New Acquisitions August 2020- Firearms only.

This is actually my son's rifle, the first firearm he has ever purchased.

It's a Czech made K98K 8MM Mauser, made in post-WWII 1945 for an Ethiopian contract. Has apparently sat in Ethiopia most of these years with a lot of storage and seemingly not much use. Bore has pretty well-defined lands and grooves. Was dirty but cleaned up well. The wood is pretty good, just showing age, storage bumps, and not much care. He is planning on cleaning it up to see how good it will look.

We got a small mount (70-75 rounds) of WWII-era Turkish ammo but his research indicates that it might not have aged well and may be a little hot for this rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 19
In Robert Parker's Westerns like Appaloosa the Deputy carried an eight.

I saw a video on that shotgun,the company that rents the gun to the movies didn't have an 8 bore.So they made one out of a 12 gauge making it look like an 8 bore.

I totally agree, I need to bolt it to the wall but first I have to confirm I have the right power tools.
I was able to put mine right over floor joists, 3 1/2 lags with home made 2x2x1/8 washers out of plate, short of someone with a lot of time and a sawzall cutting it apart, its not going anywhere

View attachment 379034
"Loafing around is exhausting" (yawn)
This is actually my son's rifle, the first firearm he has ever purchased.

It's a Czech made K98K 8MM Mauser, made in post-WWII 1945 for an Ethiopian contract. Has apparently sat in Ethiopia most of these years with a lot of storage and seemingly not much use. Bore has pretty well-defined lands and grooves. Was dirty but cleaned up well. The wood is pretty good, just showing age, storage bumps, and not much care. He is planning on cleaning it up to see how good it will look.

We got a small mount (70-75 rounds) of WWII-era Turkish ammo but his research indicates that it might not have aged well and may be a little hot for this rifle.

It is just not worth using turk ammo. look for something else.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AunvMjcJPHY

he cracked his stock even in his mauser in the video

It is just not worth using turk ammo. look for something else.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AunvMjcJPHY

he cracked his stock even in his mauser in the video

It's funny (ironic funny, not "ha-ha" funny") that you should post one of Ian's videos, this one in particular. My son developed a liking for milsurp rifles watching these videos. He now owns two milsurp rifles, both of which are older than his father.

Picked up what should've been my first gun.
Its was a dream gun since I was little, because I wanted to be Riggs.

Basic bitch dream gun.
Came with extended mag release and stainless steel recoil rod already installed.
Also got the 22LR conversion kit with it.
Mags are pre ban.

20200826_212830.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom