IMPORTANT: Denied an LTC-A ALP??? Please send me your letters.

I'm not so sure that this whole letter writing plan is such a good idea. As a tactic, it might be better to present the letters to GOAL and let GOAL use them as ammo if there is a need. To go marching indesciminately around the Statehouse presenting letters attacking the veracity and mindset of local police chiefs could poison personal opinions of H2259. In the very least I think you should contact Jim Wallace at GOAL and run this plan by him. GOAL has worked long and hard on H2259 and doesn't need someone out there operating as a renegade and burning GOAL's bridges.

No disrespect meant toward the OP, SecondAmdFirst. Just a request to slow down and be careful.

I am in the mode of gathering the information. I do intend to consult with GOAL on the matter before presenting anything.

Also, no offense, but probably more people trust GOAL. I know I wouldn't send my personal info to a forum poster I'd never met.

If you wish to meet, I will be at a NES get together Friday Feburary 5th 7:30pm at Joe's American Bar and Grill in Woburn, MA. Of coarse, if anyone would like to chat one on one and hit the range, I am open. My attempt is to try and change the feelings that "CLEOs know best" and I have noticed that nobody else has taken up the torch.

Agreed.

SecondAmdFirst, why not get together with someone at GOAL and do this right. Real letters vs forum PM's will have much more weight as well. The folks at GOAL, having experience in these matters, can use the information to greater effect.

Thanks for fighting for us. Lets just do this smartly.

The PM is just for helping to get well written, concise letters. Per the original post, once it is in a good form, the creator will sign and submit a physical letter. Again, I will be consulting with Jim at GOAL, but am trying to do the leg work.

If you wish to meet, I will be at a NES get together Friday Feburary 5th 7:30pm at Joe's American Bar and Grill in Woburn, MA. Of coarse, if anyone would like to chat one on one and hit the range, I am open. My attempt is to try and change the feelings that "CLEOs know best" and I have noticed that nobody else has taken up the torch.

Jim Wallace deserves to know what your intentions are before doing something rash. It would be a simple common courstesy to talk to him. Surely that wouldn't be a problem.

Edit: You type faster than me. Glad you are talking to Jim.

Jim Wallace deserves to know what your intentions are before doing something rash. It would be a simple common courstesy to talk to him. Surely that wouldn't be a problem.

Edit: You type faster than me. Glad you are talking to Jim.

Just to be clear, I have not talked to Jim yet, but left a message. I WILL NOT be doing anything with these letters before coordinating with him. Realistically, it's going to take several weeks to get the letters, work with people to edit them, and then receive the signed physical copies. I certainly do not want to undermine his efforts, but this is an area that has not been addressed.

If it were me, I'd be reluctant to provide any personally identifiable information regarding this subject for the indended purpose here to anyone - even someone I knew. Providing this kind of information to an organization like GOAL with a specific purpose in mind and where anonymity of the respondant would be protected makes a lot more sense to me....and even then I'd be hesitant. The idea "sounds" good......the thought/intent might be in the right place, but something like this could very easily backfire if mishandled or mismanaged in any way - causing major headaches for folks that will undoubtedly wish they kept their private info - private (or otherwise had STFU). I trust no one anyways so my info and story will stay with me.

Last edited:
If it were me, I'd be reluctant to provide any personally identifiable information regarding this subject for the indended purpose here to anyone - even someone I knew. Providing this kind of information to an organization like GOAL with a specific purpose in mind and where anonymity of the respondant would be protected makes a lot more sense to me....and even then I'd be hesitant. The idea "sounds" good......the thought/intent might be in the right place, but something like this could very easily backfire if mishandled or mismanaged in any way - causing major headaches for folks that will undoubtedly wish they kept their private info - private (or otherwise had STFU). I trust no one anyways so my info and story will stay with me.

Qmmo, do you have some suggestions on how we can change this? I'm open to any ideas. My concern is that without a name and a town the reps. will just think these are all made-up. Can you think of something we can do to minimize risk for NES'ers, but still give some solid useful information?

Complimentary bump for a good post. Out of curiosity, what kind of Sig is that in your, uh, sig there, SecondAmdFirst? [grin]

I just pulled that down as a logo, but from looking at it, I'm going to guess a P226 Equinox with wood grips. That is the only one I saw on the site that has that coloration on the slide.

Qmmo, do you have some suggestions on how we can change this? I'm open to any ideas. My concern is that without a name and a town the reps. will just think these are all made-up. Can you think of something we can do to minimize risk for NES'ers, but still give some solid useful information?

An organization such as GOAL with decades of focus on firearms rights and 1000s of man hours of experience dealing with the political machine in this State would be the right place to ask that kind of question. No offense intended, but I don't get a warm and fuzzy when a well intended but perhaps misguided individual, acting on their own, rushes ahead and jams a monkey wrench into the mechanism or process that currently determines whether or not I can own a firearm. It is no doubt a crappy situation we have here in MA, but we really need to slow down and think things through. My first "Law" of life comes to mind - at the end of the rainbow there is always a pile of sh$t - a phrase muttered to me and another patrolman by our Sgt. many years ago at the end of a high speed chase by a neighboring city that did not end real well in our town.

