If Trump were to be elected, what actions could he take to support the Second Amendment (2A)?

Pistol braces, “ghost guns,” zero tolerance for FFLs, just to name a few. He’s also not done, as private sales are also on their way out the door in the near future. He admitted himself that he’s done just about everything he can do through executive order about gun control. Name another president that’s admitted that.

The Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, which was the first piece of meaningful gun control legislation passed in decades. Lot of bad stuff in there, including something that gave Biden the power to strip funding away from schools that had hunting programs. It took a supermajority of Congress to pass a new piece of legislation to undo what he did. Goes to show you that if you give anti-gunners an inch, they’ll take a mile.

Don’t think that it’s not a big deal just because you’re not affected by it.
Indeed, most bill passed by Congress are used as Trojan Horses to hide new laws that they wish to keep on the QT.

I would request that all of the TDS suffers please heavily medicate yourselves before reading this.

Trump will do nothing.

They want the American population disarmed.

He’s no different.

Look what he did with bump stocks.

The same pressure with real firearms he’ll cave just the same.

Think your putting too much faith in mr Roberts but, that's just me.
You are preaching to the choir. I lost my mind when Gura was willing to play Russian Roulette with the 2A in the Heller case. There were 4 solid no's in that case from the get go. 4 solid yes votes. Roberts was the one going to decide it and it was insane to put the 2A in his hands. We lucked out when Roberts made it a 5-4 win for the good guys.

You guys are forgetting the fervor around bumpstocks after the Vegas shooting.

If you’re that much of a single issue voter, then your vote can’t be won by a viable candidate anyway.
It was unreal to say the least. Defending bump stocks at that moment in time was akin to defend a child rapist.

He will support infringing on the 2A. Just like he did last time!
But between him and Biden. I'll choose him.
Illegal laws against our rights are just that.
Ignore them.

Realistically? Nothing. Trump does not care enough about RKBA to stick his neck out for it even a single milimeter.

On the other hand, through his SCOTUS picks last time he was in office, he's already done more to secure RKBA than many other presidents.
What President would you suggest did more?
I only ask because you said "many" as opposed to most or all and you know your history.

Trump will do nothing.

They want the American population disarmed.

He’s no different.

Look what he did with bump stocks.

The same pressure with real firearms he’ll cave just the same.
The bump stock ban was done specifically because Trump consulted the NRA about the issue and the NRA basically told him that they're toys, no real use, not many people have them, and to save the skins of Republican RINO congress critters had Trump take the fall.

Blame the NRA, not Trump. Actually, you can blame Trump to some extent, he trusted the NRA and they, just like the rest of the Swamp, burned him.

It was unreal to say the least. Defending bump stocks at that moment in time was akin to defend a child rapist.
Machine guns are the third rail of the 2nd Amendment, there will never not be a registration requirement for them under the NFA, but I do think Hughes is capable of being defeated in the future. The biggest reason why I say that is you look at all the gangbangers with their Glock switches and how little is being done to haul them in, yet folks like us who ain't gotten so much as a speeding ticket can't even get a binary trigger?

That's unequal justice, so if the "teens" can own machine guns, why can't we?

Would really prefer Trump to stay away from trying to implement anything to do with guns. His track record and own utterances speak volumes. Not to mention the last thing the Pro-2A people need is ravenous TDS sufferers to rally against guns (not that most of them aren't already). I'd like to see him stick to being strongly anti-gun, and then watch the left explode at having to throw away one of the tenets of their platform or otherwise agree with Trump.
If.he does get in he should go scorched earth on federal gun laws and all of the regulatory agencies. Make them dig deep to fight for laws.and regulations for once.

All he needed to do was nothing - blather on about it in front of the reporters and quietly order zero action in the background.

Roberts would have jumped ship and made it 7-2.
Roberts is the justice who leaked the abortion decision because he's obsessed with his legacy in liberal circles, but he was also part of the majority (back when it was 5-4) with Heller.

Apart from the first NYSRPA case that got mooted not soon after Kavanaugh got confirmed, Roberts has been pretty solid on 2A stuff. I'm more concerned about Barrett than I am Roberts on AWB and mag capacities, but we will see with the bump stock ruling which way many of the justices actually swing. If Barrett goes against bump stocks, I can see Roberts jumping on her bandwagon solely to use it as a signal to the other 4 GOP justices that if they want to push to grant cert on AWB, magazines, etc. that he's not a reliable vote and that Barrett is clearly anti-gun.

