Impressive Firepower:Machine Gun

AHHH!!! So bad for the barrel...
that thing is sweet. another reason I need to hit the lottery so I can open up a manufacturing company so I can play with stuff like that for "research".

Well, if you join up you can play with them all you want[wink]

On a serious note, I would tell you that firing machine guns looses it's appeal; but, that would be a lie. They are just as fun the 1000th time as they were the 1st.

GREAT VIDEO !

Basically an updated M60.

Which in turn was based on a WWII German gun. A great design just keeps on giving !

Don't recall firing the M60 being at that much fun, though.

Probably had something to do with the weather.

And the fact they never let us fire them like that !!

As far as dipping the Barrel in water (shudder). I believe the metallurgy may be affected somewhat.

Last edited by a moderator:
More M60 stuff:

[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8b6_1293300156[/video]

Apparently the M60 has been retired. Did they scrap them all ?

Last edited:
That'd be the MG42, the baddest piece in machine gun development to date.
....and the hog is a lame excuse of a machine gun compared to an MG42[laugh]

bigL.jpg

[wink] Of course you say that. It's from your motherland!

Seriously though, looks like you could put the buttstock of that gun up against your nutsack and fire away all day. Non-existent recoil? Pretty cool.

I remember shooting the G3 during an exercise with some german comrades from an airborne engineer batallion. Everybody loved it, especially from the "Lafette". Much lighter and accurate than the AA52 we were using.

Not because of that. I have fired enough ammo out of MG1's (converted 42's) and MG3's, courtesy of the .gov,
to speak from experience. Wish, I had all that 7.62x51, that'd last me a lifetime and then some.

Oh man I'm so glad I picked up a shitload of Portuguese 7.62 NATO right before all the madness happened. I'm sitting on it for now and don't even want to shoot it. Crazy thing is I could probably sell it for twice what I paid for it.

That is sweet, the low recoil really shows on the shot grouping when shown on the paper target. Really makes me miss the days of humping the M60 in the platoon.

Back
Top Bottom