• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's time..... The movement.

Ok so I figured I would start a new thread in order to kind of move this all to the next step.

First off, I want to thank EVERYONE who has emailed me looking to get involved. I truly thought I was going to walk away from this with 20-30 people looking to get involved. Well, that was out done in roughly 5 hours, and since then I have received hundreds of emails and PM's. I clearly was not ready for this. If you messaged me or emailed me, and I didn't get back to you, I have not forgotten you, I'm just trying to catch my breath a bit. I'm in the process of setting up a designated email for this, as my basic Yahoo account just isn't set up for this kind of stuff.

Now, because of the MASSIVE, outpouring of support and desire from you all to be involved, it has changed the game plan a bit. I think instead of a general assembly of 100-200 people in a giant room, throwing ideas at a wall, and undoubtedly disagreeing ( I mean come on let's be realistic, have you seen a thread on whats a better caliber, 9mm or .45acp?) [laugh], what I plan on doing is this:

I need people for the short term with the following skill sets:

-Web Design
-Graphic arts
-Marketing skills
-Group leadership/team leadership skills
-People familiar with establishing a non profit
-Those proficient in grammar, I'm talking someone who can write a speech to make a nun cry
-Social media proficient, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, and more.
-Data gathering and tabulation
-Googling and collecting simple information

I need you to also be available for this saturday evening, roughly 4pm-8pm somewhere in that timeframe, and we need to find a location for a decent sized group. I'm going to "limit" and I use that term lightly, I don't want to exclude or limit anyone really, but for the sake of efficiency, I really need people with a strong focus in the areas limited above, to somewhere in the 20-30 people range. If anyone knows of a place that is quiet and has wifi that can house that many good folks for a few hours, let me know. After seeing Goals response here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...e-(02-08-13)?p=2799466&highlight=#post2799466, it has becoming astonishingly clear, that a precise, thoughtful, to the point mission statement and message needs to be present from the beginning if we wish to garner the support from organizations such as theirs, I feel the only way to do this is with a smaller more focused group. This doesnt mean your ideas will go unheard.

I have a basic framework in mind, some of which I came up with on my own, and some ideas from the previous thread. For the time being, I am going to run with it. I ask you to use this thread to throw some ideas around, and please, I beg you to keep the disagreeing to a minimum [laugh]. Be thoughtful here, really think this stuff through. Dont just type "rifle protest!" and leave it at that. Your ideas have not gone un noticed. Trust me.

If things go as I hope they will this weekend, I would like to have a general assembly meeting in the coming week for everyone and anyone who is interested to present the idea, and hopefully get everyone out there pushing the idea and acting as "street teamers", for lack of a better term, for this movement.

If you match the above skill sets I need for the time being, please pm me with the subject: SKILLSET
This is important so I can sort through all the pms.

Anyone not familiar with what the hell I'm talking about, go read here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...d-I-need-your-help-*****UPDATE-IN-POST-1*****

Well folks, the floor is yours.....

Last edited:
What about thug muscle....someone that can bend a few fingers back on those who get outta line....need to have internal security.

What about thug muscle....someone that can bend a few fingers back on those who get outta line....need to have internal security.

I kinda fit that role somewhat [laugh].

Right now security isn't an issue. We need a message to protect first

I will just say this on a non-profit, a 501c3 will need articles of incorporation, draft bylaws and an EIN from the IRS, a lawyer or accountant type should handle this.

I have experience with webdesign (HTML, CSS) but I'm sure there are others who do it for a living. If not, I can help with that.

My only skill is marching in a dozen parades for various pols, and doing signature gathering (which sucks worse then anything). I can do some of the "Data gathering and tabulation" but no real experiance in it (wich is why I am not filling your PM box)

when the chiefs all figure out the where/when give this indian a call...

oh and the fotay is the tank buster...

My only skill is marching in a dozen parades for various pols, and doing signature gathering (which sucks worse then anything). I can do some of the "Data gathering and tabulation" but no real experiance in it (wich is why I am not filling your PM box)

when the chiefs all figure out the where/when give this indian a call...

oh and the fotay is the tank buster...

Believe it or not this is going to be crucial when it comes time to absolutely plaster every range, gun shop, overpass, etc etc with our message and goal.

