I'm sick and tired

of this f'n snow!

I loaded the back of my truck last nite with various jugs filled with water,which by now are all frozen solid which make for epic explosions of chunks of ice with bits of plastic being thrown 20 feet into the air.I was going to go to the range today and blow them up with some South African 180 grain soft points,culminating with the destruction of a 2 gallon laundry soap container.

It looks about 8" so far and no sign of letting up.

This completely sucks.

of this f'n snow!

I loaded the back of my truck last nite with various jugs filled with water,which by now are all frozen solid which make for epic explosions of chunks of ice with bits of plastic being thrown 20 feet into the air.I was going to go to the range today and blow them up with some South African 180 grain soft points,culminating with the destruction of a 2 gallon laundry soap container.

This completely sucks.

We have about the same here and it's still coming down heavily.

The thing is it's fluffy dry stuff so you can't even go to the range and make snowmen to blow up. [frown]

The thing is it's fluffy dry stuff so you can't even go to the range and make snowmen to blow up. [frown]

Shooting snowmen - I haven't done that in years. Thanks for the reminder, if it ever warms up enough to get some snow to stick together, I'm killing Frosty. [wink]

Now, I'm off to see if my buddy's plow truck will run. Figures he's be in Vegas this week, missing out on more snow.

I hate basing what I bring to the range on what I can stand losing brass for, instead of what I want to shoot. Not that I don't like my revolvers, 22LRs or shooting surplus nonreloadable ammo, but sometimes I like to shoot 223 and 308 faster than a bolt action.

We have about the same here and it's still coming down heavily.

At least the fluffy dry stuff is easy to shovel. I'll take it over the mix of icy crap we had last week.

At least the fluffy dry stuff is easy to shovel. I'll take it over the mix of icy crap we had last week.

True. But when it comes to blowing up snowmen this stuff just doesn't cut it.

Greg,

Why did you put all that stuff out last night? You should have just waited till this morning.

of this f'n snow!

This completely sucks.

I learned the hard way that Coke Zero freezes much faster than Regular Coke. Much faster.

On a completely unrelated note, don't keep canned soda in your trunk.

Except my damn flight was canceled and I don't get to go back to school until tomorrow!

This state really just puts a vice grip on your nuts and doesn't let go.

saving brass

I hate basing what I bring to the range on what I can stand losing brass for, instead of what I want to shoot. Not that I don't like my revolvers, 22LRs or shooting surplus nonreloadable ammo, but sometimes I like to shoot 223 and 308 faster than a bolt action.

I started bringing a drop cloth I use @ work to the range and spreading it out behind me to my right. So far it has worked great. I realize this won't work well @ some ranges due to crowding and furniture but it has worked very well for me.

Shooting snowmen - I haven't done that in years. Thanks for the reminder, if it ever warms up enough to get some snow to stick together, I'm killing Frosty. [wink]

HEY! I take that kinda violent talk rather personally.

[smile]

Been there, done that, had ta clean up that mess.

[sad]

I was lucky, the box soaked up most of it. I'll have to pull the carpeted cover over the spare out once this snow stops and wash it along with the car, but for now I'm just glad it wasn't in the passenger compartment.

Went to Georgetown Fish and Game today. They had the "battle of the bulge". All WWII stuff. It was cold and snowy, but great.

Learn to ski.
fce32f95.gif

Dallas is like NYC without the arrogance, overwhelming liberalism, and downright rudeness. I'll take it over any northeastern city any day.

Learn to ski.
fce32f95.gif

I used to snowboard 60+ times a year,I was even an instructor when I lived in Lake Tahoe..

I went once the first year I was here,and the terrain and snow completely sucked ass.Have not gone since,these are not mountains on the East coast,they are only large hills.

Otherwise I would be rejoicing every time it snows.[smile]

Dallas is like NYC without the arrogance, overwhelming liberalism, and downright rudeness. I'll take it over any northeastern city any day.
A number of years back, a headhunter approached a friend of mine, pitching a job in TX. His response was "I don't know a lot about Texas, but my impression is rattlesnakes, fire ants, killer bees, and a**h***s wearing cowboy boots driving pickup trucks." The headhunter's response was "I haven't seen any killer bees." [rofl]

Different strokes for different folks. As I said, I spent a year there. I hated the place. Still do. I'm not a fan of NYC either. I find Boston to be quite different from NYC. Boston has its share of issues, no doubt.

I used to snowboard 60+ times a year,I was even an instructor when I lived in Lake Tahoe..

I went once the first year I was here,and the terrain and snow completely sucked ass.Have not gone since,these are not mountains on the East coast,they are only large hills.

Otherwise I would be rejoicing every time it snows.[smile]

I'd have to disagree with you. There is some excellent terrain here in NE. Yes, it's not Vail or Breckenridge, but there is great skiing. Plus if you want to have some great bowl skiing, you just head up to Tuckerman's Revine at the end of the season. Yes, you have to climb but it's well worth it.

As to the OP, I say "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!!" [smile]

A number of years back, a headhunter approached a friend of mine, pitching a job in TX. His response was "I don't know a lot about Texas, but my impression is rattlesnakes, fire ants, killer bees, and a**h***s wearing cowboy boots driving pickup trucks." The headhunter's response was "I haven't seen any killer bees." [rofl]

Different strokes for different folks. As I said, I spent a year there. I hated the place. Still do. I'm not a fan of NYC either. I find Boston to be quite different from NYC. Boston has its share of issues, no doubt.

Hah, that's pretty funny. I hate NYC, for already stated reasons.

Back
Top Bottom