What President would you suggest did more?
I only ask because you said "many" as opposed to most or all and you know your history.

I wouldn't, really. I just tend to avoid using absolutes when I'm not sure I'm right, which is "usually."

To be fair, most presidents hadn't needed to do anything on RKBA. That's only been a thing since 1938, and most Presidents since then have only really worried about 2A if they're against it. The vast majority, like Trump, just haven't cared all that much about securing gun rights. Let's face it, if you're a pro-2A politician, why bother? Politically, it's all downside and no upside. The states seem to be doing an okay job overall, which has been a rough thing to realize if you live in CA, NY, MA, HI, or someplace else stupid; so, let the states handle it. A national politician doesn't think he needs to do much.

Federally, "letting the AWB expire" in 2004 is probably the most I've seen any set of politicians do. And that didn't even require them to do anything except just sit there.

Roberts is the justice who leaked the abortion decision because he's obsessed with his legacy in liberal circles, but he was also part of the majority (back when it was 5-4) with Heller.

Apart from the first NYSRPA case that got mooted not soon after Kavanaugh got confirmed, Roberts has been pretty solid on 2A stuff. I'm more concerned about Barrett than I am Roberts on AWB and mag capacities, but we will see with the bump stock ruling which way many of the justices actually swing. If Barrett goes against bump stocks, I can see Roberts jumping on her bandwagon solely to use it as a signal to the other 4 GOP justices that if they want to push to grant cert on AWB, magazines, etc. that he's not a reliable vote and that Barrett is clearly anti-gun.
Sotomayor

The bump stock ban was done specifically because Trump consulted the NRA about the issue and the NRA basically told him that they're toys, no real use, not many people have them, and to save the skins of Republican RINO congress critters had Trump take the fall.

Blame the NRA, not Trump. Actually, you can blame Trump to some extent, he trusted the NRA and they, just like the rest of the Swamp, burned him.
Both the NRA and Trump were told that the bump stock ban would happen whether they approved or not.

Government was showing up at people's houses long before Biden and will be doing so long after he's gone. This is not new. Just because the reporting on it may be more sensationalized and more prevalent now, does not mean that there's suddenly been a change in government policy.

You make it sound like no knock raids and innocent people getting shot it's a result of an overbearing government is some new anomaly under Biden. It's not Not at all... and it happened under Trump too. I noticed you neglected to mention how the ATF was showing up at your door if they knew you had a bump stock. How about the solvent catchers? Remind me did that happen under Biden? Or was it Trump? Hmmm..... We'll just leave out these inconvenient truths. That behavior and that practice was established long before Biden.

And sadly, it was your boy Trump who really got the ball rolling. With the way the ATF handled bump stocks under his watch it set a standard. One that Biden is only all too happy to continue to use. So thanks Trump, for that.
Not dissagreeing.....government has been over bearing for a long time. Your argument is like talking to the wind.

Like forever......think GCA 1968, think AWB under Clinton. No Republican president has ever stopped it. Well the AWB was stopped under Bush...so there's that. But they stop other things like illegal immigration, etc......its always lesser of two evils, until its not.....like in MA here.

Its governments job to advance their position of the boot on your neck because they take your tax money and vote in more power for themselves........ but..........who advances it faster?......Democrats....for sure proven fact in most cases.

So that leads me to the question...if not Trump....

Who's your boy then? Hmmm?

If you say......doesn't matter we are F'ed anyway.....I'll agree.....I think we are F'ed because of voter fraud anyway and Trump will not get in. So it probably doesn't matter, but make no mistake, you will have shit for gun rights if Biden rolls the SC. Which Trump will NOT do.

Last edited:
I would request that all of the TDS suffers please heavily medicate yourselves before reading this.

We should all be clapping like seals because Trump did a tiny little something here and a tiny little something there. Now let's see a president with some real brass balls who can walk into the ATF HQ on his first day and fire everyone. That would be protecting the second amendment. But his ego is very fragile and he wants everyone to like him.

We should all be clapping like seals because Trump did a tiny little something here and a tiny little something there. Now let's see a president with some real brass balls who can walk into the ATF HQ on his first day and fire everyone. That would be protecting the second amendment. But his ego is very fragile and he wants everyone to like him.
I’m on board. Who should it be?

The article is what it is and by a respected organization. Reality is reality and speaking of that you need to sit down for a moment and ask yourself how this feckless TDS that you and others posses is relevant at this point and how it will help us come November.

Back
Top Bottom