• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions November 2020-Firearms only

I had been wanting a 10mm revo for awhile and then S&W did a reintroduction of the 610 last year. But like all the new ones they had a Hilary hole and MIM parts . . . not a showstopper but I am a purist when it comes to my wheel guns. Well one of the unintended side effects of the reintro was that the original 610s came out of the stratosphere in pricing and were accessible (although still not cheap).

I got this one with box and docs and while the pics looked good it has exceeded my every expectation. There is a good chance it was not fired outside the factory. This is unfortunate for me because now I feel obligated to preserve it for posterity but I was buying it to shoot. We'll see.

Smith 610 left.jpg

Is the brake on upside down?
Yeah unfortunately it is. I reached out to the gunsmith that did the pin and weld job to see what can be done about correcting it.

UPDATE: Got it all straightened out...or should I say twisted 180 degrees.

Attachments

• 20201123_210732.jpg
    20201123_210732.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Tavor X95. ACOG is temporary, different optics on the way. 10" shorter than my AR still with a 16" barrel. Great for clearing a street or room. Takes real mags and will eat anything I shove down it's chamber! Other than "it looks weird" what can I say.

Attachments

• PXL_20201017_234158401.jpg
    PXL_20201017_234158401.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 54
Decided on a nostalgia build to keep my mind off things and celebrate the Marine Corps Birthday of 245 years.

Basically exactly as issued to me on Parris Island minus the broom handle and the vickers sling which were on my rifle just before I turned it into the armory after 8 years of service...the broom handle bipods come in handy in the field if you need to put your rifle down for anything (somewhat common with a trucking company and especially mechanics, myself included) to complete maintenance or otherwise.

Here we have my M16A4 clone, built on a PSA clone lower with markings for burst at the safety selector. The upper is a legit FN A4 upper with the same spec barrel and quad rail/carry handle as the one I learned to shoot with...even the rail covers are from knights armament. Every single piece of that rifle was memorized by heart. Countless hours staring at it in front of my face at port/present arms on the meat grinder (3rd battalion drill deck.) Every nut, pin, spring and clip is serviceable and accounted for...and looks like it rolled off the showroom floor (which is surprisingly as my PI issued rifle was, as we got the first batch of A4’s that the recruit depot had seen to date).

We were among the VERY LAST Marines (possibly THE last company) to be trained solely on iron sights, and even though I was issued an Acog at combat training just a few months later, I still consider that learning experience as a badge of honor. I’ve always felt it kind of a connection to the ‘old breed’ Marines that I could only dream were 10x tougher than any of the 03’s here (I just HAD to put in a troll because some of these asshats say I never served because I didn’t go to combat.) While I’m grateful for having never been shot at except behind the protection of a berm, it’s never a choice of an individual Marine...and I never met a single one that didn’t sign up to FIGHT!

without further ado:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Did they give you the reeses in the Corp too?😂. Nice looking unit👍

It was actually pretty common to see recruits pulling peanut butter packets from the chow hall out of their butt stocks after ‘lights out’ and sucking them down in the dark...never been so damn hungry in my life.

obviously not allowed, but the DI’s never caught on that I can remember. Would have fit well into the other litany of f***eries we got caught up in though.

Tried to plug up some holes in my toolbox this month. Grabbed a handful of 80% lowers, a Roni MCK to keep as a truck 'gun' and finally dipped toes into a bolt action rifle. Probably will pick up a shotgun and be happy sliding into the next 4 year freefall

Ruger PCC.
I won this in a raffle drawing for match staff at the GA State IDPA match held at our local club.
Picture of certificate is in New acquisitions - October thread.

On the certificate it says "please allow four to six weeks for delivery of your firearm following our receipt of both the completed certificate and a valid FFL"

I sent the paperwork out on 10/27 via certified mail; got a confirmation from Ruger on 10/30.
PCC arrived yesterday at my local FFL - that's an awful short four to six weeks.

I have one in CT that's "CT compliant" and like it a lot.
This is a "free state" model, complete with pistol grip and threaded barrel.
Swapped out the handgrip, mounted an optic and took it to the range this morning.
I already like this one more than the one in CT.

IMG_1766.JPG

Ruger PCC.
I won this in a raffle drawing for match staff at the GA State IDPA match held at our local club.
Picture of certificate is in New acquisitions - October thread.

On the certificate it says "please allow four to six weeks for delivery of your firearm following our receipt of both the completed certificate and a valid FFL"

I sent the paperwork out on 10/27 via certified mail; got a confirmation from Ruger on 10/30.
PCC arrived yesterday at my local FFL - that's an awful short four to six weeks.

I have one in CT that's "CT compliant" and like it a lot.
This is a "free state" model, complete with pistol grip and threaded barrel.
Swapped out the handgrip, mounted an optic and took it to the range this morning.
I already like this one more than the one in CT.

View attachment 413003
My buddy just ordered one. I think that's the best non-AR PCC out there. Love the rail on the receiver. Mlok handguad and magpul furniture.

A savage 110 in 6.5 Creedmoor that I bought off another NESr this past week.

I do NOT need another bolt action rifle.

Everyone I've spoken to about 6.5 Creedmore speaks highly of it.
I've got a Savage 110 up north in .308 - it doesn't look anything like that rifle.

Christmas presents for the grandchildren are more important than another bolt action rifle.
Christmas presents for the grandchildren are more important than another bolt action rifle.

Everyone I've spoken to about 6.5 Creedmore speaks highly of it.
I've got a Savage 110 up north in .308 - it doesn't look anything like that rifle.

Lolllll... its because it started life as a 110 Desert Tactical that he swapped into an XLR Element 2.0 chassis. I'm looking to dump optic for a Leopold Mk5 or Nightforce Compact

I like that Element Chassis. Right now I have a Gen1 and a Gen3 Element and I just took advantage of their BF sale and an Envy Pro is on it's way.
The Gen1 is on it's way back to them so that they can mill the inlet for my T1x.

Back
Top Bottom