An organization such as GOAL with decades of focus on firearms rights and 1000s of man hours of experience dealing with the political machine in this State would be the right place to ask that kind of question. No offense intended, but I don't get a warm and fuzzy when a well intended but perhaps misguided individual, acting on their own, rushes ahead and jams a monkey wrench into the mechanism or process that currently determines whether or not I can own a firearm. It is no doubt a crappy situation we have here in MA, but we really need to slow down and think things through. My first "Law" of life comes to mind - at the end of the rainbow there is always a pile of sh$t - a phrase muttered to me and another patrolman by our Sgt. many years ago at the end of a high speed chase by a neighboring city that did not end real well in our town.

I am trying to get in touch with Jim (left him a message already). Bear in mind, I am NOT going to act with any letters without working through Jim. Again, this is going to take me a while to pull together anyways. I'm just trying to get this process started and do the leg work. My rights are on the line too and I would never want to do something to screw up H.2259 or any other things GOAL is working towards.

And no offense intended to you, but the fight has to start somewhere. Things aren't going to "get" better in Mass., this will require action by guys like us.

And no offense intended to you, but the fight has to start somewhere. Things aren't going to "get" better in Mass., this will require action by guys like us.

Well, after several comments (not yours), it's pretty much dead now. I'm starting to understand how the moonbats are kicking the crap out of us in this state.

Last edited:
I'm restricted to sporting but that's partly my fault i think. i applied for my ltc before finding this site and didn't even realize there were restrictions. i received the ltc and thought that was it, until i got home, and noticed the "sporting" restriction and the paper that came with it. i was never told it was going to be sporting or that i would not get an alp. again i did not even know there were restrictions - so i didn't even ask.

i haven't gone back on it as i was going to wait for the next re-up. i figure it will give me time under my belt so to speak and show them I'm responsible.

Last edited:
Well, after that comment and several others, it's pretty much dead now. I'm starting to understand how the moonbats are kicking the crap out of us in this state.

I think your heart is in the right place, but you've only been posting here for a couple of months and some of your posts have been...let's just say...a bit off. If one of the mods or one of the more senior member vouched for you or got behind the idea people might feel a bit more comfortable. Just my 2 cents....

I think your heart is in the right place, but you've only been posting here for a couple of months and some of your posts have been...let's just say...a bit off. If one of the mods or one of the more senior member vouched for you or got behind the idea people might feel a bit more comfortable. Just my 2 cents....

Well, just like everyone else, I have the right to express my opinion. I have not always agreed with what others say, but have not jumped all over others unless they have done so to me. I have been on NES for a while longer, but the date changed when I had Derek change my screen name (realized it wasn't a good idea to have my surname in there). However, none of this has anything to do with my sincerity or integrity. Bear in mind that it is my rights too that are involved. I would not do anything that would put my rights or the rights of others at risk. I simply saw something that it seemed nobody was addressing and wanted to help. Hopefully I will hear back from Jim Wallace, but have heard nothing yet.

Well, after that comment and several others, it's pretty much dead now. I'm starting to understand how the moonbats are kicking the crap out of us in this state.

I think you misinterpreted GSG's post.... it wasn't really directed at you, per se, but rather at the notional that doing nothing is a good idea. It's obviously not.

This would be a viable concept, but I don't think you're going to get many people signing on unless it was GOAL or someone like that running it. (and collecting the letters... )

-Mike

Last edited:
I think you misinterpreted GSG's post.... it wasn't really directed at you, per se, but rather at the notional that doing nothing is a good idea. It's obviously not.

This would be a viable concept, but I don't think you're going to get many people signing on unless it was GOAL or someone like that running it. (and collecting the letters... )

-Mike

My comment wasn't directed to GSG, just a comment in general.

My comment wasn't directed to GSG, just a comment in general.

post #41 GSG quoted and was posting to qmmo

post #42 you quoted GSG (whose quote was not to or about your post) and said "Well, after that comment and several others, it's pretty much dead now. I'm starting to understand how the moonbats are kicking the crap out of us in this state."

imho it sounded to me like you were directing it, at least in part, to GSG.

post #41 GSG quoted and was posting to qmmo

post #42 you quoted GSG (whose quote was not to or about your post) and said "Well, after several comments (not yours), it's pretty much dead now. I'm starting to understand how the moonbats are kicking the crap out of us in this state."

imho it sounded to me like you were directing it, at least in part, to GSG.

Fixed it

Thanks Cyee. I got the letter, but no identifying information. This bring up a good point for discussion. I'm sure people are concerned about identifying themselves, as the chief could potentially retaliate later. However, I am sure the reps. will not take them seriously without identifying the person. It's like signing a petition "anonymous". I am willing to put my name to it, but I probably will not be in Medford later and, even if I am here, I have no problem fighting and claiming the chief's decision was for retaliation. So does anyone have any suggestions? I especially understand those with ALP that are up for renewal soon. Not really sure what the chief can do if he already gave restricted.

When I asked for volunteers from MA (I called them "Freedom Fighters") to go the State House and protest any delay in confirmation should Scott Brown be elected our next senator, SecondAmdFirst was the ONLY person from MA to respond and answer that call. The ONLY one. I also received a response from a NES member living in NH who offered to be there and bring a number of his friends and associates with him. Pretty pathetic, huh? Only one NES member from MA and a NH resident and his freinds and assocates were willing to fight for MA citizens rights.

At least SecondAmdFirst is trying to DO something besides whine, piss and moan.

SecondAmdFirst:

I'm on my way to work but I will write you later this evening and send you details of my own experiences. Maybe together we can figure out how to coordinate your efforts with those of GOAL.

Last edited:
We also might want to get Scrivener involved because he has started to collect experiences from people who are getting non-standard requests for LTCs.

Back
Top Bottom