I'm Moving out of MA!!!

Ill Keep Everyone Posted!

Course it will be a few weeks of off-line downtime till I get a paycheck or two so that I can dell up a laptop to have over there. Can't afford one yet, but once a check or two comes in I can make some payments on that sucker no worries. But year its pretty surreal having to make the first real big move of my life for at least a 13 months, and most likely 3-5 times that... maybe 5-10years if I like the area! so who knows... Got some boxes to pack up my room to get stuff shipped out there. Its really just like wow, here it comes get ready! in 4 days I will be on a plane headed out of here.... wowsers! Just really shocked at all the support and thank you's and good lucks I have gotten its really great and it does pick my spirits up, so thanks so much everyone for that! Sad thing is no gun's on the campus, I was going in my few months of downtime, was start fitting together a 1911.... cycle the slide on a frame a few thousand times with some lapping compound while reading about immigration law. [smile] [laugh] While it may not be able to fire... Their rule is very strict no guns, instant ejection, I don't wanna press my luck and blow it before I have it!

Im in New Mexico!!!

And its HOT! sometimes.... and dry as hell! Due to THEM watching and me being in a lab I will keep it short and brief and not too detailed. Liking the academy the PT is hard but thats good, the academics is challenging and thats good as well. Learning some tactics gun retention, some fighting skills and a whole ton of law stuff. Looks like it will be a blast thanks for all the support you guys showed in shuffling me off when I first started and I am sure its still hanging around. Its an amazing opportunity and I really wanna clamp down on its short and curlies! [smile][shocked] The pay and benies rock so I really cant wait to finish up the academy, (july 12th) May 12th officially but gotta do a bunch spanish after as well. I will fill you guys and gals in when its more appropriate. Glad to see that 2A debacle in washington has a somewhat positive vibe to it, I haven't been able to keep tuned to as many issues as I like. My day starts at 530 am and runs all the way to 530 at night and then tons of homework after that. Lucky if i can hit the sheets before 1030 or 11.

Ok im done with me spewing and (most ) people only mildly caring! [wink] Oh, the HKP2000 is pretty sweet... they got us shooting with a straight on weaver stance as opposed to the isocles that I have done with my lil 9000s for like... 3K rounds. It's hard to unlearn and shoot their way at least most of my groups are still in the 5's at the 5 and 15yrd lines. I will try and post again in the near future! Adios!

DAMN IT!!!!! I saw the thread and was praying you were moving to NH. Hey you'll love NM... You'll be amazed what it's like to not have the .gov trying to control your life. I am happy for you. Please post pics when you get there.

Dang!!

Good Response time guys!! hahah!
I would post some pics D but sadly being in a "secured federal facility" such things are prohibited. But some good things.... since I will have a federal position.... I get a master badge... this means ALL OF THE RULES REALLY DONT APPLY. Ballistic knives, daggers, hi-cap mags, and any gun I want on or OFF that silly MA list can be mine. muah hahaha! fantastic! Odd to go from shopping on the super secret list to being able to get anything I want! It will be untill july till I can dive into building that .45 that I so lovingly want to build from scratch due to not being able to have guns on campus here. Also another thing, allgedly, the BP just.... GIVES away ammo. in .40 cal for shooting and practice. boxes every weekend to go practice. I cant even mention how much the idea of this moves me to tears. going from holding onto 10 rnds of 9mm to having a near limitless supply of ammo at my fingertips! Sigh.... life will be good just gotta go hit the grindstone and graduate. Well speaking of which I need to go do that now! thanks for all the kindness guys and will be sure to keep ya guys (and gals) in the loop!

One very important thing to remember when going into a fast food place down there. Wear something over your uniform, it is very hard to get served when most of the help is running out the back door. LOL[rofl]

One very important thing to remember when going into a fast food place down there. Wear something over your uniform, it is very hard to get served when most of the help is running out the back door. LOL[rofl]

"Does this look like spit to you?"

Good luck with the exams!

Meanwhile, I just found a High-power rifle group in Roswell. Third week in April will be a good time to exercise the M1 Garand!

So very close...

So coming down to the wire been a while since I posted so figure what the hey thought I would let you guys and gals know that I am still in the fight!
2 more tests to go and 8 weeks of spanish then I hit the field! And by field I mean processing center, where I will prolly roll prints and what not for like 6-8 months before I can get dirty! So still hanging in there just got a few more practicals to go through driving shotgunning and getting OC'ed are high on the list over the next 10 class days. Weeee. Cant wait to get that OC [crying] yeah its going to feel great... gah. But yes, officially done on the 12th and from there I can dive into spanish, its a decent immersion program and I hear that almost no body fails it, so thats a plus.
I did have a close call a few weeks ago with a fever that ran like 102 or so for over 5 days, that really cramped my style in PT! I thought I might not make it through that, got really close to the limit of days you can miss before auto ejection. Luckily the amoxicillin killed it.

When I get to Douglas I will have to order me a liter of cola. [smile]

thanks for all the well wishes and support guys! (and gals!)

Congrats. I was going to be a customs agent myself when I got out of the Marine Corps in '93, but the waiting list was too long. Would gone then too when my number came up, but while waiting, I was offered too much money by another job.

Anyway, best of luck, but don't count out moving back to MA one day. Twice, I moved out and wounded up moving back, albeit for reasons other than me actually wanting to live in this leftist state.

Think of all you left behind when you came to NM for the winter...last I heard, York Co. ME had over 100 inches of snow this past season. (It is past, right guys?)

Good luck on the next phase!

Tear!

Geez gotta love all the support that you guys dump out! Ah makes me proud to be part of such a great community and to be a gun owner!

An armed society is more than just a polite society, it is a moral one for it knows the value of life and friendship.

Ok i will hop off my sentimental soapbox now! [smile]
Thanks again all will post again when I am walking the line!

Sounds liek you are rocking along! Goodluck with the Spanish....did they train you in paintball yet? I hear you'lll get to shoot back at the cartels with them soon!

OC

Geez gotta love all the support that you guys dump out! Ah makes me proud to be part of such a great community and to be a gun owner!

An armed society is more than just a polite society, it is a moral one for it knows the value of life and friendship.

Ok i will hop off my sentimental soapbox now! [smile]
Thanks again all will post again when I am walking the line!
You`ll love the OC spray training. For 4 days after my training every time I took a shower my skin burned.

Graduated!!!

And am now in the spanish program, its an operational command task based spanish your basic 8 week crash course. Fun stuff. Well off and running on phase two now, just saving some cash and getting ready for the big move to AZ [smile] needless to say I will have some questions for you fine folks as to what kind of arsenal I should start building. So far it stands at the 9000s and the HKP2000 (service arm) but I got the 1911 hankering. I think I need to go buy a decent priced used one and refinish and dump in some nice parts to it. I want to build one up but think I should own one first before doing so. So let me have it ladies and gents, whats a good base model to start with? [laugh2][laugh] (god what a can of worms that is!! )

rwl1955 yeah had that OC training, its.... amazing to say the least. Yeah i took an hour shower and went through half a bottle of johnson's baby shampoo. That shower burned bad, but I stayed in there till it didn't burn any more.
Most horrible stuff ever.

Back
Top Bottom