMG cartridge.

Delete. Never mind
It's called a Highpower Rifle Range, not a sniper range.
The reason for the prohibition on 338LM and 50BMG is twofold;
1. Those calibers ruin impact berms. That really can't be debated.
2. And this is where I'm going to get in trouble for even mentioning it, but those two calibers are not used by serious marksmen. The Leveridge Range is for serious marksmanship competitions, and 338LM is just not used.
People can debate me on that second point, but I think I'm on pretty firm ground.

Back
Top Bottom