• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Iowa city gets armored vehicle

I dont know what the rationale is.

The rationale is that 1) DOD has many more MRAPs than they want, so they will give police departments surplus MRAPs for free, and 2) that police chief wants a new cool toy so he can play army.

The rationale is that 1) DOD has many more MRAPs than they want, so they will give police departments surplus MRAPs for free, and 2) that police chief wants a new cool toy so he can play army.

I figured as much given a population of 7000.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure the mainentance costs on an MRAP are quite reasonable....

[rofl]

There's nothing more expensive than a free vehicle, I believe. That free motorcycle I got would have been cheaper to buy running in the end.

I bet that they don't maintain it. They park it in the PD parking lot, play with it until it breaks, and then just let it rot.

+1

How else would MSP/BPD have played during the lockdown?
Screen+Shot+2013-06-23+at+8.01.42+PM.png

I bet that they don't maintain it. They park it in the PD parking lot, play with it until it breaks, and then just let it rot.

You are so wrong, after they play with it they sell it at auction to their friend for pennies on the dollar.

That is a Bearcat bought new, IIRC it is a Ford F350 with most likely 7.3 IH diesel. That is not a surplus rig with who knows what for a spec sheet for parts.

Still, what purpose does it serve if the cops are going to ride on the outside holding on like day workers on a construction truck in the DR? Might as well tow a flatbed trailer behind a farm tractor.

No shit, Those folks don't have a clue what it costs when big equipment breaks down. There is no such thing a cheap fix on any diesel rig. Once a breakdown happens the DPW will take to their yard and stick it in the corner.

And 2 years later put a new machine in the budget.

No shit, Those folks don't have a clue what it costs when big equipment breaks down. There is no such thing a cheap fix on any diesel rig. Once a breakdown happens the DPW will take to their yard and stick it in the corner.

this. I remember when I was 17, the old man told me, "I can give you a car, the cost of keeping it up will break you!"
[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom