Is it just me, or do you also hate wading through all of the dealer ads, to get to the private seller guns for sale too.

Dealers pay $100/yr for their dealer accounts. So I pay for this account AND @Dean Safety . I choose to not post my WTS in the regular forums but just use the Dealer Classifieds, but the rules permit me to post where I want to.

Dealers cannot bump more often than anyone else. We have the same requirement to wait enough hours before we can post a bump.

On the old NES forum you could not block dealers. Now you can block dealers (individually) so you do not have to see their postings if you do not want to.

@Broccoli Iglesias As you damn well know I do not sell 40S&W and I do not sell Shields (or Taurus or highpoint or rock island or...)

Why don't dealers keep their ads in the dealer section, where they belong.
Because they don't "belong" in the dealer section. As we pay more than your minuscule $21/yr we get to post both in the regular classified AND the dealer section. There is always the ignore feature. I have to admit, I put Gun Parlor and a number of other useless dealers on ignore long ago and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Because they don't "belong" in the dealer section. As we pay more than your minuscule $21/yr we get to post both in the regular classified AND the dealer section. There is always the ignore feature. I have to admit, I put Gun Parlor and a number of other useless dealers on ignore long ago and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Um, So you say, dealer ads don't belong in the dealer section. So who's do belong in the dealer section?

C'mon man. Dealers pay more because dealers are here to make more dollars. That's the long and short of it.

Um, So you say, dealer ads don't belong in the dealer section. So who's do belong in the dealer section?
I am saying they dont belong exclusively in the dealer section. Your premise is that dealer ads should stay where they belong. They don't "belong" in the dealer section but in ALL the classified forum. Those are the rules and the terms of the $100/yr we dealers pay (by we I mean my dealer account @Dean Safety, known for posting Shields on a daily basis)

I am saying they dont belong exclusively in the dealer section. Your premise is that dealer ads should stay where they belong. They don't "belong" in the dealer section but in ALL the classified forum. Those are the rules and the terms of the $100/yr we dealers pay (by we I mean my dealer account @Dean Safety, known for posting Shields on a daily basis)
I only speak for myself when I say dealer ads have become a pain in the ass. I'm sure I'll end up blocking all dealers because of few.

C'mon man. Dealers pay more because dealers are here to make more dollars. That's the long and short of it.
I make fewer dealer postings than any number of green members. The vast majority of dealers make fewer dealer postings than any number of the high volume green members. Dealers are green members that have ADDITIONAL privileges, not fewer. We have our own forum. We have a communal dealers classified forum. We can delete posts in the dealer area (we clean up our own trash)

Just start ignoring the dealers that annoy you. We all know who the annoying ones are. If it was not uncool to do so, I would share my ignore list to get you started. The problem is that it would take down @Broccoli Iglesias and all his shadow accounts too

I make fewer dealer postings than any number of green members. The vast majority of dealers make fewer dealer postings than any number of the high volume green members. Dealers are green members that have ADDITIONAL privileges, not fewer. We have our own forum. We have a communal dealers classified forum. We can delete posts in the dealer area (we clean up our own trash)

Just start ignoring the dealers that annoy you. We all know who the annoying ones are. If it was not uncool to do so, I would share my ignore list to get you started. The problem is that it would take down @Broccoli Iglesias and all his shadow accounts too
I have to say That I don't run into alot of your ads. As you say and I agree, it's a handfull, usually without store fronts, that are the the real pains.

Dealers pay $100/yr for their dealer accounts. So I pay for this account AND @Dean Safety . I choose to not post my WTS in the regular forums but just use the Dealer Classifieds, but the rules permit me to post where I want to.

Dealers cannot bump more often than anyone else. We have the same requirement to wait enough hours before we can post a bump.

On the old NES forum you could not block dealers. Now you can block dealers (individually) so you do not have to see their postings if you do not want to.

@Broccoli Iglesias As you damn well know I do not sell 40S&W and I do not sell Shields (or Taurus or highpoint or rock island or...)
It takes about 6 seconds to peruse someone's ad.
Why would I block anyone?

Look at the ad and move on. Even the ads that have been bumped from 2019....

Crackpot, keep posting wherever/ whenever you want.

I don't live in NE so I don't read the ads. I don't block ad posters because I might want to read their others posts. So I have a bunch of extra clicks when I read NES to mark the classifieds as read so they don't show up when I click new posts. I don't know of a way to ignore the fireams clasifieds subforum as a whole.

I wonder the turn over on those "Custom" Glock 19s
They must be selling or someone would not bother bumping the ads
Not something I am interested in but I just look past the postings I am not into
But I also skip over all the private seller $800 Glocks as well

Last edited:
I have to say That I don't run into alot of your ads. As you say and I agree, it's a handfull, usually without store fronts, that are the the real pains.
I just added a dealer to my ignore list when they bumped 6 and posted a 7th all rapidly enough to show up nearly consecutively in the regular WTS forums. Easy fix

They belong wherever the owner of this forum says they do.

My buddy has been looking for a certain handgun. If TPNES wasn't posting in the section he did, I never would have seen it.

Thanks to dealers posting in the "wrong" forum, I was able to see the gun, IM TPNES and reserve it.

See, it works for everybody!

See ya Saturday :)

A more valid complaint would be dealers without dealer accounts selling here.

My buddy has been looking for a certain handgun. If TPNES wasn't posting in the section he did, I never would have seen it.

Thanks to dealers posting in the "wrong" forum, I was able to see the gun, IM TPNES and reserve it.

See, it works for everybody!

See ya Saturday :)

A more valid complaint would be dealers without dealer accounts selling here.
Oooohhhhh. Greg is going to the pokey. Straw purchase. Bad, bad, .... [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom