A couple .22's:

22s.jpg

A couple fortifies:

45s.jpg

The SIG family and friends plan:

sigz.jpg

my latest questionable impulse buy:

five7.jpg

The Pro is a great pistol.SIG snobs tend to knock them but truth is they are absolutely just as accurate as a "classic" and they have the best trigger of the bunch.I've considered selling mine a few times as it's the only .357SIG I own but it shoots too well and it's a fun,if expensive, round to shoot.

The FN is a neat looking,silly expensive .22Magnum for the most part-it's fun and it's accurate but I can't really defend the cost/useful(less)ness of it.It loses the point with the low-cap mags but I figured there would be a decent chance of the 5.7 "Cop Killer" round being banned at some point here...due to all of the hoodlums rushing out and blowing $1500 on a 10 shot pistol caliber plinker to shoot LEO's with.The Hornady VMax bullets do surprising things to filled 2 liter bottles for such a tiny little pill.

Last edited:
I also like the FN PS90 and thought the same thing; 10 round limit and the high cost of the 5.7's.[hmmm] I ended up getting the FS2000 but still looking at the PS90.
The Pro is a great pistol.SIG snobs tend to knock them but truth is they are absolutely just as accurate as a "classic" and they have the best trigger of the bunch.I've considered selling mine a few times as it's the only .357SIG I own but it shoots too well and it's a fun,if expensive, round to shoot.

The FN is a neat looking,silly expensive .22Magnum for the most part-it's fun and it's accurate but I can't really defend the cost/useful(less)ness of it.It loses the point with the low-cap mags but I figured there would be a decent chance of the 5.7 "Cop Killer" round being banned at some point here...due to all of the hoodlums rushing out and blowing $1500 on a 10 shot pistol caliber plinker to shoot LEO's with.The Hornady VMax bullets do surprising things to filled 2 liter bottles for such a tiny little pill.

I saw a 2000 on the expensive stuff rack at Four Seasons with an Eotech, I assumed it was an LEO demonstrator as it had a flash hider.

From a practical POV,I'd tell anyone to get a decent AR,a refurbed Glock and a case of ammo for each for the same $ but I remember the gun shop closest to me in NC selling an HK SP89 for $800 and one of the last Steyr AUG's for a grand and I thought both of them were absurdly expensive...and now I boot myself mightily that I didn't get them both when I had the chance.Now that I have the ammo and mag's,I've been thinking one of those 5.7 wierdo uppers for an AR would be cool when Rhineland makes them.

FWIW,5.7 was $20/box at Collector's,FS didn't have any but Carl was going to get me a few more boxes.It was $25 at M&M in Plymouth where I picked it up.

That was my FS2000 at Four Sesaons. I had it there for a couple of weeks while I was out of town. FN calls it a muzzle brake, not a flash hider, but I wouldn't care if it wasn't installed at all. It has become my all time favorite gun, even though my wallet got roughed-up a bit.

That was my FS2000 at Four Sesaons. I had it there for a couple of weeks while I was out of town. FN calls it a muzzle brake, not a flash hider, but I wouldn't care if it wasn't installed at all. It has become my all time favorite gun, even though my wallet got roughed-up a bit.

I love that thing too Bill. [wink]

I didn't see the end of it,just the side and assumed that it was actually a flash hider.Should've known better as my post-ban A2 AR has a replica muzzle brake - absolutely stupid that one's fine and not the other but there's no reasoning with people who can't understand that they don't actually hide flashes...

What's funny is that when I first started shooting,I had a fixation on having as many rounds in a gun as possible with folding stocks and... now I'd rather just hit what I'm aiming at.I got an HK SL8 and other than sublimating it black and plum have done nothing to it - no desire at all to make it into a G36 looking thing that I'd shoot the same way.I guess I'm sadly not very tactical,the 10 round mags don't bother me at all with it.

Back
Top Bottom