- sent from forum runner using chisel and slate

get signs like this printed up and get local pro-2a buisness to put them up?
gun sign.jpg

There are plenty of other signs that we can make up that arnt 'angry' protest signs but instead get people to realise that guns are everywhere and not just going off at random...sort of getting people use to people carrying all the time. I know its not much help with the AWB problems but its a start getting the two differnt culture's (the non-gunners and pro-2a) on the same page.

Not gonna PM you as it wouldn't help.

I don't know anything about social media, but I'm willing to go to events and be part of the numbers.

I have a pretty good moustache going, so I don't know if that would help or hurt our cause.

Last edited:
get signs like this printed up and get local pro-2a buisness to put them up?
View attachment 49465

There are plenty of other signs that we can make up that arnt 'angry' protest signs but instead get people to realise that guns are everywhere and not just going off at random...sort of getting people use to people carrying all the time. I know its not much help with the AWB problems but its a start getting the two differnt culture's (the non-gunners and pro-2a) on the same page.

I do agree with this in principle. Most of the sheep around us ONLY see the cops / brinks (guys in uniform) with guns.
They have created this world in their heads that guns are bad and only people in uniforms should have them.

We need to break down this construct. Think about it, most people in Mass only know of guns from:
1) TV / Movies (bad guys with 10,000 round full auto glock 8cs)
2) Cops / security.

Our biggest problem is ignorance. We need to increase the knowledge over the long term.

We can't continue to hide like some pedophile.. We are the good neighbors, the good doctors, lawyers and cops, etc...

Not gonna PM you as it wouldn't help.

I don't know anything about social media, but I'm willing to go to events and be part of the numbers.

I have a pretty good moustache going, so I don't know if that would help or hurt our cause.

How are you with searching the web and compiling a huge list? Are you a google master?

- sent from forum runner using chisel and slate

Thinking more about this, I will need a group of people to simply get online and find information. Every single pro 2a group out there, gun retail website, etc etc. If your good with google, and know how to get creative with searching, I need you.

Thinking more about this, I will need a group of people to simply get online and find information. Every single pro 2a group out there, gun retail website, etc etc. If your good with google, and know how to get creative with searching, I need you.

My googlefu is a solid A-. I can help there in addition to the other items i mentioned.

HK first and foremost thank you for the manner in which you clearly communicate your message. That said when it is time to hang flyers. Go to businesses, shops and ranges. Do the shall we call it grunt work I would be more than happy to help however I can.

I don't have many of those skills. I think the only thing on that list i would be good at would be team leadership.

I am also a NRA certified instructor. I noticed another instructor posted as well, i wouldn't mind doing large classes at discounted prices.

I can offer location if Taunton is okay

House is large enough to accommodate quite a few people with plenty of parking in the driveway and cul-de-sac.

8' pool table, foosball, and air hockey for BS session before/after.

Verizion FIOS for WiFi and can set up multiple routers if one access point is overloaded (doubtful)

I'm sure I can get the finance department to free up some cash for refreshments.

HK first and foremost thank you for the manner in which you clearly communicate your message. That said when it is time to hang flyers. Go to businesses, shops and ranges. Do the shall we call it grunt work I would be more than happy to help however I can.

Thanks! [smile] Seeing the trainwreck over in that other thread, and the post I hotlinked by goal, its as obvious as a hole in the head this has to be so unbelievably precise and easy to understand. No multiple messages, or rouge ideas. One message, to the point, without sounding like someone who doesn't know what they are exactly all about

I have a military obligation this Saturday that I can't (legally) get out of. I would be interested in helping with speeches. Furthermore, I have contacts at the globe (my grandfather has worked there for 30-50 years running one of their programs), and I am happy to be a POC to relay stuff to Umass Amhersts official gun club myself and Mad Russian co-founded.

Mike

HK, GOAL has some stuff on the burner that will fold in nicely with what you are doing and where you are going with this.

The biggest of which, that I can discuss publicly at this time is this, we are working with legislators to get public hearings in which gun legislation is discussed out of the State House. In addition to getting them moved out of Boston and to a more central location, we are working to have them on a weeknight(s) or possibly weekend day.

When this happens we will fill the venue with GOAL members and have a good discussion with the reps and senators about the many issues.

It's time to bring real representation back to Massachusetts and this will be the first of many steps necessary to make that happen.

Back
Top Bottom