Interesting headstamps in my CMP ammo

jpm

Got a box of HXP yesterday from CMP and as I was counting and checking out headstamps (got about 204 total), I found 2 rather old rounds in the mix.

Both are TW headstamps (Twin Cities Armory) one is from 1952 and the other is 1943! Do these have any collectible value or just cool factor?

I wouldn't say dime a dozen, but it's not uncommon to get head stamps like that. Not sure about the year. Quick search of the CMP forums should tell you.

You'll probably find that you should just shoot it [smile]

-------------
Excuse the brevity, I'm mobile.

Figured it was curio factor only but it is kinda fun to treasure hunt thru that stuff.

I'd keep the '43 just because. It's got the cool factor going for it.

absolutely…if not, sell it to me…i treasure that kind of stuff.

my grandfather was on a ship off Iwo Jima…everything I find from that era, I keep.

as weird as it seems, it connects me to the man who inspired me to earn the title Marine. he joined the Navy first, the army second, and the air force last (just before Korea)…if this is the last generation of the United States as we know it…i'll fight to the death to make sure that his sacrifice was not in vain.

-iron mike

absolutely…if not, sell it to me…i treasure that kind of stuff.

my grandfather was on a ship off Iwo Jima…everything I find from that era, I keep.

as weird as it seems, it connects me to the man who inspired me to earn the title Marine. he joined the Navy first, the army second, and the air force last (just before Korea)…if this is the last generation of the United States as we know it…i'll fight to the death to make sure that his sacrifice was not in vain.

-iron mike

I was definitely going to hang onto it just for the cool factor, wasn't planning to shoot it. But it sounds like it would mean more to you than it does to me so if we can figure out the logistics, its all yours. Merry Christmas!

Never had the chance to decide on mine...there was a large spot of corrosion on the side of the case....I squeezed it and the whole thing popped like a zit!

T

Back
Top Bottom