Is anyone missing ammo shipped by UPS? CEO says TWO-THIRDS of ammunition deliveries have gone MISSING

commodon

NES Member
Patrick Collins, CEO of TheGunFood.com, says he's "lost" thousands of dollars-worth of ammunition. Why? Because customers’ orders don’t always seem to make it to their doors — especially when delivering with UPS. In fact, he says out of 18,000 rounds of ammunition shipped through UPS, only a third were actually delivered. That's a lot of ammo to go missing. So, where is it?

Collins joined Glenn Beck on the radio program to detail the issue, the lengths his company has gone to work with the delivery service, and the lack of detailed response or explanation from UPS.

Collins said UPS blames the packaging even though his company has always "met and exceeded" all available packaging protocols.

"I have pictures of how the packages are packed (and) within the packages," he explained. "And I have all of that information. In fact, we changed our protocol here at TheGunFood.com to have our drivers, when they drop off the packages at the centers, they have to actually take a picture of it on the conveyor belt when UPS takes possession of our packages."

Collins also told Glenn his company isn't the only one to have ammunition go missing during delivery. "I know quite a few other folks, that have had well over $300,000 of ammunition gone missing. And it's really changed the way we have to do our business," he said.

"The Glenn Beck Program" reached out to UPS to ask why ammunition and gun sellers might be having these issues, but the shipping company didn't exactly answer the question.

"Dear Glenn Beck Program ... Regarding your question about shipping ammunition, as a common carrier, UPS transports ammunition that constitutes cartridges and small arms as defined in federal regulations. UPS has safety protocols to help ensure the safe transport of ammunition in our network. We work with our customers to address their concerns including those with packaging. You can find out more about how to ship your ammunition on UPS.com," Glenn read.

"Well, imagine if you got sloppy with ammunition and you were just kind of losing some from time to time. What would they accuse you of?" Glenn replied. "There's no excuse. It's either theft from their own employees or it is part of a hidden policy that is disrupting the flow of ammunition ... and their stonewalling here bothers me, because there should be an answer. What happened to it?"

From CEO says TWO-THIRDS of ammunition deliveries have gone MISSING with UPS

TSUSA added me to an Email chain with UPS.
Great customer service, I Emailed their sales department and they contacted UPS the same day, copied me.

UPS says it will arrive tomorrow. LOL.

My case is not the packaging, we all know TSUSA does a good job. And in the meantime I ordered 2 more times and the ammo arrived.

TSUSA added me to an Email chain with UPS.
Great customer service, I Emailed their sales department and they contacted UPS the same day, copied me.

UPS says it will arrive tomorrow. LOL.

My case is not the packaging, we all know TSUSA does a good job. And in the meantime I ordered 2 more times and the ammo arrived.
So far the only thing I've had go missing was my membership gift, UPS just never delivered it. Recently they've been leaving boxes by the street rather than by the house and that always freaks me out someone will steal it

Personally, I'd just drive out to The Mill and buy from one of those shops. Even if FS is a bit cheaper, I'm in favor of supporting small FFL.

I'm overdue for a Saturday trip! :oops:

Well, I guess the supply drops on the streets of Chiraq need to come from somewhere. Maybe the feds finally ran out of all the ammo they bought during Obama.

18,000 rounds. Could be 3.5 cases of 22. Or 18 cases of 9. Even at 72 cases of 12 GA, that's not a lot of shipments...
I would still like to understand the bad tags they talk about.

I shipped a box to Argentina. Messed up and added an extra number.

I used USPS - so never expected any good service.

3 months later the package was returned to me. It made it all the way down there, drove around in mailtrucks and came back to the U.S because it had my address on the top left. This was using USPS, not the most competent company.

UPS cannot return to sender in the U.S?
These packages have barcodes, addresses ... and they can't do it?

I dont buy that bullsh*t.

Something messed up is going on at UPS and it is not just ammo related.

I used to have stuff from Brownells shipped to my APO address in Chile. My understanding is that it would be routed from Miami International. Needless to say, not every package arrived.

I would still like to understand the bad tags they talk about.

I shipped a box to Argentina. Messed up and added an extra number.

I used USPS - so never expected any good service.

3 months later the package was returned to me. It made it all the way down there, drove around in mailtrucks and came back to the U.S because it had my address on the top left. This was using USPS, not the most competent company.

UPS cannot return to sender in the U.S?
These packages have barcodes, addresses ... and they can't do it?

I dont buy that bullsh*t.

Something messed up is going on at UPS and it is not just ammo related.
That could be true. I haven't had a lot of trouble with them.

I guess my point is that one shipper [allegedly] losing a significant amount of his packages sounds like anecdote, right? One small ammo dealer lost a dozen boxes. What about all the others? If they were seeing similar losses, you'd think the TS thread would be full of users whining "where is my ammo?" Failing that, it seems more likely his depot has issues. Maybe there's a dude losing stuff off the back of his truck? Maybe his driver is intentionally throwing his packages in the river? Maybe the dealer is trying to deflect from his triple-selling ammo like the airlines overbook seats?

M14CA was having a similar problem. Orders were places and shipped. Went through customs and hit California and someone was tagging the boxes as undeliverable and shipping them back.
I think the return address was Blackfeather not Joe's Guns or something similar.
Screenshot_20220805-182831_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20220805-182839_Facebook.jpg

So An amount of ammo which is equivalent to nothing didnt arrive at its location? That’s fake news right there

Gotta ask

"I have pictures of how the packages are packed (and) within the packages," he explained. "And I have all of that information. In fact, we changed our protocol here at TheGunFood.com to have our drivers, when they drop off the packages at the centers, they have to actually take a picture of it on the conveyor belt when UPS takes possession of our packages."

Why would they not have OOPS come and pick it up, and scan it into the system, at the shipper's facility?

That said, I've never had an issue with and ORM-D package. $30,000.00 machines, yes [laugh]

I wonder what the ratio for "Successful Ammunition Deliveries" is for Addressees Requiring Signature is...???

I hate having to sign... but it beats not receiving it because of theft.

Back
Top Bottom