In the doghouse/ Christmas ruined/ AR build

FIL is a confused, brainwashed douchenozzle, but it's not really his fault.

The anti gun propaganda out there taught him very well that that pistol grip on the lower receiver was the telltale sign that he was dealing with a machine gun- an assault rifle; same thing, ya know...

Not to defend his behavior, but is it possible the "if I call the police" comment was just his way of asking "so is this thing REALLY legal?! Wink wink, nudge, nudge!?

AA

Dear OP
BTDT - I can't condone the "belowing the belt" but I can say that when my folks came to my first apt, I talked with them in the kitchen for about 30 minutes - the fridge door was open the whole time...

Ma complained about being cold - I went to the wall and moved the dial - Ma won't be cold in my house. I also had a blanket handy.

You will never "win", just be ready to battle and win on your ground - when in his house - if you ever see it again - just concede and be civil.

Fact is - you disagree and if either one is close minded then you both lose

"Call the police" = she loves, she loves you not.

Prep for July = She divorce you, she divorce you not...

Dude wth is up with the holidays? It seems like the antis wait for holidays to attack.

Just had a night out and the convo with an acquaintance went from ferguson to police pointing military weapons at people to gun ownership and how you're pretty much gonna get shot if you own a gun.

I kept my cool and then was told I had a little pecker cause I'm asian... This coming from the anti racist, there is no reason to point guns at black people ever, pro ferguson marcher.

The good thing is she isn't an in law. Sucks for you.
Can we start a kickstarter fund to build that d bag's daughter her own AR named after him?

I don't know if I am over tired or immature but this made me heave with laughter...guess i wasn't expecting to read that [laugh]

LOL I played cool and said "well one thing unrelated to the other..."

Kinda sad she ran out of things to say and resorted to that.

Safe to say reason did not prevail and we will not be gaining an NES member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a chick said that to me I would have gone in for the kill....I don't mind if my friends say it to me because after all I am Irish [rofl] but some anti with an attitude lashing out would have ended up in tears.. good job keeping your cool

just another thought on this...

as I get older, I increasingly find myself in situations where the elder generation of my family acts irrationally, like children, and I have to be the calm voice of reason, the adult. it's an inevitable role reversal and once you acknowledge this and accept it then the interactions become a little easier. kids and old people are STUBBORN as cats.

Hey, you want jello after dinner? then enough about the guns gramps! Now don't pout--oh look, 60 minutes is on! Go watch your stories and I'll bring you your jello.

Is it possible/advisable in this kind of situation to call the local pd non emergency number and report a case of threatened swating? Not that you want to start any problems, you are just worried about him taking thing out of context and wasting police resources

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I hope your kidding, right?

Seems to me he was being really condescending towards his daughter--after all, your wife is an adult woman who can make up her own mind about what she is or is not okay with in her home. Smacks of more than a little sexism, too, denying her agency like that.

Not that I would have acted any different or as eloquent as OP, but the parenting remark was just as over the top as the police calling comment. 2 wrongs don't make a right. One response nailed it. He was probably fearful due to years of MSM misinformation. At a minimum, as misguided as he is, he was showing love for his daughter. From his perspective only, of course.

So from now on, you need to have a real rifle handy. You know, something that can actually survive and thrive delivering a vertical buttstroke.
Think, "get off my lawn". Because the holidays are about giving. Your wife is probably thrilled, in the long run, that you aren't a black and white kind of guy.

so when you visit there house for Xmas Dinner, will you carry :D
and when he asks you if you are will you tell him?
The only way he wins that scenario is if the wife meanwhile obtains an ltc and also carries to that event. Kicking out the sil is one thing. Kicking out his own daughter...

Too late for this Christmas of course, but there is always next year.

him- "well I don't feel comfortable with this being in the house that my daughter lives in"

?

My simple response to this question would have been, well we have two choices here.

She go back to your house and live with you.

Or you can STFU and realize we are adults and this is our house.

I dont know if you have kids, sounds like you dont. But id get this shit squared away before he starts in with the grandkid safety bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well handled, you're probably upset for losing it a little, but I think you handled it like a champ. He is in your house telling you what to do, impeding your rights. He had it coming. Glad your wife is with you on this one. No harm in letting her know that you are sorry for the tension this builds during the holidays.

Also let her know that you you respect her ability to make her own choices and that you will defend her rights just as strongly as you defended your rights.

op, my first responce when reading was F**K him i hate anti's. But being a married man you might want to call up be the bigger man and apologise for your wifes sake. woman get crazy and emotional around this time of year for some reason. I'm pretty lucky with the FIL he was in the polish army during the cold war loves hard alcohol, fire arms and fishing.

op, my first responce when reading was F**K him i hate anti's. But being a married man you might want to call up be the bigger man and apologise for your wifes sake. woman get crazy and emotional around this time of year for some reason. I'm pretty lucky with the FIL he was in the polish army during the cold war loves hard alcohol, fire arms and fishing.

in my opinion OP doesn't need to apologize for being right. especially when the dude came to his house and then made a threat to call the cops to come check out his property and his possessions?

nah man. **** that. in large big red letters. ****. that.

Wow I lol'ed a lil. That might be the beginning of mutual respect. My FIL and MIL are not gun people and we had an argument similar but not as colorful. They soon realized lots of people they know and were lifetime friends with have guns and just said well crap, if all these people have guns I guess you guys need them too.

My FIL tried to bond with me once by talking about how his father had a 22 rifle. My FIL has never shot a gun Haha. If I trusted him a little more I would bring him to the range but I worry a little on his suitability/age.

Edit:
Read post 97. Good for your wife. She is married to you at the end of the day and I think that was the right choice to hear you out and believe you. It shows a deep level of trust. Sounds like Christmas is saved.

I can only assume the part that pissed her off the most was you FIL mentioning calling the cops. That was his low blow. That to me said, I don't like you and if I wanted I will try to have you arrested.

Last edited:
Don't let it ruin Christmas. Let it ruin his. We all know the country has a population of hoplophobes , anti freedom sheep , brainwashed fools and Dick heads in general , tell that guy he ain't welcome in your house.

Personally I think he already was the bigger man by not making the guy spit chicklets. He showed an amazing amount of restraint. If anything he is owed an apology.

in my opinion OP doesn't need to apologize for being right. especially when the dude came to his house and then made a threat to call the cops to come check out his property and his possessions?

nah man. **** that. in large big red letters. ****. that.

I agree. the FIL deserved a punch in the head. these anti's act like little babies it will get worse before it gets better. i was more implying, does he want to live with a crying wife for the holidays if h'e fine with it. screw the FIL. for his wifes sake he might want to be a bigger man. thats all. its his wife and his life. I personally would suck it up for my wife and as soon as the holidays are over i would never let prick in my house again and i would let him know how i really feel about him and his anti ways.

Screw that. Buy an 80% AK kit. Build it up partway. Next time you're over at his house - leave it down in his basement wrapped up in old box or something and shove it up into the rafters.

Make sure you wipe all your prints off of it.

Then drop a dime on his ass to the cops and tell them your father in law has been threatening you - and seems unstable because he alternates between threatening you and asking you to buy gun parts for him because he's been "working on something" - and you know he doesn't have a license.

Watch the hilarity ensue.

Or drop a couple rounds in his car when he's not paying attention and drop the dime

Back
Top Bottom