Individual fires gun at door of burning home in efforts to rescue man trapped inside in Stoneham

Coda

NES Member
I am assuming that the door was locked and the guy was trying to get the door open in an attempt to save somebody's life.

But this in MA where you are not allowed to same somebody else's life with a gun. Most times you are not even allowed to save your own life with a gun,

I am assuming that the door was locked and the guy was trying to get the door open in an attempt to save somebody's life.

But this in MA where you are not allowed to same somebody else's life with a gun. Most times you are not even allowed to save your own life with a gun,
they'll get gummed up for trying to help

Because he thought shooting out the lock would work just like on tv.

Pro-tip: kick the door. Purposefully, forcefully and with conviction. Most home doors don’t have reinforced jambs. Wood breaks.
This. You would be shocked how little force it takes to kick in a door. When replacing my exterior door years ago I gave it a try on the old door. And turning around and giving it a good backwards donkey kick in the right spot works pretty good, too.

Pro-tip: kick the door. Purposefully, forcefully and with conviction. Most home doors don’t have reinforced jambs. Wood breaks.
Never learned that method on the FD.

My double steel door opened up like a .50 whore with just my shoulder even with the dead bolt in the header.
I’ve got Gunsmoke on the tv right now. I’ll study the tactics of shooting open a door more closely.

This. You would be shocked how little force it takes to kick in a door. When replacing my exterior door years ago I gave it a try on the old door. And turning around and giving it a good backwards donkey kick in the right spot works pretty good, too.
And I’m looking at my flipflops right now thinking “ow”

Maybe he tried that first and it did not work, or was not physically capable of kicking in a door.

It sounds like a movie stunt, but I really do believe the guy had good intentions.

Maybe he tried that first and it did not work, or was not physically capable of kicking in a door.

It sounds like a movie stunt, but I really do believe the guy had good intentions.
I agree with you that he had good intentions- just poor tactics.

Never learned that method on the FD.

My double steel door opened up like a .50 whore with just my shoulder even with the dead bolt in the header.
I’ve got Gunsmoke on the tv right now. I’ll study the tactics of shooting open a door more closely.
I've kicked in plenty of doors in the fire department.

Hell, I've even kicked in doors at the wrong address at the fire department. [rofl]

I wouldnt use my shoulder to force a door. My shoulders not made to smash shit. My foot with a boot is, though.

And I agree it was poor tactics but a least the guy tried something.

It just sucks that the guy may get jammed up for this, because it is guns and it is MA.
Did anyone bother to read the first line?

That individual, who is not being named at this time, was licensed to carry and is not facing charges at this time.

The photo of the home shows it to be a single story cape. The windows are about four feet off of the ground. No thought to actually break the window of the bedroom itself? Or the trapped person simply open it and bail? Wondering how they knew someone was in that room? Neighbor???

Frankly having been inside a burning building without any SCBA, you don't last all that long. It ISN'T anything like TV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom