I'm dying to know: Anyone in NH get the 'TV' card from Jeb Bush yet ??

Had a JEB!! kid stop by the house yesterday, asking if I'd do a quick survey. Said sure. "if held today who?" "Cruz" I answered. "Ok, second choice?" "Rand Paul" says I. "Wow, you're the first person saying that. Better commander in chief, Rubio or Jeb?" "Can I say none of the above?" I ask. "Yes, it's your survey". Went like that for a few minutes, he finally asked "Can I leave you some JEB!!! info in case you'd like to get some more information?" "Nope, not worth your time or mine".

At least he was polite, took "no" gracefully. I had to fight the urge to yank his ballcap off his head and put a good curve in the brim. What's with this flat brim all of a sudden? Growing up, only the dorks had flat brims.

Jeb is doing a great job spent ~45 million to go from 11% to 3% in NH. He has ~55M left to spend and that should take him to 0% in NH.
The people purchasing the ads get 15%.....

Ya know, he really blew it. Do the math. 1.3million people in NH, 1/2 of whom probably are registered to vote so we'll say about 650,000 voters.

Now, bring in, say, 45 million bucks. Why not just give all 650k about $70 in coupons for dinner, booze, book stores? I mean really, posters and video cards????

Tincture of Scotia Dept.

According to what I heard on Howie Carr's show tonight, Jeb is spending umteen millions to get his message out and one was is to send a card to you with an actual video player and a chip that has a video messasge embedded in it. According to the guy handling the effort says they cost "about as much as a good bottle of scotch". Well, Howie said he should have been sending scotch instead of a hokey video message. ...

Howie was on such a roll, I recorded the whole segment (7MB of .WAV file).

..."So far", again this is Politico, the story is headlined The Bush Blame Game Begins, "With Bush struggling [strug-gle-ink], supporters, staff and donors start pointing the finger at the super PAC’s chief, Mike Murphy. So far, Right to Rise has spent $58.8 million, according to ad-tracking data from SMG Delta and reported by NBC News, and doesn’t have plans to drop off anytime soon". As Steve told you a couple of days ago, they have already booked $10 million in ads leading up to Super Tuesday, which are mostly Southern states; Massachusetts, Vermont and the Southern states.

"... Right to Rise spokesman Lindsay dismissed criticism of the video mailer investment"; now that's the one I'm looking at; see I don't want the video mailer. Like most of you, forget the video mailer - give me the bottle of scotch. I mean, they're the ones who brought it up. They said, the video mailer only cost as much as a bottle of scotch. So, basically they were giving their voters an option, right? So, my option is: I'll take the scotch. So they said that they sent out only 300 copies of the video mailer, for just a few thousand dollars in total, and that it was a part of a series of line-item expenditures that donors worry won't help Bush.

And you know, if you have 2-3 people in your household up in New Hampshire who voted in the last two or three Republican Presidential primaries, don't let 'em get away with giving you a bottle of J&B, or Ballantine's - don't even settle for Johnny Walker Black! You want some of the good single-malt stuff! You tell 'em that! You turn out to vote every year? Three votes? That's like a 5% increase in the number of votes that Bush gets in the state, if he gets three votes out of your house! Tell 'em you want the Glenlivet! Oban 14! Don't even settle for Glenfiddich - go for the really, really high-end stuff!

Don't let 'em get away with it, they're payin' ...; they got $50-$60 million bucks left - they can spring for the good stuff for you.

"Weeks earlier, for example, Right to Rise purchased advertising space on billboards in a few early voting states featuring a Bush quote in white letters against a red background: 'Donald Trump is unhinged,' it read. Rankled by what they saw as more wasteful spending, a handful of Bush supporters in Florida began emailing around a photoshopped image of the billboard but with a different quote: 'Light all the donor money on fire.' It was attributed to Mike Murphy". [Chuckles]. "Yet without some dramatic improvement in Bush’s position, donors say Murphy’s strategy might be doing nothing more than harming Rubio at precisely the moment the GOP could be rallying around an alternative to Trump or Cruz". This is great, they have got more money than brains; a lot more money. Well, if they had 2 bucks, they'd have more money than brains, 'cause they obviously have no clue about what they're doing.

It goes on, but the litany of scotch brands was epic radio.

Had a JEB!! kid stop by the house yesterday, asking if I'd do a quick survey. Said sure. "if held today who?" "Cruz" I answered. "Ok, second choice?" "Rand Paul" says I. "Wow, you're the first person saying that. Better commander in chief, Rubio or Jeb?" "Can I say none of the above?" I ask. "Yes, it's your survey". Went like that for a few minutes, he finally asked "Can I leave you some JEB!!! info in case you'd like to get some more information?" "Nope, not worth your time or mine".

At least he was polite, took "no" gracefully. I had to fight the urge to yank his ballcap off his head and put a good curve in the brim. What's with this flat brim all of a sudden? Growing up, only the dorks had flat brims.

Not all of a sudden, you're a few years behind, lol, but I hear ya. I'm 32 and that shit seems wrong as hell to me.

Back
Top Bottom